Getting replacements... USPS fails?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
I've been waiting for a usb-passthru replacement for 10 days now from Puresmoker. I was told it was sent first class mail Monday 2/2/2009.

I live on the other side off the US, in NYC but USPS can't be that slow can it? Anyone have a similar experience?

The thing I hate about USPS first class mail is that they just leave stuff on my steps if it doesn't fit in the mailbox. That is not a good idea in the city. I've come home from work and seen packages on my steps. Probably left there all day. But this replacement is being sent to me at work.

USPS fails... I'm sure they lost my package. Even if they didn't lose it and I receive my package today... they still fail. 10 days for a delivery? Maybe 10 years ago, when mail order always took 2-4 weeks.
I'm f#@$in dying over here.

Lesson learned. Stock up on backups. I don't think I could ever buy ecigs with long warranties. I wouldn't be able to handle the 1+ week downtime.
buy cheap, stock up and replenish when low.

It'd be nice to see more suppliers with Fedex or UPS shipping options.

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Yeah, that does not sound right. I placed an order with puresmoker, it was shipped on 2/5 and I had it by 2/7. I am in NJ, about 60 miles from NYC.

The replacement was sent first class mail. Their orders are sent priority. I ordered something from them last Friday. Was sent 2/9 and received 2/11.

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
Not to long ago someone posted something about not getting their order.

If I remember correctly they lived in an apartment building and had been waiting 2 weeks. It turned out that packages that didn't fit into their mailboxes were kept in a seperate room where the tenant could pick it up.
He never knew about the room. :shock:

Anyway, If I may make a suggestion. If you're awaiting a package and know you'll be away most of the day leave a note where your postal person can see to leave it with a trusted neighbor.

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Not to long ago someone posted something about not getting their order.

If I remember correctly they lived in an apartment building and had been waiting 2 weeks. It turned out that packages that didn't fit into their mailboxes were kept in a seperate room where the tenant could pick it up.
He never knew about the room. :shock:

Anyway, If I may make a suggestion. If you're awaiting a package and know you'll be away most of the day leave a note where your postal person can see to leave it with a trusted neighbor.

I have all my packages sent to work now. Open 7 days! but thx for the feedback.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
I once sent a bubble mailer via priority mail from oklahoma to south carolina that took 2 weeks to get there. :( When it finally appeared on their pseudo-tracking system, it was wandering around florida.

The postal service is great when it works, but when it fails, it fails big time. The worst, though, was when the fedex driver lost some of my outgoing parcels while going down the road. The driver failed to close the back of the truck properly at some point and lost some stuff between here and the next township.

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Hey all the USPS can be slow, I worked for them. As far as tracking #s in the USPS there is no such thing. All they have is Delivery Confimation and thats all it is. It confirms that is has been delivered, and there is no way to see where it is. First class or parcel post can take up to 10 days easy.
Just FYI

Can you PM Steve for the tracking number then at least check to see where it might be? He's really good about that. If so though, I would do this quickly before his new stock comes in and he gets bombarded. (And I would PM him, not email.)

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hey all the USPS can be slow, I worked for them. As far as tracking #s in the USPS there is no such thing. All they have is Delivery Confimation and thats all it is. It confirms that is has been delivered, and there is no way to see where it is. First class or parcel post can take up to 10 days easy.
Just FYI

Oh, for first class mail....no tracking number? Yeh, seems I do recall that now. Well, guess that's not an option...lol

Lu

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
USPS has no tracking at all on anything.. Its just delivery confirmation. It will show when it was shipped and where from and it will show when and where is was delivered. Nothing in between
Unless they changed things since Jan 1st
Oh, for first class mail....no tracking number? Yeh, seems I do recall that now. Well, guess that's not an option...lol

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I still get them.....but usually just before they deliver. For example....One shipped out from Cali the other day....didn't see anything on it until it was in Rochester (not where I live but about 60 miles away)....next day it was delivered to me. I just got another one on something I ordered from China....it says "Processed, February 11, 2009, 9:58 am, JAMAICA, NY 11405"

I most likely will get that today or tomorrow. So they still do track, to some extent anyway.

Lu

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
I always picture some overweight delivery guy, lounging around his roach infested apartment, plopped down in front of his T.V. in a torn, duct taped bean bag chair, enjoying whatever item I ordered, while huge piles of mail and packages lay in the background. Doesn't help btw.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing...

Can you PM Steve for the tracking number then at least check to see where it might be? He's really good about that. If so though, I would do this quickly before his new stock comes in and he gets bombarded. (And I would PM him, not email.)

Lu

I've been emailing them and getting same day responses... telling me to give it more time. Don't think I'll get a different answer through PM.
I'm gonna give it another day.

Hopefully some luck today as I haven't received my mail for the day.

The strange thing about shipping, is that I've noticed it sometimes takes longer to receive a package from a closer destination. I've had items shipped from PA and take 5 days but only taking 2 days for something in CA. Im assuming this is because the stuff coming from CA is by air.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I've been emailing them and getting same day responses... telling me to give it more time. Don't think I'll get a different answer through PM.
I'm gonna give it another day.

Hopefully some luck today as I haven't received my mail for the day.

Well I think it will have a tracking # if sent priority, but not first class. If first class, then you might just have to wait. Bummer!

Mine from him have always been orders shipped priority so I was always able to track them if they seemed late. Fingers crossed for you! :p

Lu

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Usps, delivered my e-cigs to the wrong address 2 weeks ago, then they delivered my freaking xbox to the wrong address 3 days ago (luckily it was a preist who received it twice!) the numbers weren't right let alone the street!). I sent out items via usps, recipent said she never received them thru a dispute got her money back. Luckily i insured it, but haven't seen or heard anything as of yet, oh yea that was in December... for the prices we pay for shipping, some suppliers should stop worrying about skimming a few bucks off of shipping and give us Ups or fed-ex

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Usps, delivered my e-cigs to the wrong address 2 weeks ago, then they delivered my freaking xbox to the wrong address 3 days ago (luckily it was a preist who received it twice!) the numbers weren't right let alone the street!). I sent out items via usps, recipent said she never received them thru a dispute got her money back. Luckily i insured it, but haven't seen or heard anything as of yet, oh yea that was in December... for the prices we pay for shipping, some suppliers should stop worrying about skimming a few bucks off of shipping and give us Ups or fed-ex

Wow looks like my shipping problems are nothing compared to yours.

I've noticed that I usually lose or get someones lost mail when the regular mailman is off. The person subbing for them is probably not familiar with the route.

Theres also a difference in service. My regular mailman will come into the office and place the mail on my desk. The subs literally open the door and toss the mail onto the counter. They don't sort them either... I'll get the store next doors mail too. I end up doing their job for them.

Fedex or UPS is the way to go!

I've been waiting for a usb-passthru replacement for 10 days now from Puresmoker. I was told it was sent first class mail Monday 2/2/2009.

I live on the other side off the US, in NYC but USPS can't be that slow can it? Anyone have a similar experience?

The thing I hate about USPS first class mail is that they just leave stuff on my steps if it doesn't fit in the mailbox. That is not a good idea in the city. I've come home from work and seen packages on my steps. Probably left there all day. But this replacement is being sent to me at work.

USPS fails... I'm sure they lost my package. Even if they didn't lose it and I receive my package today... they still fail. 10 days for a delivery? Maybe 10 years ago, when mail order always took 2-4 weeks.
I'm f#@$in dying over here.

Lesson learned. Stock up on backups. I don't think I could ever buy ecigs with long warranties. I wouldn't be able to handle the 1+ week downtime.
Buy cheap, stock up and replenish when low.

It'd be nice to see more suppliers with Fedex or UPS shipping options.

I always order from puresmoker and they send USPS priority mail. I live in NY and it has never taken more than 3 days to get a package. They def lost it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread