Flying & Vaping What to Know What to be Careful with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey All: I will be flying soon my middle Daughter is expecting my First Grand Child she wants me there for it all. I would like to know others experiences Flying and vaping? I will be gone near a month so I will need to take enough equipment and juice with me. Is there anything I need to know about going through security? What about vaping on the plane? I always get stopped going through because I have metal apparatus holding my spine together and I walk with a cane so I’m prepared for that. I won’t be checking any luggage just a carry on. So everything I will bring will be in the carry on. I will have a regular eCig on me I’m thinking Menthol so it should be pleasant for the other passengers but I have never done this I don’t even know if you can have an eCig on the plane but this is my plan if I can. Please share your experiences with me and the others new to vaping and Flying anything would be most appreciated!

Thank you
Skullman {:{}

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
First, carry on all your stuff don't check it. Li-ion batteries aren't allowed to be checked. Second, don't vape on the plane. It's not worth getting caught. You may be able to stealth vape in the airport on layovers if you want to risk it, or go to a smoking room if it's available.

Put all your stuff in clear baggies and you'll be ok. Send them through with your shoes and stuff from your pockets. The inspectors have seen it all and will know what it is, no problem. Take several smaller bottles of juice rather than one large one to keep it under the 3 oz rule. Once you get to your destination check around for a B & M, you might get lucky. It's always nice to find a shop to see new stuff in person, and to chat with other vapers.

Twitteliedoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Texas
Okay,

So vaping is against policy and if caught you be in trouble.

My experience with it, and I been to Europe 6 times over the last two years, that stealth vaping works out real good for me.
A 10ml bottle in my pocket, holding it in until very little vapor comes out and blowing it down will not be notices. But be discreet about it and don't do it when personel is around. Cover your device with your hand and blow it down while leaning forward.
I had no problems at all on any trip. The last time the lady next to only asked me what it was because we conversed the whole trip. She was a smoker herself and didn't asked until we where landed.
So don't do it at all, or hide it as good as you can.
The customs also gave me no trouble, but they constantly change things, so please be carefull.
Have a save trip.

edit: Abide by the ziploc liquid carry rule they have, or they will confiscate it. (for carry on)

Last edited:

schmicknick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Midwest USA
hey skull...
...interesting question... I have a couple thoughts...
...I flew last year, MPLS to Vegas... I had a pretty used atty on an ego, so the vapor cloud was subdued to begin with, but I vaped on the planes and in the airports w/o trouble, or even thinking I could be in trouble...
...The rules/laws maybe changed....and I would look that up online at the FAA website (search function - whatever); see if there is anything to note there.
...I sat next to my sister on the plane... so factor that in too...but I am generally not overt about much, and did keep things on the q-t.
...If personnel had moved quickly to spread-eagle me against a wall, I think perhaps general phrases might have suited me best. Phrases such as "vapor inhaler," "keeps me calm," "can try not to use it," etc... vs. any sort of legal talk.... :)
...I worked airport security, but pre-911.... however, it's still likely that once you pass the security checkpoint... pleasantness is your best bet when visiting w/"personnel."
...I think I just had mine in my pocket, and dropped it into the tub w/my keys, etc. If you have alot of stuff to take, you might consider mailing some of it (most maybe), and just take a stick for the plane...or what u think u might need.
...All the best. Cheers, ~M

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I'm going to mexico in april. I plan to carry on my e cig stuff, but I won't use it on the plane. I use snus whenever I'm in a place for a long period of time where smoking isn't allowed. The surgeon general puts a warning on snus saying it's known to cause mouth cancer, but I only use it a few times a year. During airplane flights, and baseball games, etc... It's better than crappy nicotine patches or gum. It'll actually satisfy your craving completely. And as long as you only use it occasionally, I think it's the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread