genie pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NutttSo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
if the FDA wants to know the effects the e-cig has had on it's users. why can't they use us as the guinea pigs , instead of starting from scratch, which might take years to compile, there are lots starting to vap everyday there is the lots that have vaped for months, I know this has not been controlled but a person using the E-cig is not controlled and it will show the real effects on a user, I know almost everyone here would be willing to volunteer for such study I know I would.

Last edited:

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
When_Pigs_Fly_Piggy-bank.jpg

I think you mean guinea pigs :D

And why not? Well, because they have to take a strong stance if they are going to get funding for research that will never be completed, to make it look like they are doing their new job as the tobacco overlords.

Ever worked with the government before? Many people have to "pretend" to be doing work. It isn't because they aren't needed, its just that at that moment, they aren't as busy. And if they aren't as busy, they get cut in the name of cost reductions. And when they are needed, only a short time later? Someone still working there has to pick it up, because they tend not to grow departments like they should.

But, thats just my perspective from working with a number of government divisions of projects.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The problem is 99% of the people vaping wouldn't have the necessary data taken and recorded for the "before" part of the research.

The "necesary data" would be whatever health problems your doctor has been on your case about for all these years. It would not have to be recorded immediately before you started vaping. It might be even more powerful if you lung function was X two years ago and today it is improved. Typically many health problems just get worse over time, and only get better if a) you're on medication that works for you b) you lose a lot of weight and start exercising, or c) you stop smoking.

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
When_Pigs_Fly_Piggy-bank.jpg

I think you mean guinea pigs :D

And why not? Well, because they have to take a strong stance if they are going to get funding for research that will never be completed, to make it look like they are doing their new job as the tobacco overlords.

Ever worked with the government before? Many people have to "pretend" to be doing work. It isn't because they aren't needed, its just that at that moment, they aren't as busy. And if they aren't as busy, they get cut in the name of cost reductions. And when they are needed, only a short time later? Someone still working there has to pick it up, because they tend not to grow departments like they should.

But, thats just my perspective from working with a number of government divisions of projects.

Love the picture! I submit that naysayers believe the image above is what's filling our carts thru it's posterior...or the winged bank is representative of profits flying away for cessation aids! :D

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
Guinea pigs are highly suseptible to cancer anyway, they have their guinea pigs right here in this forum. Im sure most of us would love to go basically do a complete basically "Physical exam" and get paid for it.

Newbies would be a good resource, nab em their first week of e cig use, and record the diferrences.

Easy couple hundred bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread