GeekVape Aegis Boost Pro 2 wattage

bl1te

• Jun 19, 2023
    Sevastopol, Ukraine
    Hello! First of all, sorry if you find my wording poor, English is not native.

So, I've recently bought the device and encountered this issue with incorrect wattage.
    I have a 2200 mAh battery and 0,15 Ohms atomizer. Preferable wattage is 70-85 W.
    I have set it to 78 W, but...

When the battery is fully charged, it for some reason provides only 60 W regardless of the mode (Smart, Power, Boost, any other).
    At 4/5 charge it provides 55 W.
    At 3/5 it provides 45 W, and so on...

Could you please help me understand what causes such behavior?

At the moment, I think the battery capacity is too low. I am planning to check it with a 4200 mAh battery.
    Is it even legit for 18650 battery to have 4200 mAh? I've heard that max 18650 capacity is around 3400-3600 mAh.

But maybe someone knows that the problem could be something else?
    How do I maintain the highest wattage possible as long as possible? Do I need a larger capacity battery?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Izan

bl1te

• Jun 19, 2023
    Sevastopol, Ukraine
    I've read that such behaviour is considered intended.
    Nonetheless, another question is open:
    Even at 100% charge, my maximum wattage is around 60 W. Would I have a higher cap if I put a higher capacity battery? Can't seem to achieve the preferable 78 W value for 0,15 Ohm atomizer.

bl1te

• Jun 19, 2023
    Sevastopol, Ukraine
    Hi and welcome,

That device requires the use of a high discharge battery. (20amps or more)

Something like this: Bench Test Results: Molicel P28A (2021-dated) - 35A 2800mAh 18650

What is the brand and model of 18650 battery are you using?
    Are you using an external charger?
    Where are you located?

Cheers
    I
    Currently (on the 2200 mAh battery) it is "Smartbuy" brand.
    I have ordered a "LiitoKala" brand (3500 mAh battery), waiting for the delivery.
    I am using native charging port of the device.
    I am located in Sevastopol, Crimea.

How do I know beforehand what discharge rate has one battery or another? Should it be written on the battery itself? I don't see that item in tech specs on the marketplaces which I use to order the battery.
    Edit: NVM, it is actually mentioned in few cases. But there are up to 10A only..

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Please buy branded batteries from trusted vendors.
    An external charger is always a safer option versus in device charging.

Hope that helps
    I

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    With a lot of batteries the quoted ratings are worthless and can be wildly exaggerated. You mentioned one called Aweite with a discharge rate of 40A. In reality that could be 10A, and they could be unsafe at any level of use. Fakery is very common in the battery world.

There are a small number of sellers and battery manufacturers for whom the ratings can be trusted. Those may not be available in your part of the world though. ECF user @Mooch is our residential expert, he tests all the batteries he recommends so you know what you will get. If you go to his page you will find a list of the good batteries and vendors. Even the good batteries can be fakes if you don't buy them from the recommended vendors. They also test the batteries they sell.

It does look like the mod you have stops you from going into dangerous levels of power, to some extent. But if you buy batteries that aren't on Mooch's safe list you can still get in trouble since they can be substandard unsafe batteries. Be careful, especially as you are going for quite high power levels. There wouldn't be so much to worry about if you were vaping at 10W.

bl1te

• Jun 19, 2023
    Sevastopol, Ukraine
    Please buy branded batteries from trusted vendors.
    I wish I could. But in my area there is not such a large assortment. I always look through the product reviews before ordering "noname" goods. In this case, people say that Aweite and LiitoKala batteries, which they have ordered, are working fine in their vape systems.

Unfortunately, NKON does not deliver to my area.
    There wouldn't be so much to worry about if you were vaping at 10W.
    Unfortunately, as well as any sense for me to vape at 10W, because I just don't get the feeling of taste and steam clouds :(

Thank you for your support. I will investigate the Mooch's 18650 list and look for something appropriate.

bl1te

• Jun 19, 2023
    Sevastopol, Ukraine
    Do let us know how it works out.
    Hello! Just got my delivery.
    It works great! At 2/5 charges it gives 70+ W. I am satisfied.
    Previous Liitokala (3500 mAh, 10 A discharge rate) was worse. So yeah, discharge rate matters.
    Thank you all once again for your help.

bl1te

• Jun 19, 2023
    Sevastopol, Ukraine
    Last edited:

Yazzy

Aug 17, 2023
    Hello! Just got my delivery.
    It works great! At 2/5 charges it gives 70+ W. I am satisfied.
    Previous Liitokala (3500 mAh, 10 A discharge rate) was worse. So yeah, discharge rate matters.
    Thank you all once again for your help.
    Hi! Can't you tell me where you ordered this battery? It's just that I bought myself the same device and I also have the same problem as you

bl1te

• Jun 19, 2023
    Sevastopol, Ukraine
    Reactions: Izan

Users who are viewing this thread