Geekvape B100 (Aegis Boost Pro 21700): Boost Pro for pro experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Is this the same tank/pod as the current Boost pro or are they different ? I realize it’s the same P coil just not sure on the tank compatibility.
    I only own the Boost Pro, so my verification on this is only as strong as what I've read online - but there appears to be a consensus of information. The Boost Max can use both the Boost Plus and Boost Pro Pod Tanks on it however, the coil you use has to be the proper one for whatever Pod you choose to use (For Plus - G-series coils, For Pro - P-series coils). The form factor between the Plus and Pro attachment is identical meaning, the RDTA is cross-compatible with both the Plus and the Boost Pro, as well as the 510 Adapter. Both of these accessories and both of the pods themselves (with their respective coils) should all be compatible with the Max.

Is this clear, or have I confused you more, lol.

Last edited:

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2012
    Bracebridge Ont Canada
    Z-Lee yeah you’ve confused me a little ;) Haven’t used the G coils in anything the pro is my go to daily driver but it sounds like everything is compatible to the B100 which is great. After years of trying a ton of different things have finally minimized to the Aegis line. Have been very happy with the Pro and also the Z sub ohm tank. It’s nice only having to stock up on P & Z coils have never been a huge fan of all the rebuilding etc. I find drop in coils so much easier probably the main reason I have been on and off vaping since the beginning and am now finally happy.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Okay, to clarify, haha.

If you were to own a GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus Pod Kit (which you said you don't), the pod tank attachment (just the tank itself) will fit onto the Boost Max. The only compatible coils that properly fit inside that Boost Plus pod tank, are the G-series GeekVape coils. P-series are not compatible with the Boost Plus pod tank, and also the B-series.

If you own a GeekVape Aegis Boost Pro Pod Kit (which you've said you do), the pod tank attachment (just the tank itself) will also fit onto the Boost Max. However, the only compatible coils that properly fit inside the Boost Pro pod tank, are the P-series GeekVape coils. The G-series (meant for the Plus), and B-series (meant for the original Boost), are not compatible with the Boost Pro pod tank.

Reason being, the P-series, G-series, and B-series pod coils are all different in dimensions, making them not cross-compatible with other GeekVape pod tanks.

So, while you can fasten/snap down both the Boost Plus and Boost Pro pods securely onto the Boost Max, neither of those pod tanks will work correctly, unless you have the correct coil that goes with each of those pod tanks.

That make more sense?

And yes, you've made a good choice if you're looking to kill as many birds as you can with one or two stones. I also love the Boost Pro. GeekVape did a pretty good job in sticking to only a few coils that all work very well. If you haven't gotten the chance to use their new P Sub Ohm Tank (which also uses the Z-series coil), I'd highly suggest it. It's on sale almost everywhere. It's their best tank in terms of flavor, and so very quiet while vaping. It's mid-airflow so just like the 2021 Z and Zeus tanks, there's no leaking. I realize the tribal look isn't for everyone, but for me, the performance makes up for it in every way it can.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Okay, to clarify, haha.

If you were to own a GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus Pod Kit (which you said you don't), the pod tank attachment (just the tank itself) will fit onto the Boost Max. The only compatible coils that properly fit inside that Boost Plus pod tank, are the G-series GeekVape coils. P-series are not compatible with the Boost Plus pod tank, and also the B-series.

If you own a GeekVape Aegis Boost Pro Pod Kit (which you've said you do), the pod tank attachment (just the tank itself) will also fit onto the Boost Max. However, the only compatible coils that properly fit inside the Boost Pro pod tank, are the P-series GeekVape coils. The G-series (meant for the Plus), and B-series (meant for the original Boost), are not compatible with the Boost Pro pod tank.

Reason being, the P-series, G-series, and B-series pod coils are all different in dimensions, making them not cross-compatible with other GeekVape pod tanks.

So, while you can fasten/snap down both the Boost Plus and Boost Pro pods securely onto the Boost Max, neither of those pod tanks will work correctly, unless you have the correct coil that goes with each of those pod tanks.

That make more sense?

And yes, you've made a good choice if you're looking to kill as many birds as you can with one or two stones. I also love the Boost Pro. GeekVape did a pretty good job in sticking to only a few coils that all work very well. If you haven't gotten the chance to use their new P Sub Ohm Tank (which also uses the Z-series coil), I'd highly suggest it. It's on sale almost everywhere. It's their best tank in terms of flavor, and so very quiet while vaping. It's mid-airflow so just like the 2021 Z and Zeus tanks, there's no leaking. I realize the tribal look isn't for everyone, but for me, the performance makes up for it in every way it can.

You're right about the P Tank. What a great tank! I really love it and the coils were lasting a very long time with the one shot mix I was using in it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The review sample kit I got from Geekvape with the Boost Pro had both pods and the rdta with it. I'm going to have to go check the website to see what the main differences are between the B100 and the one I reviewed.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    The review sample kit I got from Geekvape with the Boost Pro had both pods and the rdta with it. I'm going to have to go check the website to see what the main differences are between the B100 and the one I reviewed.
    The battery is about it. The Boost Pro can only use an 18650, the Max - 217. I've been eyeing this thing up for some time being that the Boost Pro is one of my favorite pod kits with an RBA adapter.

Reactions: hittman

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Yeah I went ahead and ordered a couple of the P tanks yesterday looking forward to trying them. Figured I only have a couple of the sub ohm tanks so needed some backups right ;)
    Don't get me wrong, the 2021 Z and Zeus are good tanks, but they'll have to step aside for the P. GeekVape Z-series coils to me, are second only to Freemax 904L's. Uwell's HN series is also up there for flavor banging and coil lifespan. I have a big ole spreadsheet of coil ratings I made if you're interested in seeing it, lol.

The GeekVape Obelisk (Z-series coils) is also a good tank in regards to vaping, but it leaks pretty badly after sitting. Would not recommend.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The battery is about it. The Boost Pro can only use an 18650, the Max - 217. I've been eyeing this thing up for some time being that the Boost Pro is one of my favorite pod kits with an RBA adapter.

That's kind of what I figured and maybe that's why they didn't send the B100 for review. At least not to anyone I know of on ECF.

• Agree
    Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    That's kind of what I figured and maybe that's why they didn't send the B100 for review. At least not to anyone I know of on ECF.
    Yeah, it's likely the exact same chip, just a different chassis. Even the Wattage remained the same, which hasn't been the case recently with most 18650/217 compatible mods. Makes me think they likely had this idea in the mix when they released the Boost Pro originally. Easy upgrade.

• Agree
    Reactions: hittman

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Finally received the B100 everything is compatible with the original Pro. Basically the exact same mod as the pro just larger very close size wise to the Aegis Max.
    I have 2 scheduled to arrive on Friday. Super excited to check them out. Gonna have to dig out all of the Pro stuff I have. I thought the RDTA was stellar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread