Getting My Grape Just Right... Recipe help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Okay grape is one of my favorites, so I've been trying to nail down the perfect recipe. I think I might be having a case of over-flavoring? Not entirely sure.

1st go- The grape was okay, but the DIYflavorshack grape taste i felt was coming on too strong. Its good, but reminiscent of grape benedryl. Love the taste of that but not for vaping. TPA/TFA perfumer's grape is awesome but it wasn't quite strong enough for me yet. The taste was great just wanted it stronger. I love a "Ka-pow" in your face flavor. So here's the way I made this one----

DIYshackgrape- 10%
TPA grape- 10%
DIYshack grapple-5%
Sour Flavor- 3%

2nd go- I wanted more of a pucker sour effect, more of the TPA grape. The grapple gave it a nice feel. The 1st round I felt like it needed a touch of DIYshack grape just not as much as the 1st go. Added maybe 4% after I mixed it. However, the bigger deal here is that my TPA grape its there but not at all in my face after upping the flavor percentage which brings me to maybe I over-did it? Not sure... But, here's my notes on round two.

TPA grape- 15%
DIYshack grapple- 8%
Sour flavor- 5%

DIYshack grape-- About 3-4%(? not positive how much)

The DIY shack defiantly helped the liquid have more "body" but the TPA flavor is still lacking. I KNOW this is the flavor a vendor of mine uses so I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing wrong. Maybe they used an additive of some sort for more pop? Maybe they used more flavor?? I was surprised just how much flavor I ended up using to make 15ml. Its vape-able, I'll end up using it, I just want it to become bolder.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Just might need a little time also. Lots of flavorings need a little time to develop. If you are trying this stuff right after it's mixed, you might wait a few days before making a decision on the outcome. Some flavors can take a few weeks to fully develop, I haven't mixed alot of grape but FA's white grape takes about a week. One trick that alot of folks are doing is a hot water bath for 10 to 15 minutes, it seems to speed the process up a bit.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you want the grape to pop, add some TPA Strawberry to the TPA Grape..

I find this to be True with most Fruit Flavors.

Most DIY taste better when a Second or Third Flavor is Added to the Base Flavor. Things like a Drop or Two of Cherry in Watermelon. Or a Drop of Pineapple in Cherry.

Your just going to have to do some Experimenting to find the Flavor Blend your looking for.

BTW - You Total Flavoring Percentage sounds Very High. How long are you letting your Mixes sit before trying them?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I find this to be True with most Fruit Flavors.

Most DIY taste better when a Second or Third Flavor is Added to the Base Flavor. Things like a Drop or Two of Cherry in Watermelon. Or a Drop of Pineapple in Cherry.

Your just going to have to do some Experimenting to find the Flavor Blend your looking for.

BTW - You Total Flavoring Percentage sounds Very High. How long are you letting your Mixes sit before trying them?[/QUOTE Ahh yes my flavor percentages were high at the time, thats because I was using a cheap nic. base.. Now I pretty much cut it in half..Take a look at my Chiquita Banana Cookies recipe.. It's much lower now..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread