Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Just wanted to report that I'm seeing folks having difficulty with likes not completing, PMs not sending, and being unable to post or reply to threads, intermittently. I've experienced difficulties with the like function and when filling out a PM to send, the addressee isn't filling out, so I can't send. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 8. One person had limited success with shutting the browser down and restarting. I don't know what OS or browsers anyone else is using.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to report that I'm seeing folks having difficulty with likes not completing, PMs not sending, and being unable to post or reply to threads, intermittently. I've experienced difficulties with the like function and when filling out a PM to send, the addressee isn't filling out, so I can't send. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 8. One person had limited success with shutting the browser down and restarting. I don't know what OS or browsers anyone else is using.

All the above issues and I signed off ECF and restarted my browser. Using Windows XP with Firefox 24. Was able to send a PM, like posts and reply to posts after restart of browser.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Generally, if you're having issues with things sending, give it some time. Remember, there are multiple servers at work on ECF, and sometimes work on one results in slow downs on the others.

Logging out, clearing cache and cookies, then logging back in often helps with these types of issues as well.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Logged out. Closed browser. Opened browser. Cleared history (including cookies and site preferences). Closed again. Opened again.

Back to ECF. Still can't clear 'like' notifications. Can do likes though. That was intermittent throughout the day. So maybe the 'like' database/subsystem/thing/whatever is still an issue. Maybe a duplication issue through CDN or other server issue. Some users reported they could see their likes just fine.

If they'd get a "don't notify me about likes" thing working, it would save you a lot of bandwidth and sever workload. Just my best guess without knowing the details and just :2c: and FYI.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Something is choking somewhere.

Can't access any profiles, can't access info in my own profile. Pages - like this one - start loading with a huge siiiiggghhh of no data getting through, then the page load finally completes.

Pinging www.e-cigarette-forum.com shows 100% packet loss every third attempt or so.

Done all the "magic" on my end - logged out, manually removed ECF cookies, cleared cache, closed browser, reset network connection yadda yadda yadda... The problem is happening on ECF. The problem is not happening any place else I visit in internets land.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Now I can't even access my own profile at all. I have a notification that I received another like (I see you there Robino1...) but access to my profile - or anyone else - just chokes. Wazzup with the server that stores profile information? It's hanging on /forum/member and whatever it's trying to access it ain't getting at.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
LOL! I'll stop liking until after they are back to working when accessed in notifications.

I haven't been able to access and clear out likes since early this afternoon. Had some other issues also, but those seem to be straightened out. When I was having problems with trying to reply with a quote, I had no problems after jumping onto Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread