Free wooden nickle for all who respond!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegoodkid

Feb 12, 2011
chicago
Thnks for responding. I just ordered a riva 901 from Liberty Flights this weekend and looking forward to vaping asap. I ordered 30ml bottle of menthol juice with my pv. This was my only juice order so far. Should I order more juice asap? Or should I wait to make a test run on the 901? Also, looking for the highest quality, flavor, customer service, (regardless of price) site to purchase juice. Thank-you all in advance. This is a great forum and I can't wait to turn all my friend's on to e-cigs. Wooden nickle's are on the way!!!!!! 7-2.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'd order more juice. I'd get several small bottles (5 or 10ml) of different flavors in different nicotine levels (12mg, 18mg, 24mg) so I could figure out what my favorites are and what nic level is going to keep the cravings away. But that's just me.....
Seriously, I would order more juice if I were you. There are many, many great vendors. A few of my favorites are www.vaporbomb.com; www.freedomsmokeUSA.com; and Gourmet Vapor. There are lots of others. Good luck and enjoy your new pv. I use a Riva from Liberty-Flights and love it.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Welcome!

But give my wooden nickel to someone who doesn't respond.

Usually I strongly recommend getting small bottles of various flavors and strengths for new vapors.

I know that quite a few, myself included, discovered that a flavor that sounded very weird and I got just for grins was the juice flavor that made me never want to pick up a cig again. Finding that flavor 30ml at a time would have taken me months instead of weeks. And once I found that flavor, I woke up one day and discovered I had forgotten to smoke the day before. No stress, no cravings, no problems, and that was the greatest thing.

DivisionMatrix

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
Wooden Nickel for me! 30 ml should get you through at least a couple weeks, but I would go ahead and order several small bottles of juice in a variety of flavors just to start seeing what you like. FreedomSmokeUSA offers 3 ml sample sizes, and a couple others offer sample packs (look in the forum suppliers section). For juice I like FSUSA, and Tasty Vapor. I've also heard good things about Backwoods Brew. I'm sure others will chime in with their fav's as well.
Also, welcome, and congrats on your first PV!

eric2326

Jan 27, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Lots of places sell 3ml sample sizes, and from what I found, most of them have a comment section that you can write with your order. I have asked for flavor recommendations and gotten free samples of what they recommended! Figure 18ml strength for a "standard" level of nicotine, and work from there. Also, if they let you choose your PG/VG ratio, remember that the rule of thumb is PG= more throat hit, more flavor, less vapor, VG=More Vapor, less flavor. Dark colored juices tend to linger and muck up atties faster. Also Pure VG is thicker and is known to gunk up attys faster. I have been only been vaping for a few months myself. There are many vendors for juices and I have not decided which ones are my favorite, head over to the e-liquid thread and see what others are saying.
Happy Vaping!
-Eric

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
Try Vapor Station too for samples - they are one of my fav's - especially for tobacco flavors - just got in a new bottle of Frisco and VS4. I also love Gourmet Vapor, just got in Seattle Blend, 555 Black Label, Whiskey Flavored Tobacco, and a new one, Paris Blend. Samples will help you find the type of flavors you like, I wonder if you can guess what I like?

Chefanim

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Panama City, FL
I'm with everyone else, get more flavors, and don't be afraid to try something odd. It's funny how most of us only smoked one brand of cigs for years, but want to vape multiple flavors each day now. I have one that kicks hard in the morning for my drive to work, then another more mellow for with my coffee, then whatever else I have on hand throughout the day.

+1 Nickel

Sayvil

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I have only been vaping for 50 days now, I would caution on buying the 30 ml bottles yet. Some of the flavors that tasted wonderful in the first 2 weeks now taste horrible. I didnt know anything about the sample bottles earlier. Now I have flavors I dont like, but am too cheap to not use. LOL Still not interested in analogs though. Yea me!!

Laszlo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2011
Australia
+1 (or 2) on 30ml bottles.

In my first batch I've ordered 16 different 10ml flavors (5 ml bottles were out of stock). Because I was reading in heaps of juice threads that RY4 seemed to be very popular - so I ordered 30 ml of it. Not bad for first several drips, but somehow the sweet-ish taste of RY4 wasn't doing it for me. So it will be put aside as a worst-case scenario backup if somehow I'll manage to run of all other juices.

BTW the worst case scenario of different kind happened to me last Friday. I was fooling around with a brass screen cart mod. Didn't work for me as I probably damaged the bridge on atty (eGo LR). Stupid me, I tried it with the atty which I didn't used much. The other atty was my daily (dripping) one and as it happens it just gave up on me two hours later as I was ordering 3 atty's and some other hardware (charger, carts). So I was left high and dry (literally) for the weekend.

I will not deserve a wooden nickel for what I've done next - bought pack of analogs to get me a nic fix thru weekend. Oh boy. So please, learn from mistakes of others and keep a backup atty, battery and bottle of juice for times when brown stuff hits the fan.

Cheers

sprink0281

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
S.W. Burbs of Chicago
Definatly get some high nic juices also. Like 24-30mg I find it really helps the time you get a bad craving for an analog, or first in the morning and after meals and drinks....also +1 for extra atty's always have back ups! Don't wanna have any excuse to go back to the analogs even for a day or two. Ill also reiterate small bottles at first! I have a few two many 30ml's that are just ok, I thought I would really like them but some I have steeping hoping they will get better with time. Also your taste buds are going to play some serious games with your brain be prepared to taste things like you haven't tasted them in a long time.....
Good luck and happy vaping!

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I would wait and make sure you think you have the right nicotine level then order juice immediately.

Backwoods Brew has high quality juices that make good all-day vapes. Not overdone. Subtle and complex hand blended flavors. My faves are Casablanca and Vanilla Bean (and the Vanilla Bean is a great mixer to add to other juices too)

FreedomSmokeUSA has a great selection of tobaccos - not a lot of menthols (but for the Flavor Range tobaccos I think you can select Flavor Splash in the side menu - fre - add that to your order, and ask for a splash of menthol in your tobaccos?). They also have some other flavors with mint like Razzle/Mint (Raspberry and mint), Thin Mint Cookie. My own faves are Vanilla Tahity (a smooth vanilla and good mixer), and oRYental 4 - a sweet caramelly vanilla tobacco that is also an excellent jucie for adding a bit of sweet to any tobacco.

Velvet Vapors - worth ordering a sampler here. I always get their Velvet Blend PG/VG. I adore their Vanilla Almond Tobacco (mostly a rich sweet vanilla with a bit of almond and some TH). Their Raspberry Ginger Ale is great (they also have plain Ginger Ale). They have a few tobaccos like Turkish Blend, Vanilla Cigar, Orange Spice Tobacco

I don't vape menthol but I've seen some menthol vapers recommend the menthols at Halocigs

And I think some menthol lovers dissolve menthol crystals and add the menthol solution to non-menthol juices.
menthol crystals
http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/products/Menthol-Crystals.html
menthol flavoring
http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/products/The-Flavor-Apprentice-Professional-Flavors.html

Last edited:

SecondChance

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2010
Moody, Texas
Yep, I agree with dor, I didn't smoke menthol much.. but my wife was a big B&H menthol smoker and Halo TruePure is her flavor of choice.. it is a nice clean menthol.. not tryin to plug any vendor in particular.. but this is worth a sample if you are/ or used to be a menthol smoker. Best of luck!

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
I just received my Riva 901 today and have to tell you I couldn't be more pleased, It has taken vaping to an entirely different level for me,
Plus....their customer service has been great, I had a problem with the cartridges that came with it and they took care of it immediately,
In the meantime I am dripping and the vapor and flavors are awesome
Suddenly so-so flavors and samples I had are full of flavor and bordering wonderful.
Bogart and PureCig really DO taste and feel like an analog but without the burned nasties an analog has,
Fruits, candies, and flavors actually taste like what they are supposed to taste like,
I'm lovin' it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread