Status
Not open for further replies.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Gonna document this since i tried to look.it up and while theres allot of info on e cigs and airplanes theres not much on greyhound busses. And im taking a bus from washington back to co. So far the first bus was basically empty so i just stealth styled it no worries there. Now im sitting on layover in portland i talked to the security guard and he said its fine to vape inside so no worries so far. Just sitting here with my phone and ego style passthrough. Ill ask my next bus driver and see how that goes. Feel free to comment just to talk or whatever ill be on the bus for awhile and it gets boring lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Lol you have a bit of a ride ahead of you huh?

I have absolutely nothing to add as far as vaping and busses. Good luck with the stealthily. I guess you could always stick your head under a blanket or your hoodie if you get desperate. The awesome thing about Vapor is that it doesn't linger but dissipates in seconds.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
Hi, kiddo!
I live about an hour and 1/2 from OHare. I had to fly a couple weeks ago. I always take the bus to the airport as it is way cheaper than parking.
I vaped on the bus after asking the driver.
I was just careful to sit away from others.
I think if we show consideration it will bode well for us down the road.
Have a save trip
Hope you have a good read
and keep up posted.
P

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Yaaa and i have to make the ride back in a few weeks or so lol. I canr stand greyhound ive been on waaay to many of these busses for my lifetime but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ya its easy to get away with as long as the person im next to doesnt care. Itll be a conversation starter at the least i figure im just hoping im not in the same boat of having to wait for a stop to get my nic.

Lol im to young to have ever experienced that. Every buss or plane ive been on has been no smoking. .... sucks when you have a bus driver that could care less and will make a 3 hour straight shot.

Gotta say its nice not to have to walk outside anymore i can just chill and let everything charge till i board even though it doesnt smell the greatest in here as usual...

Thanks man. I plan on being nice about it. Asking the bus drivers and security guards and such. I cant afford to get kicked off my trip so i dont have much of a choice anyway lol. I did forget to bring a book but i got my phone atleast

Last edited:

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
God I remember when they allowed smoking on greyhound buses. I am getting old.

I remember smoking on airplanes... Hard to believe! And that wasn't all that long ago. I was in college so just over 20 years. I don't know when they banned them, couldn't have been long after that thoug.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
I remember smoking on airplanes... Hard to believe! And that wasn't all that long ago. I was in college so just over 20 years. I don't know when they banned them, couldn't have been long after that thoug.

Lol so a couple years after i was born. Not to make you feel old or anything

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States

LOL both of my parents smoked, so every time we flew back east to visit family, we sat in the 'smoking section' of the plane - never thought twice about it, since they both smoked in the house, too. However, I get a little nervous flying in a plane that has ashtrays in the armrests!

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Lol so a couple years after i was born. Not to make you feel old or anything

Oh shut up. Brat. :p

Just you wait. One of these days you'll have kids that are the as old as you feel lol

Seriously it freaks me out to think I'm 44. I mean seriously, I don't act a day over 25.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
I remember not having a phone with internet. I had a flip phone when i was like 12 but that was advanced for then. I see all kinds of kids walking arround with nice ... phones these days. ... are these parents thinking these phones aint cheap and arent very durable

SpiritBear

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Maricopa Co, Arizona, USA
Have done a fair amount of cross-country travel by bus, always enjoyable and interesting. One of my favorite things was getting off at the various stops to have a smoke -- I tend to bury my nose in a book while on the bus (except for looking out the window, watching the country change, etc.), so joining the other smokers was always an opportunity for instant sense of camaraderie.

As a vaper now, next time I travel by bus I'm sure I'll still get off for a "break" and join the smokers even if I *can* vape on the bus.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Ya always do end up in conversation out smoking but ill probably end up doing that in the bus anyway. Hopefully to many people arent crazy.

Lol i didnt miss any fun i still had allot of ooold toys growing up.

Just boarded my buss at portland didnt get a chance to talk to the driver but its fairly empty ill just be sneaky. Got a bus with outlets and wifi!

And looks like im not the only one with an e cig

Last edited:

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
First complaint in baker city oregon.. couldnt use it to close to the truck stop apparently one of the workers came out and said no smoking even thoughs.

Insomnia+greyhound=nightmare. Still havent slept at all Dont know wether to chug this monster and hope it keeps me awake till tommorow at noon or keep tryin to sleep

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Oh shut up. Brat. :p

Just you wait. One of these days you'll have kids that are the as old as you feel lol

Seriously it freaks me out to think I'm 44. I mean seriously, I don't act a day over 25.

this,,,,,,exactly THIS :lol:

I am 48,,,,,,I remember when I used to think that was old :lol:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
When I went away to college I got a brand new electric typewriter... It was so cool because it had a button on it that would automatically erase the last word I typed!

You poor kids, you missed all the fun.

they don't even make kids do foot notes for reports anymore,,,,,,I mean what kinda fun do these poor kids miss out on!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
they don't even make kids do foot notes for reports anymore,,,,,,I mean what kinda fun do these poor kids miss out on!

As an ex teacher I can say with complete honesty.

Just try to get making a kid do anything remotely academic past the administration. Seriously just try.

I taught High school math and science. I almost got fired for having my kids write lab reports using complete sentences. You see I was infringing on the kids rights to use Ebonics and street language. Yeah there is a reason I don't teach anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread