GG4S (monkey style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
mrZoSo do you allow me to use the battery image for the GG-wiki page?
GG4S - GG Wiki
I want to create a Tips section and add your O-Ring solution.
Sure thing gekka! No need to ask my friend, all information here is public ;)

BTHUNDER said:
@mrZoSo ... which size of O-ring would you suggest ??? does anyone of you guys have a source of where to purchase spare O-rings ???
thats exactly how my orbtronic is Mr. I had the same issue. My thought is an o-ring that is 2mm in width but smaller in internal diameter than GG4S tube (GG4S tube is at 18,6mm, so we need an o-ring at 14mm internal hole and 2mm in width). That way it will have room to expand when battery is inside and battery will be able to push it more.
Here's the o-ring I ended up using ---> GG4S (monkey style) converted to mm = 19 x 15.87 x 1.58
I picked them up at the local Lowes(hardware store).
My old and new flat top Orbtronics work, my purple Efest flat tops work, and my Orbtronics button tops work, WITH the original center pin.
Here's an inch to mm conversion chart too, if you need it ---> inch/mm CONVERSION CHART

Last edited:

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
I too had the same issue a little while back. My older Orbtronics flat tops worked fine. I got a couple new ones and the GG4s would fire without pushing the button. Seems like Orbtronics has changed something with there production or cells they use. The negative side is now flush with the plastic sleeve and the outer corner is more rounded. See the picture here - GG4S (monkey style)

Fatter o-ring is the solution. I used these in my GG4S's and it works fine now with the new Orbtronics flat tops.
GG4S (monkey style)

Thanks MrZoSo, I have a bunch of assorted Danko o-rings but doesnt include the #40. On my next visit to HDepot I will get some of theses.

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Ok GG4S gurus, lately I have some issues with my 4S. The performance is poor and get really hot. I know it can be related to dirty contacts but everything is clean. I narrow down the issue with the SS button. No problem with the same setup before. What can be wrong with the button? I put the original brass button and no issues. Put back the SS button and the issue is back. My daily vape setup is two GG4S, one with brass button and the other SS button.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
@NandyDC do you have cleaned the button on the inside?
Nandy, first of all you need to check if the center post case is screwed well to the button. Please report back :)

Gekka, yes I had cleaned the button inside, goo gone, alcohol, clr, ultrasonic. I dont know what more to use.

Imeo, yes the center post case is screwed well to the button with a screwdriver.

Is strange, it was working for so long. I had checked everything including the batts. With the brass button works like a charm and is not cleaned ... the SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gekka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread