got some (Propylene Glycol Free) ejuice, but its too sweet and thick. How do i thin it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
..(we all know it turns into formaldehyde at the wattages we vape at. )..
That's news to me about PG - as far as i am aware wattage has nothing to do with the breakdown of any e-liquid ingredients. Temperature has been shown to possibly be the cause of degradation, releasing similar chemicals as to those found in cigarette smoke but at a lesser concentration. I'm fairly sure that there is no reaction that can cause PG to turn into formaldehyde. That would be akin to magic.
Genuinely interested - where has this information come from and what are the variables ? Has VG been tested in a similar way and where can we find the unbiased results of such testing ?

P.S. Distilled water will do it.

Im starting to think a 80 VG / 20 PG mix would be perfect.
maybe im thinking of Acetyl Propionyl or Diactyl.
Ther research is on going. This might of been a false alarm and i bought 200 bones worth of PG free ejuice, lol (Kais Virgin Vapors) but its great juice. just too sweet because of so much VG to make up for no PG. I'm going to steep it with the distilled water and also mix in some 80 VG / 20 PG juice from Vapor fi. Lets all keep this conversation going and see if their is any truth to PG being harmful at all.

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
Ahem. I don't know any such thing. What wattages are you referring to?

I am concerned but not just about PG. ;) Please check this thread.

New studies find carcinogens in vg and pg at high temps, even in tootle puffers

Im starting to think a 80 VG / 20 PG mix would be perfect.
The research is on going. This might of been a false alarm and i bought 200 bones worth of PG free ejuice, lol (Kais Virgin Vapors) but its great juice. just too sweet because of so much VG to make up for no PG. I'm going to steep it with the distilled water and also mix in some 80 VG / 20 PG juice from Vapor fi. Lets all keep this conversation going and see if their is any truth to PG being harmful at all. Thanks and if PG turns out to be totally safe, sorry for the false alarm. But, some people think the PG vaped can produce Fermaldihyde like chemicals. But someone in this thread said thats not entirely true. I think if we all put our heads together, we figure this out. Especially after a few days online looking for info/truth/answers. Cheers. I'll keep checking the forum.

Last edited:

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
Well 'that person' (@ppeeble) was quoting something you said and @UncleJunkle just, maybe mistakenly, didn't quote the original post that contained the 'stand-off ish' comment.

right on man. im im too worried about it but thanks for clarifying. Isn't wasn't that stand-off ish anyway. just an observation

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
It might be time to start making your own juice. I vape mostly unflavored, and have tried 100% VG, and it definitely wasn't sweet. When I vape my normal ratio of 70/30 VG/pg, I have to add ethyl maltol to kill the alcohol flavor, and I wouldn't even call that sweet, at low levels. Of course, taste is subjective.

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
I used to buy VV all the time when Annette would mix it to however I wanted it. I had to quit when she went all VG, I can't vape more than about 40% VG. I seem to be doing fine using 60-70% PG for the past 8+ years.

Dr. F. studied the reports regarding pg, you might want to check out his conclusions.

Farsalinos Exposes Faults in Formaldehyde Vape Studies

i will thanks. i think i got PG confused with Propionyl. So yeah im mixing the VV with my Naked 100 with about 40% PG and it tastes great. i like Vaporfi. com because they let you pick your ratio. you can do 60% VG / 40% PG or 80/20 PG which i know is too sweet. thanks for your feedback. i have more to say to your comment. I'll check that link and get back to you. i think this was a false alarm. Cheers. I'll comment back after the link. Thank you!!! Btw, who do u buy your juice from now?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks and if PG turns out to be totally safe, sorry for the false alarm. But, some people think the PG vaped can produce Fermaldihyde like chemicals.

Did you read the OP in the thread I linked? Whatever it is that you're worried about in PG applies to VG also in exactly the same measure. They are both alcohol/sugar molecules that don't behave well in very hot (over ~450°F) temperatures. Flavorings and their components are also a huge unknown.

There is no diacetyl or any other diketones in PG or VG--only in some flavorings.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Hello all!! So i bought a bunch of flavors from Kai's Virgin Vapors. By far the best Propylene Glycol free ejuice I've ever had imo. so the problem is its too thick and sweet. Google says add distilled water?? what do u guys and gals think???
so, i waas mixing it with other flavors with thinner consistency like Naked 100's Very BerrytBerry and Lava Flow and it tasted great BUT it obviously DEFEATS ths whole purpose because we all know Naked 100 has propylene glycol and I'm trying to be propylene glycol FREE!!! Any and all help how to get the best mixture with really any mix FREE of Propylene Glycol but this Kai's Virgin Vapors seems to be the one if i can just figure out a way to thin in out and not make it so sweet (google suggests simply distilled water but i trust you guys over Google any day! How many of you all are concerned about Propylene Glycol at high temps??? (we all know it turns into formaldehyde at the wattages we vape at. ) even though PG is in many products we eat and what no , it's unclear what effect is has while being smoked at high temperature.
Basically, even though Kai's Virgin Vapors is expensive, I've bought almost $300 worth of their ejuice because i don't know if they'll have to get rid of ceetain flavors because of what is going on with the ban! the,"vapocalypse.". Im trying to figure out the best mix of Kais Virgin Vapor. Google says add distilled water. see pic attached please. the Flavors are great but without the PG, they are sooo sweet and thick and just need to be thinned out a bit. I think i know what to do but you're help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Kai's Virgin Vapor
flavors:
Romancing the Strawberry
Blueberry or "Singing the Blues"
Plum Crazy
Blue Vango (Blueberry and mango)
Black Cherry Marshmallo (got the last 15ml bottle)
Razmatazz (Rasberry)
Wicked Watermelon
Get u some e-liquid unflavored u can get it with or without nicotine & mix w/it that's what I do if my e-liquid is tooooo strong or thick, i get the 50vg/50pg mix w/3mg nicotine.

Reactions: Soundtech9

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
Hello all!! So i bought a bunch of flavors from Kai's Virgin Vapors. By far the best Propylene Glycol free ejuice I've ever had imo. so the problem is its too thick and sweet. Google says add distilled water?? what do u guys and gals think???
so, i waas mixing it with other flavors with thinner consistency like Naked 100's Very BerrytBerry and Lava Flow and it tasted great BUT it obviously DEFEATS ths whole purpose because we all know Naked 100 has propylene glycol and I'm trying to be propylene glycol FREE!!! Any and all help how to get the best mixture with really any mix FREE of Propylene Glycol but this Kai's Virgin Vapors seems to be the one if i can just figure out a way to thin in out and not make it so sweet (google suggests simply distilled water but i trust you guys over Google any day! How many of you all are concerned about Propylene Glycol at high temps??? (we all know it turns into formaldehyde at the wattages we vape at. ) even though PG is in many products we eat and what no , it's unclear what effect is has while being smoked at high temperature.
Basically, even though Kai's Virgin Vapors is expensive, I've bought almost $300 worth of their ejuice because i don't know if they'll have to get rid of ceetain flavors because of what is going on with the ban! the,"vapocalypse.". Im trying to figure out the best mix of Kais Virgin Vapor. Google says add distilled water. see pic attached please. the Flavors are great but without the PG, they are sooo sweet and thick and just need to be thinned out a bit. I think i know what to do but you're help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Kai's Virgin Vapor
flavors:
Romancing the Strawberry
Blueberry or "Singing the Blues"
Plum Crazy
Blue Vango (Blueberry and mango)
Black Cherry Marshmallo (got the last 15ml bottle)
Razmatazz (Rasberry)
Wicked Watermelon

so it looks like i was hearing about diethylene glycol ! wow. that's a what's cheap sometimes substitute for PG AND THE DIATHYLENE GLYCOL IS WHAT'S POISNESS.. SO SORRY FOR THIS CONFUSION

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
As far as I know the only reason some want pg free ejuice is cause they wanna Chuck huge clouds bruuuuuuh.....but even if pg or vg in high temps wasn't that good....compare to all the shat I have smoked in my life from inside the cigarettes or from the things I stuffed into cigarettes then I can't say now that I am concerned about vaping :p
:vapor::headbang::vapor::headbang::vapor::headbang::vapor::headbang::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread