VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
What builds are people doing with the picolo and spheroid? Ohms etc

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I basically did this but with cc rayon
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tutorials/503155-gp-spheroid-microcoil-cotton-guide.html
trim to deck width. 5/6 wrapped spaced 30awg kanthal coil @ 1.2 ohms but will go a little higher next time as Q suggested to extend battery life. There's some other guides around, I believe Q's got a good one around.

Lovin the new AW's, Higher amps == safer. How long on a battery? Well that depends on the coil and how much you're vaping. Non scientific questimate maybe 1.5 ml of juice +/- .5.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
How long are these batteries meant to last for let's say 1.2ohm? Few hours? All day? Occasional vaper....

Also Q, how far in mm is your coil from the deck? Like i like my throat hit a lot. So i put mine high, like the bottom will be inline with the posts...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

1) The 600-650mAh batteries should typically last about 4-hrs of moderate vaping (in an office type scenario). This is with a 1.2-1.4 Ohms coil.

2) I usually place my coils at the post screws level. The bottom of the coil in line with the bottom of the screws. Like this:

3) For a more stronger TH you may lift it up a little. Remember you can't lift them much else the coil will touch the chimney and you've a short there. This the max I go:

Last edited:

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
1) The 600-650mAh batteries should typically last about 4-hrs of moderate vaping (in an office type scenario). This is with a 1.2-1.4 Ohms coil.

2) I usually place my coils at the post screws level. The bottom of the coil in line with the bottom of the screws. Like this:

3) For a more stronger TH you may lift it up a little. Remember you can lift them much else the coil will touch the chimney and you've a short there. This the max I go:

Holy shadow photos Batman!!!

What wicking material is in the first photos? It's kinda shadowy and hard to see

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I basically did this but with cc rayon
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tutorials/503155-gp-spheroid-microcoil-cotton-guide.html
trim to deck width. 5/6 wrapped spaced 30awg kanthal coil @ 1.2 ohms but will go a little higher next time as Q suggested to extend battery life. There's some other guides around, I believe Q's got a good one around.

Lovin the new AW's, Higher amps == safer. How long on a battery? Well that depends on the coil and how much you're vaping. Non scientific questimate maybe 1.5 ml of juice +/- .5.

Yep, i use this also...this method warks well.

3) For a more stronger TH you may lift it up a little. Remember you can't lift them much else the coil will touch the chimney and you've a short there. This the max I go:

My coils are this high aswell. But i use 28awg as i dont have anything smaller...any point trying smaller awg?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Oh i see. Thought that may have been the issue.
When you use cotton how far and pointy should the wicks be? i followed the turorial in the link above, but youre wick my friend are huuuge!

Spheroid wicks should be just a mm longer than the base at both ends, i.e. around 18mm end-to-end.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Spheroid wicks should be just a mm longer than the base at both ends, i.e. around 18mm end-to-end.

Awesome! Thanks my friend! Will do a fresh build tonigfht, aiming at around 1.3ohms. Btw you know where you set your coils, its like how i do mine. i thought that was the highest you can go, is there bit more space? or is that like the max for 0.28mm kanthal?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Awesome! Thanks my friend! Will do a fresh build tonigfht, aiming at around 1.3ohms. Btw you know where you set your coils, its like how i do mine. i thought that was the highest you can go, is there bit more space? or is that like the max for 0.28mm kanthal?

Like I demonstrated thru the two sets of pics a few posts back you can do your wick-n-coil setup in two ways:

1) Keep the coil at the same level as the post screws (coil bottom aligned to screws bottom), OR
2) Lift the coil 'over' the posts, but only till its bottom is in level with the top of the screws.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Like I demonstrated thru the two sets of pics a few posts back you can do your wick-n-coil setup in two ways:

1) Keep the coil at the same level as the post screws (coil bottom aligned to screws bottom), OR
2) Lift the coil 'over' the posts, but only till its bottom is in level with the top of the screws.

Thanks will have a play and see!

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Got my shipping notification for the Piccoloid in the wee hours of the morning, woohoo!!!

Haha congrats!!

Congrats! I got my* shipping notification too ;)

*for some more goodies

lol what you bought? also what spheroid version you got? the v3 rules!!

I tried various builds with my Piccoloid. Found best for me to use a 30AWG Kanthal, 1.2-1.3 Ohms with cotton. As Q said, cut the cotton just 1mm out of the base and you will be fine.. I simply love this combo.
I use AW 14500 batteries and need 2-3 of them for whole day vaping

i got 2 14500 batteries now! came today, after some talks with Qorax im going to do a fresh build, hopefully some results should appear ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread