• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GayVape.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
So shall we talk about whether setting up a gay vaper's community site would be a good idea? Forums? Spaces? lets chat about whether we want our own little bit of cyberspace under our own control.

We all know why we are discussing this :)

Andy

Not sure about that, lol.
As it is smokers are a minority, vapers are a subset of that group and gay vapers are a subset of that group.

On saying that I was thinking that if these became popular on "the scene", it would certainly raise their profile - can you imagine Gay Pride with everyone vaping on parade? How funny would that be?

On the other hand it might make the str8s think it was a "gay thing" and put them off, so maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea...

[edit - forgot to say, I do like having a quiet corner on this site however]

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
I agree with a lot of the points that Kitabz made. Plus, I'm really only active on one forum at a time, and I know a lot of my friends are the same way, so I'm sure there are many people here who are like that too.

Plus, I think to making a vaping website exclusively for gays is kind of counterproductive for gay acceptance. I mean, if we can exclude straights from things, then they can exclude us from things. I'm happy with this sub-forum, there really isn't that many of us, so a whole forum would be kind of quiet.

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
To be honest, I think it might be a moot point. While I don't mind the subset of forums here, I really don't see the need. Do gay vapers do anything different from straight ones? I mean, yes, I suck alot better on my Janty than most men do but still :D
Sometimes being in the GBLT community doesn't mean we always need to set ourselves apart on every topic, especially this one. I don't really know of any gay vaping bashing going on :rolleyes: . As someone above me mentioned, vaping is a small enough subset where we are all really one big family anyway. :)

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I actually thought this was a good idea at first but the more I think about the more I agree that it would really serve no purpose. I think when Andy first suggested it we were all still in mourning of Kate and was looking for a way to revive the spirit, maybe?

Now that Kate is back and the fog has cleared my head, lol. The only real purpose I could see for a gay vaping site is if someone were marketing ecigs to gay event/club patrons. The supplier might consider a gay themed online storefront to refer back to for accessories and maintenance.

....hmmm? Gay clubs, ecigs, rainbow metallic 901s, $$$ :cool:

What would be even cooler is if one of our current suppliers would offer up an ecig in a metallic rainbow design. Steve, you listening? ;)

I've never really been into the whole rainbow thing myself but that does sound pretty cool for an ecig. Much better than pink, IMO. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread