Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Sikas, The older cars using points type distributors had points to make a million contacts at very high volts from the coil. Maybe someone makes a coating of this contact material that could be brushed on to the GG switch and fix it for ever?

Xa xa vince, the same exactly thing I was thinking yesterday!!! The nice thing with the old cars was that the went to the store to clean the touches. Then the touches were new again. Very nice idea really but an extra cost and extra work for me........... I cant afford it. But we can do our work very easy with a little clean every week and it lasts about 10 sec:).

I was thinking too that 1 million contacts would be established for a smoker in about 2 years. But even then, someone who wants the best contact, he would clean it more often. So we can do that once a week and we are veeeeeery nice. I do it every day.

Vince, I really like your ideas and the more you say, the more I like you friend.:):)

Last edited:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Perhaps a small touch of dielectric contact compound (very cheap) like what they give you when you put a new headlight in your car to make the contact not fail? You get a little tube even when you buy small auto bulbs to ensure connection.
But this is sticky and might connect the two points always if to much was used.
Better to stay with your idea. A flexable ladies nail file would fix this with two or three hits. Just bend it to a curve shape then you will have a tool handy.

I like the thinking, like you, I am always thinking. Hahaha.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Perhaps a small touch of dielectric contact compound (very cheap) like what they give you when you put a new headlight in your car to make the contact not fail? You get a little tube even when you buy small auto bulbs to ensure connection.
But this is sticky and might connect the two points always if to much was used.
Better to stay with your idea. A flexable ladies nail file would fix this with two or three hits. Just bend it to a curve shape then you will have a tool handy.

I like the thinking, like you, I am always thinking. Hahaha.

I forgot that the ladies have a tool like this. Veeeeeeeeeery nice Vince, I love you man:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread