Getting Sick/Trying to quit Ciggerettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Way2Gone

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Indiana, USA
Should I be concerned about getting sick. I have experienced ( This might be because I just started vaping recently ) when I wake up the next day after vaping I feel kind of weird like I don't know how to explain it. Almost like a Nauseous feeling when I wake up. For example if I can compare it to something I would compare it to pneumonia. I have never had pneumonia but I would guess this is something like ( the feeling that is ) That I am feeling when I wake up. Its only for a very short period of time usually like 5 minutes maybe 10 minutes tops and I am completely fine. Does anybody suggest that it is because I am a new guy at vaping and plus I just quit ciggerettes so I dunno? I need some help on this one I am scared to wake up the next day but I love to vape. I am just scared I am going to wake up the next day and feel like I am going to die. This frightens me. Like I said it is a very weird type of feeling that I have never experienced. :blink:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
im not a doctor. when most people switch to vaping they experience the same side effects of quitting smoking. you put 4000 + chemicals into your body for years and years and your body adjusted to having them (burning analogs). also you might start coughing up phlegm .. thats also a side effect of quitting smoking. and frankly its a good sign, it means your body is starting to recover. now if you start coughing up blood i would say to see a doctor as soon as you can.

Not sure, but it could be a slight PG allergy. Maybe you should try some 100% VG juice to see if that feeling goes away. There are several companies that focus on 100% VG.

Here are a few of them that I order from...
- Alien Visions eJuice (avejuice.com)
- Virgin Vapor (virginvapor.com)
- Velvet Cloud Vapor (velvetcloudvapor.com)

Good luck to you, don't give up yet.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi, and welcome to ECF. How long have you been vaping? What equipment are you using. I think it may be related to the vg level in your juice or maybe the nic level. Tell us what juices you are vaping and the nic and vg levels. Let's see if we can help you out here.

I know if I vape high vg juices all day I will feel a heaviness type of feeling in in my chest. I normally do not vape 100%vg, it does make my chest feel heavy. But if I chain vape even 50/50 I can get that by the end of the day or next morning. Are you an older person or a young un. Do you have any asthma or bronchitis type history? Some people also have a sensitivity to pg also. This is usually a process of elimination.

I am not in the medical field so if it persists you should talk to your doctor.

Last edited:

Way2Gone

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am smoking 12-18 mg's at most. Right now I have some juiced mixed. Blueberry 18mg, Apple 18mg, Blueberry Pomegranite 0mg and Hypnosis 12 mg. I have these four mixed together. I got all of my juices from www.overstockecigsandmore.com. There juices are very high, and I have heard that it is some of the best juice you can buy. Supposeable they guy that worked there said its very good juiced. On the website if you click on one of there juices it says they are 100 USA made FDA approved. So basically I am taking from it that these are very good juices. As far as a rig I have the battery is this link:Torpedo V2 Variable Voltage E-Cig Kit - Intermediate Kits - Kits
I do not have the tank on that battery though this is my tank:kangertech t3s - Bing Images

I run it at about 4 volts at a medium ( I do go up and down though ) and watts I run at 6.0 - 8.0. I am only 23 years old.

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi again, James. I need to know what the ohms are on the heads in your t3s. Mixing up those juices may be fooling with the flavor thing. I do know one thing. You do not need to spend a lot of money on the simple flavors you listed. I am going to give you some links to a thread of the top 5 vendors for ejuice. Mt. Baker Vapor and ECblends and High Desert Vapes make a good quality juice (not high end, just good) quite inexpensive and you can try lots of different flavors and nic strengths and get sample bottles. I keep thinking it has something to do with cleaning the topper and changing the heads. You can run them under hot running water and soak in vodka for a while then rinse and let completely dry before reusing.

Look at the Blog Entries: 2 under the avatar under my name. I did a blog entry that has a bunch of links to threads that may help you out with a few things.

Hang on a while longer. Later in the morning there will be more people here that will post and be able to probably give you better ideas than I have been able. You will get this sorted out. There is a learning curve to starting vaping. You are smack in the middle of it right now. Once you have the balance of how to work your equipment and the right juices and finding the sweet spot on them you will love vaping. I would try some juice samples from a few other vendors. I have a couple of vendors that their juice does not agree with me; something about the base they use tastes off to me. Other people love them, so it is my tastebuds. Your tastebuds will heal and change over time too.

MikeZ28

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Central NY
On the website if you click on one of there juices it says they are 100 USA made FDA approved. So basically I am taking from it that these are very good juices.

As far as I know, nothing about e-juices has been FDA approved. This would make me question the claims of that website and avoid it. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Many sellers use the same wording about their e-juices. Searching will bring up countless sellers who cite this:

"The FDA tested 22 samples of E Liquids from several of the top selling E Cigarette/Liquid retailers imported from China and found 3 samples heavily tainted with several carcinogens. These carcinogens included Diethyln Glycol and Lead, among other deadly dangerous chemicals."

Then to counter that statement the sellers indicate they use "products" from the USA and they are:

"...made with 100% Kosher grade, FDA-approved food products." I can buy these at my local pharmacy (for a small fortune) OR here from ECF Vendors who are highly recommended. It's all a play on words IMHO. I don't believe any of our reputable ECF sellers want to make anyone sick by using bad ingredients. These "... approved products..." are typically "Pharmaceutical Grade" .... the "VG" etc etc.

As to the OP ...... if you feel anything serious enough to cause you concern a "doctor" might be the one to ask. The forum members are very experienced and most likely have seen this before and will be a great help; however, IF you are having an unusual issue with the ingredients in the "juice" waiting could be a detriment. It may be nothing more than an "allergy" or it may be serious.

I experienced NAUSEA when I first tried DEKANG E-JUICE (I do not know if it was the "old" or "new" formula. Just a thought - as it is possible 'Overstock' has a similar formula. I have two 'Overstock' locations here in Rio Rancho, New Mexico and they do come fairly well recommended by several friends who like their 'juice'. I have yet to try it, so cannot speak from personal experience about the 'nausea'.

SO .... the short version: I would keep a doctor at the top of my list in the event the 'nausea' persists OR ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS APPEAR.

CHEST PAINS, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, GREEN, YELLOW, BLOOD TINGED SPUTUM PRODUCTION ans the like need to be addressed by a medical professional. I would NOT, however, let the doctor convince me that "VAPING IN GENERAL" is bad. Mine tried - yet she could not tell me how it could be worse than SMOKING REAL CIGARETTES! I sucked on those for 51 years and I don't feel ANYTHING with e-cigs that I felt when inhaling a real cigarette with all it's chemicals - both from the production process and combustion.

ADDENDUM: I BELIEVE 'OVERSTOCK' GETS THEIR 'JUICE' FROM "TKO" http://tkovapor.com/ since they both display the product in the same manner, have the same prices and do not say how large a bottle one gets for $13.95. It appears to be a 10ml bottle ..... "TKO" gives a "Free Bottle" if you buy THREE and 'OVERSTOCK' a "Free Bottle" if you buy FOUR. I doubt the offering by 'OVERSTOCK' is proprietary formula concocted in-house.
From Senility Central .... Don

As far as I know, nothing about e-juices has been FDA approved. This would make me question the claims of that website and avoid it. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

Not saying you're wrong, but the ingredients themselves are approved for human consumption, it's just the way that we use them hasn't gotten the official green light. I've seen a lot of vendors say that on their website and I'm okay with that.

Way2Gone

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Indiana, USA
Not saying you're wrong, but the ingredients themselves are approved for human consumption, it's just the way that we use them hasn't gotten the official green light. I've seen a lot of vendors say that on their website and I'm okay with that.

Yeah I believe you are correct about this. That pretty much what I meant anyways ( the ingredients being fda approved ) Not E-liquid in general. I just worded it wrong. But yeah.

Bobster

Nov 13, 2013
Tipperary, Ireland
Hi James, I've been off cigs, and vaping, for over 6 months now. It's only been in the last month or so that I've started to feel better. To be fair though I've been smoking longer than you've been alive. I did mention it to a doctor casually (I know him personally) about my chest not clearing much, but he reckoned I had mild bronchitis. But I have improved steadily for the last month. Personally, being a slight hypochondriac, I would ask a doctor just to set my mind at ease.

ahall13

Jul 22, 2013
mi
I felt pretty crappy for awhile when I switched. Probably a combination of vaping adjustment and getting rid of analogs. I went with a cheap cheap cheap 70/30 juice and my throat was in bad shape. Because of that I didn't vapea lot and suffered some nic withdrawal symptoms. Once some time passed and I tried a mid range priced 50/50 juice things are great. Still learning though and have hit a few liquid and hardware snags. I think it is a never ending learning experience

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
They all say they are "approved for human consumption", but via INHALATION in a e-cig? It's a stretch - but I sure feel BETTER now that I no longer inhale all the garbage in REAL SMOKES! I'll take my chances with e-cigs over the real deal. One way or another I know I'll die! BETTER to die WITHOUT contributing to the tobacco companies who BUY OFF OUR POLITICAL PROSTITUTES all across the nation!

CIGARETTES = BAD ......... so we TAX THE HECK OUT OF THEM!
E-CIGS = UNKNOWN IF BAD ....... BUT POLITICIANS WANT TO TAX THEM TOO!

It is ALL about MONEY! POCKETS gets lined and the POLITICIANS keep the TOBACCO and DRUG COMPANIES contributing to campaigns!

They PROHIBITED BOOZE ..... that "failed" because they saw they could TAX BOOZE!

Now? They will do the same thing to E-CIGS and tell us it is, "for the CHILDREN"! Hogwash! It IS for the TAX MONEY and NOTHING ELSE!

VOTE PEOPLE - VOTE! If a politician in YOUR AREA supports the BANS on E-CIGS ....... VOTE THEM OUT!

I am SO sick of politicians TELLING ME what is GOOD FOR ME and then TAXING MY PANTS OFF so I may partake! They are liars! They lie and do not care if we dislike their lies! They get RICH from DRUG and TOBACCO ......... now they want to GET RICHER from PROFITS generated by "E-CIGS" being "REGULATED"! More hogwash!

The Patriot Act . Obamacare. All their garbage programs - ALL designed to rape and pillage FREE PEOPLE! I hate these people and believe they have a special place waiting in hell!

OLD PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF CAN BECOME IRATE! They have NOT taken THAT RIGHT AWAY --- BUT THEY WILL TRY I AM SURE!

From Senility Central ..... Don

There's a list a mile long of symptoms somewhere on this forum talking about quitting smoking and all the stuff you're gonna possibly go thru but my newbie self can't figure out how to post the link in a post lol!

Sounds like its probably just your body de-toxing itself and it can get perdy bad before it gets better. I smoked analogs (and I love calling cigs this for some reason since I started vaping lol!) for almost 20yrs and quit without any slowdown period and went to vaping. Got the wife an ego twist setup for her birthday and got myself a mod and we quit together. Well, about a week and a half into it I ended up getting perdy sick from all the withdrawals of smoking, and not gradually slowing down on the cigs but just stopping all @ once. I was worried that maybe it was the vaping but the Dr said no...its just all the withdrawals and detoxing. He actually liked that I was vaping instead of smoking analogs Gave me some meds to help the symptoms and little by little I'm feeling better. Its just gonna take time to reverse the 20yrs of abuse I've done to myself. If you think there's some kinda reaction or anything going on go see a Dr asap. Could be some other under lying condition popping up. Just my $.02

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
James,
High prices does not always equal quility ejuice. If Overstock is part of the TKO chain or buying their juice from TKO then it's mostly 60PG/40VG mix. Regretefully we have one of their kiosk in our local mall. Overpriced juice and trying to sell clone equipment as "eclusively" made for them. Check our the forum supplier section here for some very good vendor. Above all if you have health questions go see a doctor.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
Im picky about my joose vendors, Ive gotten stuff from:

Nicoticket
Ahlusion.us
Alice in Vapeland

and Ive had no issues at all with any of 'em. These folks - out of hundreds of vendors you can dig up just here - seem to take making e-juice quite seriously.

I just ordered again from two out of those three, too. Im getting vapemail when ..well, when it comes. No llamas tho. Not yet.

What is sad is that some companies can easily buy the crap to make juice and just dump it all together and claim *anything*.

This juice grows hair back! This other juice makes you taller! *This* juice has vitamins and 7 herbs and spices and makes it so you wont poop but once a month, and when you do its RAINBOWS!

Folks seeking to cash in on vaping - and the money to be made from allowing smokers to quit because of it - will completely ruin the PV market and the public perception of it.

IMO there needs to be some independent testing and verification of whats in a companies juice, because if there are any contaminants then that can possibly have a small (or large) health impact on not just one user, but anyone who comes in contact with that stuff....its bad. And if you feel like crap after vaping something, then your body is telling you to stop doing it.

Is vaping healthy? Meh...overall no. You are putting 'stuff' in you that you basically dont need.

....But its not smoking, and smoke has so many poisons in it...including Polonium-210 which decays into other radioactive crap....its MUCH safer.

SO...OP....be especially picky about where you get juice from and stop using that stuff you are using at the moment. I cant think that if you feel like crap after an evening of vaping it, that it can be good for you.

And no, im not a Doctor, but a friend of mine is - and I know what she would say - if you are doing something and you feel like crap after doing it...then dont do it.

And to anyone new reading this: if someone is selling you juice and claims its really great...run like hell in the other direction. Folks here can tell you if you have a good vendor for juice or not...usually. You are safer consulting the herd of vapers here at ECF. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread