Greetings from MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys and Gals,
I have been a browser of this forum for a couple months and have learned so much, but wanted to first off introduce myself, and second thank everyone for all the knowledge they post on these forums.

Since frequenting this Forum I now have an addiction to buying e-cig stuff (Would I have anyway? probably). I quit smoking analogs March 11th, 2014 (started e-cigs about 3 weeks before that). Since that time, I vape between 0 and 6mg nic, which is awesome considering I have been a pack or more smoker for over 25 years. I have tried everything from the patch, gum, all sorts of messed up meds, heck, I even spent time in the hospital, none of which caused me to quit!

E-Cigs did it for me. And I have already converted my wife, 6 co-workers, all of my band members, countless friends. My mom was a 3 pack a day smoker for 50+ years, and was told if she didnt quit smoking she would lose her leg. That didn't stop her, and the health problems kept getting worse. I ended up buying her a couple e-go twists, and kanger protanks, and within 2 weeks, she was switched, and hasn't had a smoke since. Not only that, but her leg has healed, and she is healthy again.

About 10 years ago she got this sore on her ankle, and it wouldn't heal. She didn't think much of it for years, and finally asked the doctor about it. Doctor told her that the smoking is causing such bad circulation that the wound will never heal, and she will have to get her lower leg cut off. They also refused to do the surgery to help fix it until she quit smoking for 6 months. Analogs had her so bad, that didn't stop her...E-Cigs did, and she got the surgery.

I for one am very frustrated with all the doctors, and big-tobacco lobyists out there saying e-cigs and bad, and shouldn't be used to help quit smoking. I have personally seen it work on every single person I was able to convert.

Since March my e-cig great addiction is in full swing however. :vapor: While I don't have as much gear as some of the folks out there, I have a Provari 2, a Cana mod, 4 mech mods, at least 6 RDAs, 3 kayfuns, and have a ZNA coming in the mail. While my wife will never under stand, to me, each piece I buy has its purpose. It could be for all day vape, going to work (provari/kayfun, and a mech with a dripper), an RDA for breakfest (higher resistance, etc.), and one for dinner (with an average coil (you know that sweet spot around .7 - 1.0 on a DNA 30), and of course the cloud chasers (copper mech, 24 gauge .3 ohm builds).

I have recently got into making my own e-juice, and that is my newest addiction. I think I have already spend around %300 just on different flavors, so I can try out new recipes, clones, etc. I am selling e-juice to all the people I have converted at cost (just so I have enough to Vape e-juice for free really), and have a decent cookbook of recipes, besides your basic one flavor types.

Anyways! I know that is a lot to take in, but I am exited to be part of an awesome community!

On a personal note, I live in MN and work as a systems architect at a company called 3M. I also play lead guitar, and have spent most of my life on tour (such as the oz-fest (you would be suprised who I converted to e-cigs, but I won;t name names). I also own a recording studio, that I use to record up and coming bands for free. If it wasn't for a couple people when I was a kid, I woulnd't have made it so far in the music field, and I am a big supported of paying it forward, Karma, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to ready this!

Dennis

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Sure! Who is the vendor and what do they carry?

They are called the ecig and supply co. They are located in the holly shopping center in Fridley.They carry all the usual tanks, batteries and mods. They have about 90 e juice concentrates flavors vg pg nicotine and of course a juice taste bar.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
They are called the ecig and supply co. They are located in the holly shopping center in Fridley.They carry all the usual tanks, batteries and mods. They have about 90 e juice concentrates flavors vg pg nicotine and of course a juice taste bar.
Do they carry Flavor Arts, Inawera & TFA flavors? How about bottles & syringes?

Oddly, Prince was one of the people! when I was around 13, I was in a band called Necromis. First show I ever played was First Ave, main stage, as my singer Greg (couple years older than me) knew some folks that worked security. I started hanging out with said security guys, and a few friends joined the security team. Prince would ask for people to come and do security for parties at house in Chanhassen. From there I started jamming with American Head Charge, managed to win the battle of the bands for an opening spot on the Oz-fest tour. Then stayed on tour, became good friends with some big bands (such as Slipknot), and started my tour of the world at the age of 16. As they say, the rest is history....25 odd years later, I stay play in a band, but really focus on writing, recording, and helping out up and coming bands.

A for DIY Juice, i have been ordering my supplies from a MN store, onestopdiyshop. They are in New Germany, MN. While they don't have a store front, I can order something today, and get it in the mail tomorrow. Their prices are reasonable (I can get PG/VG and NIC juice cheaper elsewhere, but at this point I haven't really had to). Now that I am starting to make larger bulk of e-juice to sell to friends and family, I will need to find cheaper sources. Oddly, I stopped at Jo-Ann Fabrics in Woodbury the other day, and they had a bunch or Lorann Flavors (just the drams).

I will definitely check out that store. I started my e-juice love at smokeless smoking. Originally couldn't get enough of the Caramel apple pie (now I can't stand it). Its amazing how much your taste changes. When i first got off the analogs, It was all sweet flavors, then I really got into custards. I ordered a bunch of Bryce's Blend Custard ejuice (great stuff, good price, pleasure to work with the folks there), and absolutely loved it, for about a month, then one morning I woke up, took a puff, and absolutely hated it! The rich, buttery flavor made me sick (Like trying to eat an entire Rich Cake in 1 puff). But, he sent me samples of his Strawberry Flan, and Banana pudding. That stuff is amazing! Luckily My mom loves his custard, so I was able to sell her the 120Ml bottle I had left.

Now, I am really into Tobacco Flavors. Been vaping Vermillion Rivers Kentucky Apple wood, and honey wood. But started to realize that If I wanted to continue Vaping these "Premium" e-juices, it would cost me $200+ a month (more than smoking analogs). Luckily my wife likes just plain ole, Strawberry, or Banana, so she is a cheap vape date lol. She is down to 3mg nic, and misses the throat hit, but happens to really love menthol, so I started making her "Grape Freeze" (TFA Grape Jolly 15% and 2% Menthol), mixed at 70pg/30vg. So she gets that throat hit at a low nic level. I, Unfortunately can't stand Menthol, but have started using Koolada (been making Sonic type drink flavors, with Koolado so it feels like its on ice). Have their Strawberry Limeade down to an art form.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals!

LOL, we were just talking about that a couple days ago. But, I can use them as a slide! I even thought about turning one into a Capo (You know the devices you clamp down on your fretboard to change your tuning.

I do think I have finally leveled out on the ecig mods (but then something new will come out!). I have a copper mod (Stingray, It was black, but I sanded the black off, then used Ammonia and salt to Patina it, now its a nice Dark blue, red, and auqa color, I sprayed a few layers of clear coat on it to really make the colors pop). I have a brass Chi You seasons, a SS Tree of life. I also have a new Stingray X stuck in the mail system right now, along with the ZNA 30 LTE(Going on 2 months for that one to finally even get shipped). I am going to sell the Cana 30 Mod as soon as the ZNA shows up.
Welcome Dennis, great story. I've been at this a month and can see where my old cigarette money is going to go! The only downside for you is not being able to stick any of your mods under the strings on your guitar head ala like Keith Richards does cigarettes.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread