Football, bars and the Vapor King

Status
Not open for further replies.

lady9ball

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Iowa
I am pleased to report that my husband has been almost analog free for 2 weeks due to the Vapor King! At first, I didn't think it was going to work for him - he voiced his need for a cigarette a few times, and went so far as to borrow one now and then. But I will gladly accept 95% analog free any day!

Yesterday he went to the bar to watch football with his VK. I really didn't think he would use it there, but he did! He said that all of the smokers there asked about it and wanted more info. I didn't think to send any of Steve's cards with him, so I am going to drop some off there today after work for the bar owner to pass out. I'm really tickled that it's working for him and that it might help others, too!!!

The only dark spot of the day was when he lost his VK somewhere between the back door of the bar and the back door of our house. So he's down to one battery - oh no!!! I was happy to see the manual batteries on the site this morning so I threw one in my cart, along with a passthrough so we won't have to sweat this happening again (which is highly possible!) Of course while I was there I had to get some more juice. :)

Thanks again, Steve, for helping us become non-smokers!

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
My story relates to yours!

We have a bar in our bowling alley, and I'm pretty friendly with the owner, so I walked in there recently with my VK, and sat at the bar, and said lookee here, Steve....yes, his name is Steve, too.........did you ever see anything like this?

Of course he said no, and I proceeded to demonstrate, explain, etc. I asked if it would be OK to vape in there, and with a big smile on his face, he replied that I could 'vape' anytime I wanted to.....'if it isn't smoke, it's a go'.

Happy Day!!!

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
Horrayyy! nice to hear your husband is doing so well!!! I am at the 95% myself! It feels so good to be there after so long and gives hope to being free soon! Sorry to hear he lost his Battery won't be long and Steve will have em to you fast:)
On the being abel to Vape in public OMG we Don't have to feel alienated or like second class YES!
*whispers confidentially* I am still a little timid with mine I keep being afraid they will think its some kind of drug para LOL

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Horrayyy! nice to hear your husband is doing so well!!! I am at the 95% myself! It feels so good to be there after so long and gives hope to being free soon! Sorry to hear he lost his Battery won't be long and Steve will have em to you fast:)
On the being abel to Vape in public OMG we Don't have to feel alienated or like second class YES!
*whispers confidentially* I am still a little timid with mine I keep being afraid they will think its some kind of drug para LOL

I am timid too and in public I only bring it out in areas where it is ok to smoke - so far anyway. But it is nice to be able to vape in the car and in the house and in the motor home.

lady9ball

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Iowa
I found the wandering VK under the passenger seat of my car! So there is less urgency for my order to arrive - but the normal excitement is still there!

I just realized that I have not heard my husband cough in a long time. Long fits used to be the norm, so this is a fantastic realization for me. I am really proud of him for taking to this so well, when I really thought he wouldn't. The ease of the VK is definitely the reason it's working. He has even worked out re-filling. I did it for him a couple of times, after watching videos here. Now he is doing it himself. You can teach a 52 year old dog a new trick now and then!

As for myself, I am now 8 wks analog-free and my 510 is virtually an extension of my arm. :) I have adapted so well to this model that I am not really considering changing, but if I do it will be to the VK.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I am pleased to report that my husband has been almost analog free for 2 weeks due to the Vapor King! At first, I didn't think it was going to work for him - he voiced his need for a cigarette a few times, and went so far as to borrow one now and then. But I will gladly accept 95% analog free any day!

Yesterday he went to the bar to watch football with his VK. I really didn't think he would use it there, but he did! He said that all of the smokers there asked about it and wanted more info. I didn't think to send any of Steve's cards with him, so I am going to drop some off there today after work for the bar owner to pass out. I'm really tickled that it's working for him and that it might help others, too!!!

The only dark spot of the day was when he lost his VK somewhere between the back door of the bar and the back door of our house. So he's down to one battery - oh no!!! I was happy to see the manual batteries on the site this morning so I threw one in my cart, along with a passthrough so we won't have to sweat this happening again (which is highly possible!) Of course while I was there I had to get some more juice. :)

Thanks again, Steve, for helping us become non-smokers!

I apologize for not seeing this earlier, I am so happy you found the other battery, as you could go nutz, with just 1.:shock:

Congrat's on the Vaping, not smoking to both of you:p

Let me know, If I can help, in any way.

Steve:cool:

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
I found the wandering VK under the passenger seat of my car! So there is less urgency for my order to arrive - but the normal excitement is still there! .

YEY!!! you found it!!!

I just realized that I have not heard my husband cough in a long time. Long fits used to be the norm, so this is a fantastic realization for me.
Funny you say that I just noticed I am coughing less too its really nice to be free of that feeling where if you don't pick up a analog you will cough forever as well!

He has even worked out re-filling. I did it for him a couple of times, after watching videos here. Now he is doing it himself. You can teach a 52 year old dog a new trick now and then!

IM not doing very well with refilling I have added too much and keep getting liquid in my mouth :( I followed the videos but i guess im addiing too much or my cart wasn't as empty as I thought it was. I guess I will learn by trial and error ! hehe

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
I've found that you need to have good lighting if you're having a problem. Drip 2 drops at a time where you can see the fill material. If the puddle you see doesn't go away after about 7 seconds STOP.

Then let is rest at least several hours. Either that or when you finish dripping blow the cart out from the battery end into a towel.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
IM not doing very well with refilling I have added too much and keep getting liquid in my mouth :( I followed the videos but i guess im addiing too much or my cart wasn't as empty as I thought it was. I guess I will learn by trial and error ! hehe

I have tried many ways except the syringe method and find the plunger method works best.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/35563-try-next-time-you-refilling-cart.html

If you get too much liquid in the cart, take a qtip or paper tower and lightly dab the top of the filler. When you are done....put the cart back on the battery and draw very slowly on the cart for the first few times.

Last edited:

RyGuy

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Colorado
or my cart wasn't as empty as I thought it was. I guess I will learn by trial and error ! hehe

Many have stated before to refill the cart at the slightest burnt taste and I completely agree on that. I would describe the taste more like buttered popcorn though. Sounds funny, but every time I vape one of my carts dry I can taste buttered popcorn. Almost identical to the buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys. It's weird, anyone else notice this?

If I go past the buttered popcorn flavor, then I definitely taste the burnt nastiness and just end up throwing the cart in the trash.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Many have stated before to refill the cart at the slightest burnt taste and I completely agree on that. I would describe the taste more like buttered popcorn though. Sounds funny, but every time I vape one of my carts dry I can taste buttered popcorn. Almost identical to the buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys. It's weird, anyone else notice this?

If I go past the buttered popcorn flavor, then I definitely taste the burnt nastiness and just end up throwing the cart in the trash.

I think I know exactly what you are talking about! I am going to pay more attention - good tip!

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I found the wandering VK under the passenger seat of my car! So there is less urgency for my order to arrive - but the normal excitement is still there!

I just realized that I have not heard my husband cough in a long time. Long fits used to be the norm, so this is a fantastic realization for me. I am really proud of him for taking to this so well, when I really thought he wouldn't. The ease of the VK is definitely the reason it's working. He has even worked out re-filling. I did it for him a couple of times, after watching videos here. Now he is doing it himself. You can teach a 52 year old dog a new trick now and then!

As for myself, I am now 8 wks analog-free and my 510 is virtually an extension of my arm. :) I have adapted so well to this model that I am not really considering changing, but if I do it will be to the VK.

I quit coughing up a lung the first day after i vaped all day before. I was more than a little shocked. I expected to have that damndable smokers cough for like a month or several, but nope!
There's been a few other beneficial side effects, but we wont go into that here haha, suffice it to say, i'm glad im no longer smoking analogs.
I never did have a "go kill someone and take his analog" moment, and i find that a little unusual too, lots of people wean themselves, but since i was smoking like..with every breath... vaping with every breath was an easy adaptation maybe.
Glad to hear things are going your way, and hope they continue to do so!

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
YEY!!! you found it!!!

Funny you say that I just noticed I am coughing less too its really nice to be free of that feeling where if you don't pick up a analog you will cough forever as well!

I'll try to get a refilling video out in HD tomorrow or next day, super close up and wide screen if everything works as expected. *AND* i'll immediately vape the one i refill..on camera, cause my method requires no waiting :)

Here's how I do it

but a manual walkthough is nothing like an automatic video LOL

Last edited:

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
I'll try to get a refilling video out in HD tomorrow or next day, super close up and wide screen if everything works as expected. *AND* i'll immediately vape the one i refill..on camera, cause my method requires no waiting :)

Good show. I never have to wait on mine either, but I probably don't fill to capacity... I usually just fill from the battery end, 5 drops - roll a few times, 5 more - roll a few times, do that until I get 15 to 20 drops in there and call it good.

If it overfills out the mouth end a little, then I dab off with a paper towel both ends, then give a short sharp blow through from the moth end into the paper towel. Make sure all is dry outside.

Screw it on and start vaping :)

Take care,
- Hap

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com

Here's how I do it

but a manual walkthough is nothing like an automatic video LOL

Get crackin' then....lol.

:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread