• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Greater Toronto Area Get Together #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
I should have stayed last night. My plans got dropped 10 min after I left. All in all it was a good time. To be honest, I was a bit overwhelmed at first. I was looking for vapour of some sort, but there was nothing going on when I walked in. After I figured this is the only group here, might as well just make my way over. You know it's quite tough trying to get into a group of 20+ people. Where do you start? With who? Everyone is a stranger and I'm new to the whole thing. Well by the end of the night I felt comfortable and welcome. Thanks guys. ESP the last table standing. I still can't get over hotone tho lol. HOT AS HELL!!!!

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
It's strange how once the forum names are mentioned then you can really put a face to the names and then you loosen up. Who was left after I ran out? There was dusty with the great stories all night, inked with all my questions answered (super nice guy once you get over the bald head the beard down to his chest, the spacers in his ears, 6 feet plus and probably tatted all over), the HOTONE with all the crazy mods which I'm looking forward to seeing next meet, jack, so who were the other 2 left? Who was switching up the music that night and who was already at the round table? I didn't catch their names.

TheFlyinJ

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Markham, Ontario
Like always, last night was a blast with an amazing turn-out and some great juice being passed around. I stuck to my promise to not try anything over 12-16mg and was rewarded with a non-hazy drive home. At first I thought it would be better if we spread out a bit more but soon realized that the more dense our group (for lack of better term) the more info/juice/knowledge gets passed around.

Jack: Thanks for showing last night with all the orders. Having my eGo P/T made the night just that much more enjoyable. I loaded a carto already but am finding the hit too airy (too much air, not enough vapour). Maybe i'm doing something wrong...

Lickwid: Thanks for the Banana's Foster, Bavarian Cream, and Snickerdoodle. I'll probably cut them slightly so I'm getting around 6-8mg as that is all I need for regular vaping.

Dusty and I were discussing that name-tags are a MUST for the next meet. I had no idea who half the people were other than the regulars. Perhaps we could have our real first name, our forum name, and the devices we use. That way we can start convos with people using devices we both use or want to purchase.:headbang:

Melloh: I was the guy who instantly recognized you as being the "new guy" looking to try out vaping. Grey hoody with blue stripes and short hair.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
There will be NAME-TAGS next time around. I'm glad everybody is now on board with why we need them. :)

I love the energy that this thread has gathered in the last day. We are a small community of vapers (hopefully that changes going forward) and I honestly believe we all owe our success with vaping in part to each and every member of our community no matter how small a big part they play.

Looking forward to the next meet already. :)

Happy vaping folks!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
No, they are not usually in RH, they are always in RH. ;)

I would rather not drive downtown in the middle of the week at 8:00p.m. It will probably take 2 hours to get there.

Also, to be fair, it's not RH, it's really Thornhill. So there! :p

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
Awww, come on. Downtown traffic = good times. (Have I mentioned I don't drive?)

Is it anywhere near GO stations and/or accessible by transit? Do they even HAVE transit in Thornhill? :p

There was talk a long time ago about having one downtown. I believe there were a few vape friendly establishments found but none that were willing to allow a large group of vapers.

Somewhere closer to Yonge and 401 would be a more compromising location then downtown. Along the subway line and still convenient for people coming in for longer distances. There are a few regulars from Hamilton and Milton. Not that I have any clue of a place around there that would be willing to have us.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Awww, come on. Downtown traffic = good times. (Have I mentioned I don't drive?)

Is it anywhere near GO stations and/or accessible by transit? Do they even HAVE transit in Thornhill? :p

The only way that I know by transit is to take TTC all the way to Finch and then jump onto the YRT (York region transit), I think the Number 1 bus that goes to Highway 7. Once on that, you would get off one light east of Leslie and you're there.

It will be a bit time-consuming though. I'd say atleast an hour and half from downtown TO.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Really want to come out to one of these... are they usually in RH? I don't drive :( Come downtown, guys! I know a great bar that is vape friendly! Coooommmmeee Dooowwwwwnnnntowwwwwnnnn...

Which bar? Always looking to find a place downtown to get my vape on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread