Forum Supplier List Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
Well not that it's going to change anything, but shouldn't the forum be set up for the vapor's ease of use and not to suit the wants of the suppliers. I mean aren't the vendors already getting enough free advertising by just being on this site. I know personally I wouldn't have heard of half of these vendors if they wasn't on here. In my opinion the vendors should be counting their blessing to even be allowed here. I know most forums (for anything) do not allow suppliers on the boards much less give them their own sub forum. That being said I am appreciative of them being allowed here, but at the same time I think the forum's ultimate goal should be to have the forum suited to the users.

EDIT: BTW I hardly doubt that you would lose any vendors by doing this. Yeah they may be disappointed to go to the bottom, but I find it hard to believe they would give up what amounts to free advertising and leave.

Last edited:

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
This topic about the way vendors were listed was discussed a while back. There was a concern at the time that Newbies not familiar with the established vendors have a tendency to pick from the top of the list rather that scroll through all the available sellers. If a new vendor was rather resourceful he or she could just name their company starting with the letter A for better visibility. For a while ECF tried rotating the names on the list, but I found that was even more of a hassle when quickly scrolling through the list. At least with an established position I know roughly where my favorite vendor falls in the listing.

As for that "free advertising." It comes with a price since vendors have to be a paid member to post here. Check out Forum Subscription prices at the link below. I'm not privy to ECF financials, but I suspect the vendors play a great part in keeping the lights on at ECF.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/payments.php

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
To find your Supplier of choice, type a slash: / at the top of the index page, then start to type the Supplier's name. The page will jump down to the Supplier's name you are typing, with the name highlighted. If your browser does not do this, it is faulty or obsolete. Or, type Cntrl+F and then type in the box (as Liscab said). Once you can do your preferred version of this, it takes maybe a second or two to find the right Supplier.

Or, just use the alphabetical list that Majestic linked above.

Regarding the Suppliers vs Members thing: ECF is run for the Members but the Suppliers pay to keep it running. Because there are a large number of Suppliers, and they all want to appear on here as it is the world's largest e-cigarette market, we have no problem at all running it how Members want it not Suppliers. There are three times as many vendors who are not allowed on ECF. There is a balance, but in any contest, it always falls the Members way.

The best deal for Members is to be able to see what Suppliers have been in business longest. More than any other metric, that shows who is reliable, is trusted, who stand behind their product, who has long-running solid product lines, and who offer some kind of good deal for the buyer. The new vendors can also be seen and selected by a buyer because they will have to try harder in order to compete, and that may well mean lower prices.

Vendors have to wait about a year on average to get a forum here, and we choose those that we personally like and use. When a forum is removed - due to inactivity or some kind of a problem - a new Supplier comes in. They start at the foot of the page and gradually rise. The ones at the top have been around a long time and have many dedicated fans, so they must be doing something right.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
Well why not just put the date of joining ECF beside the vendor name or in the description beside location "Authorized Vendor Since 20xx". This way they still get recognition and the user's get an easier list to use with out jumping through hoops. I know the tricks but... seems like I'm used to order and just start scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread