Flooding carto tank frustration. Help wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
I have been pretty happy with using OCD tanks with cartos primed the Baditude way (thanks again man!) recently, I have been having some frustration with my cartos flooding. I am wasting a lot of juice and spend half my time taking the tank off to dry out the connection on my Provari.

I am having specific issues with Pluid (not necessarily a juice you want draining out the bottom of a tank every 5 minutes). I am using the OCD tanks in both the standard and XL lengths. I started having this problem with the standard length cartos but now it is happening with the XL cartos as well. I am using the smoktek laser drilled 2 hole 2 ohm cartos that I got from IBTanked. I am vaping a Provari at 3.8-4.1 volts. I prime the new carto, fill the tank, and it vapes flawlessly for a short while. Ten, it hits really gurgley and I know that there is juice coming out of the bottom of the carto. Major bummer.

I could really use some help here. I am going through juice and cartos at an alarming rate. Thanks in advance!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is this the only juice that you've had this problem with?

I don't really have an answer or any suggestions for this issue, especially if it only happens with Pluid. I have some "cut" version Pluid in an Ikenvape carto in a Valley View Vapes pyrex Triple V tank. No issues with it for over a month (I only vape this flavor once in a blue moon).

I did recently read a post where someone had seen "brown stuff" coming out the wick holes of his cartomizer and into the juice of the tank when using Pluid. I have no clue what was going on in that instance either.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
Is this the only juice that you've had this problem with?

I don't really have an answer or any suggestions for this issue, especially if it only happens with Pluid. I have some "cut" version Pluid in an Ikenvape carto in a Valley View Vapes pyrex Triple V tank. No issues with it for over a month (I only vape this flavor once in a blue moon).

I did recently read a post where someone had seen "brown stuff" coming out the wick holes of his cartomizer and into the juice of the tank when using Pluid. I have no clue what was going on in that instance either.

Thanks for the response. It's happening with all of my juices, and I am almost exclusively on Grenada, Khlorine, and Pluid. No brown stuff, just crazy flooding after an hour or so.

Man, if you don't have an answer for this, being the carto tank guru that you are, I'm getting concerned...

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
It can't be the pluid because I actually have the same set up as you and also using pluid. I have the Ibtanked standard with the smoketech carto that came with it ( 2 prepunched holes ) and I am on my 3rd fill with the same carto. I also followed Baditude's instructions.

The only thing I can think of ( I am no expert by all means and new to this as you are ) I saw a post about tempreture change where it was causing flooding. Mine has had no issues, but I have not taken it outside my house. I wonder if it is the tempreture change that is causing your problem.

Forgot to add, I am also chain vaping with mine which I know is bad but it is still working fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread