GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I have no clue what my build is... guess I should go back to the old ohm's chart,or maybe you know? It's like 7 wraps of 28ga kanthal on a 2.5 mm bar
I'm guessing that would be somewhere in the range of 1.4-1.5 ohms. maybe a tad less.

I'm running dual 7 wrap 2.5mm 28ga coils in my dripper pro and my meter says it's at .75 ohms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: keepsmiling

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
BTW, for anyone who read my recent posts, I'd just like to add that GP resolved my missing spares issue very quickly. The parts have already been sent out and if I had been better about checking my email I would have know sooner. :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Reactions: keepsmiling

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
BTW, I'm pretty sure the two black o-rings are supposed to be on the base and the red one is supposed to be under the airflow ring. both drippers had them in different orders. once I got them in the right places everything was fine.

FWIW, the pictures of the GPDP on VapourArt showed the red o-rings on both the base (2) and the AFC ring (1)... AND ... that's how mine came (all installed o-rings are red). I said "showed" because I see now that the GPDP has been taken off the web site. I presume for the upcoming Vaper Day since Perseas said above they were short the part for them that yours came without.

Pics I saved from the website way back when...

gp_dripper_pro012_web.jpg

gp_dripper_pro013_web.jpg

Any spares for them that came with mine are buried in one of many boxes stored, so I have no idea if mine even came with any black o-rings.

Suggests the red and black o-rings are interchangeable unless the specs of the GPDP has changed since I got mine.

Regardless, the all red O's work just fine on mine... smooth turning AFC, easy on/off but snug cap to base fit.

Note that while typing this I dug mine out and have been vaping it with my DIY Wintergreen Ice (Brrrr).;)
(ETA: dripping it on a SS Pico 75W TC mod)

Last edited:
Reactions: perseas

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Good morning ma'am! Here's my 2-yrs. old vid on regular wire coiling and wicking:

Done with Nichrome, but it'd be the same with Kanthal as well.

I don't think I've seen this one before, but always enjoy your videos Stan (including those about things I already know).

Attachments

• spyups.jpg
    spyups.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 20

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
FWIW, the pictures of the GPDP on VapourArt showed the red o-rings on both the base (2) and the AFC ring (1)... AND ... that's how mine came (all installed o-rings are red). I said "showed" because I see now that the GPDP has been taken off the web site. I presume for the upcoming Vaper Day since Perseas said above they were short the part for them that yours came without.

Pics I saved from the website way back when...

View attachment 707485
View attachment 707487

Any spares for them that came with mine are buried in one of many boxes stored, so I have no idea if mine even came with any black o-rings.

Suggests the red and black o-rings are interchangeable unless the specs of the GPDP has changed since I got mine.

Regardless, the all red O's work just fine on mine... smooth turning AFC, easy on/off but snug cap to base fit.

Note that while typing this I dug mine out and have been vaping it with my DIY Wintergreen Ice (Brrrr).;)
(ETA: dripping it on a SS Pico 75W TC mod)
Interesting. Good to know they're interchangeable!

I only have one set of spares but the number of black o-rings I have outnumber the number of red two-to-one so I just figured two for the base and one for the AFC :)

Also, on the first dripper I received one of the o-rings was so loose that I really couldn't replace the cap on the base without it getting stretched out and matched. I just substituted one of the spares and was fine. While I didn't check to be sure I just figured that maybe that ring was accidentally installed but the wrong size.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Wishing all you a safe holiday season!

eb2d115fc07208c0bf7c56f49f2a57eb.jpg

Now that's my kind of decoration (after spending about 34 of my 69 years in the frozen north). Been on the Mojave Desert for 25, and what is sometimes seen here...
Tumbleweeds, cactus, palm trees and other desert plants.
dx1.jpg

dx2.jpg
dx3.jpg
dx4.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
athanor_0.png

For every beginning there is an end and every end will lead to new beginnings.

Today we’re announcing that after 6 years of making mods for the international vaping community, we’ll be shutting down VapourArt on February 1.

Of course, we shall continue to support our creations via our Facebook page as long spares last. All this journey was a blast! We met incredible people, we made some fantastic products, we enjoyed every second, we feel so grateful to you guys!

From the bottom of our hearts, a big THANK YOU for all your support and encouragement during these years!

All the best from the GP team, and may you always find what you are looking for in life :)

George, Perseas & Miro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread