• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Vapers meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Hey gang! Let's start planning a meeting for this fall when the weather cools down a bit. I propose Ocala or Orlando since they are both in central FL, perhaps at a state park?

Just a few thoughts to get the ball rolling. A few of us have gotten together for lunch a couple of times and we had a ball! It would be such fun to get to meet you all.

Reactions: Rossum

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
So like, during the height of hurricane season?
Clapping.gif

If I'm around in FL, I'm in!
Fixed it for you.
DancingTaz.gif

As for me, I'd love to but I doubt I'll have transportation reliable enough for an 800-mile meet & greet. Sounds like fun, although I'd opt for a month or two later. It's still pert dang sweltering in September. End of November would be more to my liking ... but that's moot since, as noted, I probably won't be able to make it.

Did y'all see my before & after sunflower pix? :-(

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
As for me, I'd love to but I doubt I'll have transportation reliable enough for an 800-mile meet & greet. Sounds like fun, although I'd opt for a month or two later. It's still pert dang sweltering in September. End of November would be more to my liking ... but that's moot since, as noted, I probably won't be able to make it.
Where the heck do you live that makes it an 800 mile round trip? Walnut Hill?

Did y'all see my before & after sunflower pix? :-(
:cry:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Where the heck do you live that makes it an 800 mile round trip? Walnut Hill?
Well, the two cities mentioned were Orlando (374 miles one-way) and Ocala (297 miles one-way). So, I suppose I exaggerated. But, not by much. I'm up in LA, the Florida Panhandle.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Well, the two cities mentioned were Orlando (374 miles one-way) and Ocala (297 miles one-way). So, I suppose I exaggerated. But, not by much. I'm up in LA, the Florida Panhandle.
That is quite a distance but as I said in my original post those cities were just suggestions because they are in the FL center.

If no one from the south is able to come perhaps Gainesville would work better. Or there could be two meetings…one for the northern half and one for the southern half.

Let's hear from other Floridians. Anyone interested? Have suggestions?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
That is quite a distance but as I said in my original post those cities were just suggestions because they are in the FL center.
Florida is a large state geographically and you never told me to live in the boondocks, LOL. Anyway, as I said, I don't trust my car on a long road trip, which drives me crazy! There are few things I enjoy more than a road trip.

I attended a meetup in Jacksonville Beach back in December 2011 (almost the same distance from me as Ocala). But, I'm still driving the same car as then, and it's going on seven years older. The clock just flipped over to 100,000 the other day. I love the little thing, but I don't trust it like I used to.

I hope y'all get this thing together.
GetTogether.gif
I'm sure it will be fun if you do.
Woot.gif

Pardon my intrusion.
Neko.gif
CouchHide.gif

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Florida is a large state geographically and you never told me to live in the boondocks, LOL. Anyway, as I said, I don't trust my car on a long road trip, which drives me crazy! There are few things I enjoy more than a road trip.

I attended a meetup in Jacksonville Beach back in December 2011 (almost the same distance from me as Ocala). But, I'm still driving the same car as then, and it's going on seven years older. The clock just flipped over to 100,000 the other day. I love the little thing, but I don't trust it like I used to.

I hope y'all get this thing together.
GetTogether.gif
I'm sure it will be fun if you do.
Woot.gif

Pardon my intrusion.
Neko.gif
CouchHide.gif
you're not intruding and don't be a stranger. And who knows, it may be that such a meet will happen closer to you and we dan meet you.

Reactions: NCC

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread