GLV2 3 year review (aka : Temporary Resurrection review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Okay so first up let me just say that I waited a lot longer than I had planned to write this review.
Also this will probably turn out to be a 3 year review along with a mini 1 day review by the time I'm done writing.

Three years ago I won a custom GLV2 from a GLV for Free contest put on by Jay from Great Lakes Vapor . I chose a Black Lava powder with a clear coat layer for my GLV and it came out looking great.

When I received the unit it worked well but within a couple days I was having misfire issues. However I contacted Jay and we discussed the issue and I was able to send my unit back and he fixed it right up and got it back to me quickly. His customer service with that matter was top notch. Because of this I decided to wait a few months to write a review of the unit to see how it worked over time. But then I stopped coming to the forums and thus why it took so long to write a review.

From the day I got my GLV back until about 3 weeks ago I never had another issue with it. About a year ago I was going to send it in to Jay because I had happened to log onto his website and noticed the head cap upgrade he was offering. However after emailing with Sara and getting all the information I needed in order to do so I wound up deciding I just couldn't go without my GLV long enough to get it done when it wasn't something I had to have done. At the time the GLV was my only 5v device.

So about 3 weeks ago, after 3 years of being my primary use everyday device (I do have other units that I would get out for a few hours on very rare occasions), my GLV finally stopped working. At this point I have no idea what is wrong with it but, since I plan on sending it in for the upgrade and repairs in the near future, I do plan to put a link to this review on the GLV forum so that if he would like Jay can make a post about the issue. After 3 years of use I am upset at it no longer working however only from a personal viewpoint and not as an upset customer. I think the device definitely more than lived up to my expectations and considering the fact it has been through 3 years of being dropped and banged around I am more than happy with the performance I have gotten from it. I mean I got it for free anyhow so I'm not out any money but even if I had paid the $120 for it I'd consider it to have been well worth the price tag. It is definitely the most durable unit I have owned.

At the start of this year I did buy a "cheaper" VV device. I had to return that unit twice because it was faulty and even after getting one that worked properly, on the third unit I was sent, I still ended up sticking with my GLV as my everyday unit. So a few weeks ago when my GLV stopped working I decided I would just use that device for the time being and send my GLV in to Jay for repairs and the upgrade when I got the chance. Well 3 weeks later I haven't gotten around to sending it in yet but 2 days ago I decided I just missed the better size and feel of my GLV. So I came back to the forums and found a list of GLV vendors and ended up ordering a Matte Black with Silver Vein end caps GLV2 from vaporcigzz.com . I just received that unit today but I have to say it looks fantastic and it feels great to have a GLV back in my hand. I like the look of the "new" model head cap and just from looking at it I can see that, while obviously great to begin with, the quality of Jays work has only gotten better. I do have to say that I preferred the size of the vent hole in the older unit over that of the new one though. But that is just a matter of personal preference coming from someone who always carries their GLV in a pants pocket that quite often ends up with a lot of random stuff in it. But time will tell if it becomes an issue that I need to find a remedy for and even if it does it's a small price to pay for a good quality device.

All in all I would have to say that the GLV2 is a fantastic unit and anyone who hasn't tried one yet definitely should. I will be sending my old unit in for the upgrade and repair soon and don't see where I'll have a reason to buy another unit in the near future once I have an everyday GLV and a GLV for a backup just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread