Good clearomizer for ego battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
So I just started vaping and I got a kit with 2 ego batteries and 2 ce4s. I've seen people saying some ce4s never even work and when they do they last maybe a week... Ive been using one ce4 for about a month and I've been very pleased with it. But it is leaking now.. On the battery, I have to take off the ce4 and smack it on my hand to get the juice out so it will hit better.

What's a good tank for my ego battery that doesn't leak, hits about he same as a ce4 (not using large amount of juice) and holds <2ml of juice? Should I just keep buying ce4s? I'd rather just get a good tank that doesn't need to be replaced so often.

Thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The bcc - bottom coil changeable types - Tabac Bcc/T3S, and mini protank fit the eGo well - same diameter and for me, don't have the leak problems the CE's did. Also with the bottom coil, you reduce the 'dry hit' problem of the top coils - although the hit won't be as warm. A smaller version of the T3 - the 'baby T3' is also good - 1.6ml capacity instead of 3ml of the T3, but works just as well. Available at Sun Vapers... but pick up a 1.8 and 2.2 ohm replacement coils for it. Good Prophets offers the 1.8ohm Tabac Bcc, whereas other vendors tend to put the 2.6ohm coil in the T3, T3S... although you can buy separate replacement coils.

also see:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...o-c-specific-newbie-question.html#post9433041

Last edited:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Great device for a beginner: would be a EVOD. They're easy to fill, reliable and very easy to replace the heads and rebuild them if/when you are ready. Such similer devices but different looks are as follows : EVOD, MT4, T3, T32, T3s, T4, X6S , REM, V2 , KWX6 , X9 Protank, Protank 2, Protankmini, KWX5, PURITANK etc. Pick up any of the listed devices and a few replacement heads (heating coils) for easy consistent vap.
All of these are BCC, So you will have no troubles like CE4's.

Cheers

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I tried several clearos on my Twists before settling on the Protanks. I had an MT3 that I really liked, but it was difficult to find replacement heads for it. The mini Vivi Nova was a favorite as was the regular sized Vivi Nova. The iClear 16 was great until it started giving me issue and I eventually stomped it into oblivion in a fit of rage. :lol:

I settled on the glass tanks for two reasons. Ease of use and I have a few favorite juices that are really good tank crackers. (Killed my mini Vivi Nova because of that. **sigh** )

It took me some time to find the setup that works best for me. Don't be afraid to try new things and you'll also find what works best for you.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I, too, like the T3 and Evods, the Protank and the Davide. (I actually prefer the Davide to the original Protank model I have, as I don't really like the stainless drip tip. The newer PT2 is changeable, though.) The Evod (and the V-Tox clone) both hold about 1.5 ml, so close to the CE. The others hold more.

And I still use CE5 for some juices, as they seem to taste better with the warmer vape of the top coil. IIRC, the original CE4 was not rebuildable, the later CE5 you could replace (or rewind) the coil and keep on using it.

Most devices, in my experience, can have leaking issues. It's usually something simple like a loose head, overfilling, improper wick installation (which can happen in the factory!), and just takes a little time to learn how to master.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I love my Protank 2 and use it with my VV Mods. I'm now waiting for the Mini Protank 2 (you can switch out the tip) and will be using those for my eGos. These are bottom feeding Clearos so you don't have to worry about tipping your Clearo all the time to keep the coil wet. So when I can get those Mini Protank 2's I'll be all set. (I must say I have enjoyed the Mini Vivi Nova's though, but think I'll just stick with the bottom feeder Protanks. They'll be my KISS solution. :)

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I love my Protank 2 and use it with my VV Mods. I'm now waiting for the Mini Protank 2 (you can switch out the tip) and will be using those for my eGos. These are bottom feeding Clearos so you don't have to worry about tipping your Clearo all the time to keep the coil wet. So when I can get those Mini Protank 2's I'll be all set. (I must say I have enjoyed the Mini Vivi Nova's though, but think I'll just stick with the bottom feeder Protanks. They'll be my KISS solution. :)

Completely off-topic.....But I LOVE you Pug!!! My daughter had a Black named Cole...NO white anywhere!;)
Good luck on the Mini Protank 2.....Looks like the NEWEST iteration WILL have the removable drip-tip..I just got the full-size 2 with the eGo "beauty ring"...Works well, but it's still kinda top-heavy!!!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Are bottom coil clearos more prone to leaking? What are the pros and cons of bottom coil vs top coil?

I've found the bottom coil clearos less prone to leaking.... but there are some reports of course. The tabac bcc and the newer T3S, mini protank and the new Joyetech eGo-cc clearo all don't leak for me.

Top coils - warmer vape; tend to get dry hits when ejuice level is below wicks and coil.

Bottom coils - cooler vape unless you're at 1.8 ohms or lower; bottom wicking eliminates dry hits unless you vape over horizontal on low level ejuice. Tanks must be tightly screwed in to prevent a mess but once you get it, it's no problem. Fills 'upside down'.

On both, make sure orings/silicone are in the right place.

Video on top coils...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Kent's pretty much right on, although any liquid container with holes in it can leak!

I've had very few issues with either, and those can generally be attributed to user error. I.e. overfilling, loose, or improper wick installation.

Bottom coils also usually have a lighter draw than top coils, easier to draw. Whether or not you like that is up to you, of course.

And there's no real reason to use one or the other exclusively. I have some flavors that work better with the warmer top coils, so I keep some of them on hand even though most of my juices are good with the bottom coil cool.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
David's right on the easier draw with most BCC's and the protank's big and mini need at least one hole plugged.

The new Joyetech eGo-cc clearo has no holes at the bottom - airflow slots are just below the mouthpiece and are probably less likely to leak than any I've seen so far. No batt connection holes plus no hole in the center pin. Plus there's a well in the mouthpiece with orings above which lessens the 'juice in the mouth' problem. Still trying it out but so far, it's a keeper.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Haven't seen those. Top coil? And I'd guess with the top orings, leaking when laid down shouldn't be an issue, either?

Bottom coil - uses the same coil unit as the eGo-c type A. They've insulated the spike so no burning so far and there's a 'head cap' over the spike plate as well which likely reduces burning. No leaking anywhere so far. Filling requires a thin tip bottle top which cignot sometimes has but you have to leave room for air to escape when filling - so far no problem. Fill from bottom - manual says top ;) but site says bottom....

Here's the blurb from Joyetech:

Joyetech eGo-CC Atomizer (Changeable clearomizer)

mini review...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ech-clearomizer-long-last-2.html#post10485647

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/458688-joyetech-ego-cc.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread