Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for todays review of the Aegis Legend 2 Kit that was provided to me from Geekvape for the purpose of this review. In the kit is the new redesigned Aegis Legend device and the new 2021 Z sub ohm tank that sports a new logo also. Owners of the original Legend device are going to be surprised because as the original Legend was encased with silicone rubber which added a lot of girth to the device this new redesigned Legend has very little on it making it a much slimmer and lighter device. I'll cover all the new changes to the new Legend and cover the new 2021 Z sub ohm tank as well later in the review but first here's some key points of the new Aegis Legend Kit.

COLORS

GeekvapeAegisLegend2Kit20210429_1_2048x.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Package.jpg

MEASUREMENTS

12_404ab9.jpg

NEW DESIGN

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Material.jpg

SMALLER AND LIGHTER

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Smaller.jpg

PARAMETERS

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Specification.jpg

TYPE-C CHARGE PORT

GeekvapeAegisLegend2Kit20210429_4.jpg

IP 68 RATED

GeekvapeAegisLegend2Kit20210429_1.jpg

NEW UI WITH FULL DISPLAY SCREEN

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_1.08_inch_screen.jpg

IMPROVEMENTS

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Introduction.jpg

STILL TOUGH IN EXTREME COLD OR HEAT

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Wide_Working_Temperature_Range.jpg

NEW LOCKING SYSTEM ( A-LOCK )

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Lock_Design.jpg

DUAL 18650 BATTERIES

9739846-2.jpg

NEW Z 2021 SUBOHM TANK

GeekVape_Aegis_Legend_2_Kit_Tank.jpg

GeekvapeAegisLegend2kit-_15.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Geekvape sent the Aegis Legend 2 Kit in a beautifully packaged box containing a message as well as the accessories consisting of a 0.25Ω dual mesh coil, coil removal assist tool, straight glass, spare o rings, user manual and type-c charge cord. The 0.2Ω mesh coil is pre installed in the tank.

20210510_142614.jpg

20210510_161803.jpg

I have say that I new some changes were going to be made on the new Legend but I didn't see the removal of most of the silicone rubber coming. I was awe stuck on how beautiful the new look is and surprised how much lighter and a bit smaller it is compared to the original legend.

I was sent the Space Grey color and couldn't be more pleased with it, on the skeleton are fine brush strokes that really give it a very upscaled look. The spine has a soft spongy leather with 3 rows of horizontal stiches at the top with fine color matching vertical stiches on both sides that run from top to bottom.

The original Legend was encased in silicone rubber which made it super tough but also added girth to the device. As you can see that is all gone except for the battery door and top. The type-c charge port plug is silicone rubber, under the 510 top plate is more silicone rubber. this is 1 of only 2 spots on the device using silicone rubber.

I immediately put the new Z tank on to check for a match and found it matches very well. The new redesign still has that Aegis Legend look all the way, don't you agree.

20210505_143927.jpg

I couldn't wait to get the device and tank up and running so I removed the pre installed coil using the coil removal assist tool included in the kit before washing the tank which I do on all brand new atomizers regardless if they appear clean. I never had to use the tool before on any tanks but did on this one and it works very well, here's a picture from Geekvape showing how to use it.

9739846-5.jpg

After breaking the tank down and washing the tank in a strainer as I always do in case something should come off and letting it dry I laid the tank parts down in order from left to right ( TOP TO BOTTOM ). I like the new logo of the hand grasping a lightning bolt. As you can see the new 2021 Z tank is top airflow that channels the air down to the bottom then back up through the coil. The top cap comes off with a half turn with knurling to help grasp it and sometimes the airflow selection ring comes off with it when removing the top cap. The juice fill ports have been enlarged as well as the airflow slots from the original Zeus tank. Remember when reinstalling or putting in a new coil to make sure the little tabs on the coil fit into the cutouts of the tank.

Using both coils I found no turbulence or funny sounds or whistle in either one, the pre installed single 0.2Ω mesh coil gave me a nice RDL vape with above average flavor and didn't seem to really plow through juice that much.

I switched over to the 0.25Ω dual mesh coil after vaping a few tanks and found the dual to be a more RDL vape with a little bit better flavor as well as warmth. I like a warm vape and the dual seemed to fit my preference better.

20210511_142200.jpg

Working our way down from the tank we come to the Legend 2 device, as I said earlier almost all the silicone rubber is gone from the redesigned Legend but there are two places where it remains on the device. Because of the slight beveled edge at the top of the device a 26mm atomizer would be the largest you could use, 25 mm would look the best just resting on the edge of the silicone rubber under the top plate.

The top of the device has a piece that sits under the top plate and runs from end to end on top. Above the fire button barely visible on the silicone rubber is a lightning bolt image, under the silicone rubber that has the image on it is the type-c port.

Looking at it the look is so seamless but if you raise your thumb up from the fire button you will feel the flap, the cover even has a plug that fits into the charge port. It blends in with the device so well that if you didn't know it was there you would probably miss it.

20210513_143832.jpg

Coming down to the bottom up the device we have the battery door that has the only other silicone rubber material throughout the entire door plate. Pulling back on the opening away from the leather spine will open the door. The battery door is solid with no play or movement side to side and has a very strong spring.

20210513_134646.jpg

Proper battery polarity is marked on the door plate inside as well as inside the battery tubes themselves with a positive red + symbol and a green - symbol in each respective battery tube.

20210508_105627.jpg

Now looking at the appearance of the device you have to admit the change from the original is very big with the addition of a switch on one side of the device that Geekvape calls the A-Lock and its located on one side of the device. When the switch is in the up position the device can be fired or adjusted, with the switch in the down position the entire device becomes locked and nothing will operate. The option of just locking wattage from being accidentally adjusted no longer exist on this device. Above the A- Lock switch Aegis is engraved into the skeleton of the device.

20210513_135622.jpg

The other side of the device is identical without the cut out of the skeleton where the A- Lock switch resides, engraved on this side of the skeleton is Geekvape.

20210513_135933.jpg

Turning around to the front of the device is the very responsive fire button with a 1.08"
    color display screen under it and the up and down adjustment buttons at the bottom. The display screen is bright and the font size works well for my aging eyes, I have no problem seeing everything that is on the screen. You also have 5 color screen choices to chose from.
    Blue, Green, Pink, Orange, Yellow
    Wattage increases/decreases in .5 watt increments and maxes out at 200 watts and has the round robin feature as well.

SCREEN LAYOUT TOP TO BOTTOM

* Power Mode
    * Dual Battery Bars
    * Wattage / Temperature
    * Ohms
    * Amps
    * Volts
    * Puff And Time Puffed Counter

20210514_151644.jpg

MENU

*Five clicks of the fire button turn the device on/off

*Three clicks of the fire button to enter settings mode

*One click of the fire button in settings mode moves the cursor to select parameters

*Up and down to change parameters

*Long press the fire button to exit settings mode

*Up and down to change wattage or temperature

*Fire and down at the same time to decrease brightness

*Fire and up at the same time to increase brightness

*Three clicks of the fire button then hold both up and down to change color

PROS

* Attractive

* Lighter Than Original Legend

* Bright Display Screen

* Responsive Buttons

* Locking Switch

* Battery Polarity Markings

* Great Flavor

* IP 68 Rated

* Type-C

* Round Robin Feature

CONS

* Short Type-C Cord

* Airflow Ring Sometimes Comes Off With Top Cap

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I think that more people will like the new redesigned Legend without the bulk of the silicone rubber totally encasing the device because of the new upscaled look it now has, don't get me wrong I still love my original legend but don't miss having to rinse the device off of lint or whatever sticks to it in a pocket.

The silicone rubber that is on the Legend 2 feels different and to me it's less prone to pick up lint and other debris. In the years I've had my legend I've never dropped it or knocked it over for that matter so the new Legend without all the silicone rubber works better for me.

Geekvape says the new Legend is 30% lighter as well as 15% smaller and you can tell once it's in your hand. Ergonomic feel is so much better also. I prefer the new locking switch over the wattage only locking way that most devices have on them.

It's so easy to just flick the locking switch to get back to vaping rather than pressing and holding 2 buttons, to me it's more convenient with the locking switch that you can feel when it locks or unlocks and it also feels like it will hold up over time.

Having a option to customize your color display screen with 5 color choices that are vibrant and bold is also a big plus.

The new 2021 Z sub ohm tank also has upgrades that have been done to it with larger fill ports as well as making the air slots larger. I much prefer it's RDL vape over big air tanks, I mean some you can actually breath through there's so much airflow.

Both of the supplied coils worked well giving plenty of vapor and flavor as I said earlier is above average. I have to also say that I prefer the new logo of the hand grasping the lightning bolt over the older one.

Overall I feel Geekvape did a fantastic job on the legends redesign for appearance, better hand fit, locking switch, beautiful color display, large enough font size and a tank that produces great flavor. This is a big win for Geekvape and will be a very popular kit for them.

If you like the new look of the IP 68 rated Legend 2 Kit get yourself one because it's performance is just as beautiful as it looks.

I would like to thank Allison and Geekvape for providing the Legend 2 Kit for the purpose of this review, and as always I hope my review helped some people looking to purchase the new IP 68 rated Aegis Legend 2 Kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It's a good price, but I've read more bad reviews than good ones on vapesourcing.

Try sourcemore. If you have an account, log in to get best pricing. I pre ordered there for I think it was $34.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread