Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
@Oliver, help. :cry: I know, wrong thread but I can't get the reply box to come up in the other one. This has been going on for several days. Old ECF version on a laptop. I often can't quote, takes me to another page and nada. Other times, the reply box doesn't come up. I thought it would be ironed out after a day or two but it hasn't improved at all. Tried cleaning the computer and all that. Flummoxed. :(

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Oliver, help. :cry: I know, wrong thread but I can't get the reply box to come up in the other one. This has been going on for several days. Old ECF version on a laptop. I ofter can't quote, takes me to another page and nada. Other times, the reply box doesn't come up. I thought it would be ironed out after a day or two but it hasn't improved at all. Tried cleaning the computer and all that. Flummoxed. :(

I've had that happen once on me. I just refreshed and it came back. Hasn't happened again yet *knock on wood*.

Hope the techies can help.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Three tries to get the reply box back. Refreshing usually doesn't help. It's chronic on this computer. Sometimes it goes goes smoothly for a while then turns on me like a snake.

Logging out and watching from the sidelines. :(
I saw somewhere that clearing your cookies might fix that. Maybe.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I saw somewhere that clearing your cookies might fix that. Maybe.

Okay, took forever to find how to do it on this thing but it's done and working at the moment. Hope it keeps working. Going for a walk and then I'll give it a full test run. What are the chances this problem would rear it's ugly head the minute they switched platforms (or whatever it's called)? :lol: A million thank yous! :wub:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Might be better to make a new post with it. I tend to always go to first new post and don't read back.

Spotted one today on page 1 in the General Forum. It started in 2016, on page 6 the last post was 9/2/16, and then revived on 7/25/17 Vaporizing loose leaf tobacco

I am in no way suggesting the information isn't helpful, but a new thread might have been a better choice as it did raise some new product information not available in 2016.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Spotted one today on page 1 in the General Forum. It started in 2016, on page 6 the last post was 9/2/16, and then revived on 7/25/17 Vaporizing loose leaf tobacco

I am in no way suggesting the information isn't helpful, but a new thread might have been a better choice as it did raise some new product information not available in 2016.

As Oliver said, they are going to have to look at it to figure out why they aren't auto-closing.

So strange...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Manually clearing the cookies seems to have fixed the problem. Defragger that came with the computer wasn't cleaning them, can't find how to fix that, and installed our "old" defragger.

@Robino1, can you please delete my posts and leave @Kprthevapr post us as it might help others that blunder across it.

It must be a nightmare getting all these things working across multiple OSs. :facepalm:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Manually clearing the cookies seems to have fixed the problem. Defragger that came with the computer wasn't cleaning them, can't find how to fix that, and installed our "old" defragger.

@Robino1, can you please delete my posts and leave @Kprthevapr post us as it might help others that blunder across it.

It must be a nightmare getting all these things working across multiple OSs. :facepalm:

I think yours should stay also as it does show that it worked for you. ;) <3

And that persistence works!! :)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
All regulated mods could be a catagory, TC or other wise. Formal reviews could be a sub forum of that. I wish DIY was on the front page. It took me a while to notice it existed. It seems to me all atomizers could be in one forum and again, formal "reviews" in a subforum of that. Fewer catagories, fewer catagories. I would Get rid of the new/legislation, etc. catagories and just say Vape politics--discussed here. We shouldn't have to post some news story written by an uninformed ..... before raising a topic. How about a simple topic, Vape research, to cover all that.

Fewer catagories means more mixing and mingling, generally good for humans. If there is some serious problem a sub catagory can be added later and then in 10 years get rid of a bunch of them all over again.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
OK, first draft of the forum consolidation plan can be viewed here:

Please do comment.

Note: AMS is "article management system", which I'm installing shortly. We can promote specific threads there instead of them being buried in the forum.

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, the that does look better (had to figure out the actions were on the second column and just wasted a whole bunch of typing for what you already have planned.

Under E Liquid, I do agree with @Letitia that DIY should be maintained as commercial juice discussion and DIY discussion don't mix well, even with prolonged steeping.

Under Rebuildable, I would consolidate coil builds with wick & wire. I've been here a while and still can't figure out what should go where. I think there are significant differences between RDAs and RTAs that I would leave them separate.

Under AVP (sorry this is not order) I don't think that factory coil tanks belong under APV, and already are their own forum. Factory tanks and coils don't belong in Rebuildable either, so I guess continuing with it's own forum would make more sense.

Under the Social Groups there is a state by state subforum. From what I've seen there's not much traffic there. I haven't clicked on all 50, but I know NY isn't active at all. Are they needed? There are also a ton of narrow discussion forums that don't get a lot of traffic. Can't they just go under Miscellaneous Social?

Otherwise I think it's more streamlined and will be easier to navigate and get information and discussions going between the right members.

Reactions: Letitia

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Hi guys thanks for your comments.

Do note that the embedded spreadsheet scrolls right - you can see a number of new forums (in purple) that I'm creating which may answer some of your concerns.

Key to this is going to be the Article System. Rather than stickies in forums I'm going to create sections in the article system that we can "promote" threads to. Then we can have forum links to these sections.

For example, for the DIY section, I'd like to turn this into a bigger resource. I'm thinking that in addition to DIY liquid we can also put coil building AND the modders' forum.

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Also, remember, all threads before they are moved will be "prefixed" these prefixes show up in search, so far from being harder to find things after the consolidation, it SHOULD be easier.

Or at least that's how I'm trying to design this :)

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
OK, first draft of the forum consolidation plan can be viewed here:

Please do comment.

Note: AMS is "article management system", which I'm installing shortly. We can promote specific threads there instead of them being buried in the forum.

On the laws and regulations section, I'm not sure how you plan to change the USA section. It would seem to me that there should be both an FDA (national) section and a State/Local section. The national and local governments frequently have different regulations going on and it might help to keep them separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread