Glass tank like iClear 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping for around a month now, having purchased several different cartos/clearos before settling on the iClear 30 as my favorite. I feel that it's easy enough to work with, holds the right amount of juice, and produces the best vapor of anything I've tried. With that said, I've now cracked two of them with juices that were not indicated to crack tanks. Is there a similar tank with similar features that comes in glass? I have 3 Kanger ProTanks and although I like the durability and design, they are too airy for me and produce a different vape that I don't like as much. Thanks for your help!

chetMANLEY

Apr 9, 2013
OKC, OK, USA
I own both you mentioned but I prefer my ProTank to my iClear. I vape straight VG only on both. I haven't had any issues with cracked tanks on the iClear but I do use it at a lower voltage than the ProTank. These are used on a Tesla. I'm very much interested to see if there are glass tanks similar to the iClear. If I find one, I'll let you know.

Thanks guys. I would invest heavily if they made Pyrex iClear 30s. Related question: since only the plastic cracked, I have a ton of spare parts for them. Do you think it's possible to find a glass case with the same threads as the iClear 30 and just replace the shell? Does anyone know of anything compatible like this, or a place that would make them to order?

tppp

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
United Kingdom
allthejuices.com
Thanks guys. I would invest heavily if they made Pyrex iClear 30s. Related question: since only the plastic cracked, I have a ton of spare parts for them. Do you think it's possible to find a glass case with the same threads as the iClear 30 and just replace the shell? Does anyone know of anything compatible like this, or a place that would make them to order?

I'd be interested in this as well, I've not had a case crack yet but I've a big bottle of citrus on the way to me. Surely there's a glass tank that'd fit the i30 out there?

USMARINE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I love the iclear30. I have 6 of them and only one has cracked. If they made a pyrex tank for this it would be perfect! Even replacement tanks would be great if that were an option. The bottom cap and top cap with the integrated knucklehead are virtually indestructable and totally reusable. I would hate to see the rest of the parts unserviceable because a replacement tank was not available. I understand that they are available in different colors now.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Though will not fit an iClear or Kangar, yet the Smoktech Pyrex DCT @ $11.68 is good option.

Where: Vapor Joe

Was about to recommend the new Smoktech DCT also, we need a guinea pig anyway. This DCT Smoktech setup might be a great product, it looks to have potential.

If y'all hate your Protanks send'em my way....I collect'em and rebuild the heads for them.

Though will not fit an iClear or Kangar, yet the Smoktech Pyrex DCT @ $11.68 is good option.

Where: Vapor Joe

Just bought two of these. Will report back on how they are. Thanks!

On a side note, I think I might have figured out why I've cracked three ic30s with juices not reported to crack tanks. Is it possible that my wattage is too high? I had a custom wattage setting on my eVic, and although I haven't had any problems with other clearos, I think there might be a connection. Possible?

Stone19Delta

May 15, 2013
Christiansburg VA
just broke 2 iclear30's.. they are not citrus friendly! Did a little experiment poured a lime menthol blend from altsmoke into one and it spider webbed and cracked open in less than 30 seconds. I then tried a grapefruit lime twist from vapor renu and the same thing happened. i have one left that works flawlessly keeping citrus away from it! Kanger is the only tank ill put citrus into now!

Stone19Delta

May 15, 2013
Christiansburg VA

Stone19Delta

May 15, 2013
Christiansburg VA
The airy draw on a ProTank can be fixed easily and cheaply. Just replace the heads that come with it with EVOD heads. The posts are shorter, but they screw in perfectly. I use EVOD heads in my ProTanks exclusively. No more airy draws!

Great idea! ive been using sticky tack to block 2 of the 3 holes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread