Grandma's new Kayfun

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did it! I really just did it! My new kayfun clone has been sitting in front of me in it's pretty little box intimidating me for a few days now. I finished cleaning all the pro tanks and replacing all the burnt wicks this morning and then decided it was time to give the kayfun a whirl. Mind you, I have never wrapped a coil before. Well this is one proud and quite content little Grandma. The flavor is phenomenal. I think my plans have changed for the day as I may just sit here and enjoy this moment all day long. The only trouble I had was knowing how much juice to put in it. It is solid stainless (Grandma doesn't do plastic) so I have no way to tell. Any hints? And how will I know when it's getting low? It's a V3.1

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
See, grandmas can have fun too; even if their name isn't Kay!
thumbsup.gif

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Congrats to you? Isn't it gratifying to have your first build on a new device result in vaping bliss!? .. I have a 3.1 coming in myself, should be here Monday, and I am looking forward to it. I have been a Taifun lover for the last couple of months, and I am so curious to see how the Kayfun will compare. Much continued enjoyment to you. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I did it! I really just did it! My new kayfun clone has been sitting in front of me in it's pretty little box intimidating me for a few days now. I finished cleaning all the pro tanks and replacing all the burnt wicks this morning and then decided it was time to give the kayfun a whirl. Mind you, I have never wrapped a coil before. Well this is one proud and quite content little Grandma. The flavor is phenomenal. I think my plans have changed for the day as I may just sit here and enjoy this moment all day long. The only trouble I had was knowing how much juice to put in it. It is solid stainless (Grandma doesn't do plastic) so I have no way to tell. Any hints? And how will I know when it's getting low? It's a V3.1

you will get a warmer than normal hit with a slight burnt taste on the tip of your tounge... if you notice the change open it up and refill. Or... if you are feeling adventurous, take one more pull and verify that you are out of juice...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Cool thing about my KF clones is that I can vape them down to absolutely empty. One sudden dry hit and I know it's done.

I also fill from the top, hold one finger over the airhole, screw on the top a little, flip upside down, uncover the airhole and finish tightening the top.

I dont hold the hole or flip it...
what I would like to know is why do alot of people do this hole holding and flipping thing?? and for those who do the hole holding and flipping, have yall tried it else wise and found that doing it elsewise is disastorous?
Let me know why hole holding and flipping is so much better than just filling it....

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
you will get a warmer than normal hit with a slight burnt taste on the tip of your tounge... if you notice the change open it up and refill. Or... if you are feeling adventurous, take one more pull and verify that you are out of juice...

I read this about 10 minutes too late :p and yes, I'm adventurous….YUK! Lesson learned.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
From one Kayfun owner to another, way to go! I quit using my plastic tank when it cross threaded to the ss ring. I had to use two vice grips to get it off! No problems since I switched to the ss tank. I worried also about how I would know when it was empty. Not a problem, you'll know! Burnt cotton taste! Also a tip I picked up that helped me a lot. Sometimes the rings seize up, and there hard to unscrew. What I saw that helped me a lot is, take some of your juice and lube the threads before every refill. Since doing that it unscrews easy. Happy vapeing! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread