Reedley Ca
OK, I've got one for you.

I do a melon salad. Here's the flavor profile you'll need
Watermelon 45%
Honeydew 30 %
Cantaloupe 25%
cut up in equal sized pieces and chill.
I dress it with the following

Wash and dry 4 fresh limes, zest one of them set the zest aside. juice all 4 limes into a non reactive pan, add 4 to 6 T honey to sweeten it a little the dressing should still be just a little tart. simmer to reduce by half, toss in a basil leaf remove from heat. Cool add the zest and a half a pinch of salt. when cold remove the basil and pour over the melon gently stir and chill over night.

So basically you've got a melon medley, but a little tartness, with a bite from the zest and that licoricey flavor hiding in the background barely perceptible but there.

ANYONE CARE TO COMMENT

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Would love to try your take on an apple pie flavour or better still apple pie with ice cream.

I second this. If the Cinnamon Delight I'm vaping right now had some apple and a touch of, caramel and maybe a blend of various creams mixed in with it, it would reach a whole new level of decadence.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Okay, I took an amateur's stab it this and it's pretty darned good.

FlavourArt Apple Pie
FlavourArt Catalan Cream
FlavourArt Vienna Cream
Natures Flavors Organic Bavarian Cream
Natures Flavors Organic Caramel Cream

Ratios are super double-naught-spy level secret (in other words, I was winging it). No sweetener (it could use a drop or two). The maiden voyage was a little weak and it needs an apple flavor boost, but it's still delicious. I'll adjust the next small test batch.

JC, put your special connoisseur spin on something like this and I'll buy it from you. I don't really enjoy fiddling with DIY juice all that much. Necessity is the mother of invention.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Okay, I took an amateur's stab it this and it's pretty darned good.

FlavourArt Apple Pie
FlavourArt Catalan Cream
FlavourArt Vienna Cream
Natures Flavors Organic Bavarian Cream
Natures Flavors Organic Caramel Cream

Ratios are super double-naught-spy level secret (in other words, I was winging it). No sweetener (it could use a drop or two). The maiden voyage was a little weak and it needs an apple flavor boost, but it's still delicious. I'll adjust the next small test batch.

JC, put your special connoisseur spin on something like this and I'll buy it from you. I don't really enjoy fiddling with DIY juice all that much. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Bahraini Apple Gold is a warm spicy apple but if you want a punch of apple, either Two Apples or Double Apple but with apple pie, you sorta think Granny Smith or Green Apple.

I love the Cat Cream flavor and where I don't enjoy rebuilding coils... I love the DIY stuff. I got into it to make a juice for my hubby and am still going... The other I really like and few seem to use or admit they use is Hangsen Italian Cream. it is creamy but also has a brightness you don't find in the others, almost citrus-like exhale.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
The Vienna Cream adds a little bit of nutmeg and the Catalan Cream adds a little spice, but not nearly enough. It could use a little more cinnamon and bakery (pie crust) flavors. I've never tried it, but the Bahraini Apple Gold sounds like it might be just what the doctor ordered. This collaboration could turn out to be epic.

Well, I did a little research and I don't think the Bahraini Apple Gold is what I'm after. I think I'll take your other suggestion and go with Capella's Double Apple Flavor and put a touch of cinnamon in with it.

P.S.S., BTW, I forgot to add that I've also ordered the Hangsen Italian Cream you mentioned as well as some of their White Chocolate that might eventually try to wiggle it's way into this experiment. Thanks, Joan!

Last edited:

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
i pm'd jc bc i didnt know this thread existed... but i went to a vape convention and tried literally hundreds of juices... the two that stood out the most were a lemonade/sweet tea combo (their take on an arnold palmer) that was amazing.. the lemon really popped and tasted just like lemon and not some fake stuff,,,, at higher watts the tea started to shine too. the other flavor was a citrus mint cucumber concoction that surprised the heck out of me. many layers of flavors and the combination just really makes me want to keep dripping it. i think adding some rum or cachaca would make it really nice. not to make jc the booze juice maker, but he tends to do alcohol flavors better than any other juice maker from the little ive tried and the accolades of many who have.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Bah ... if you want key lime pie, order the version a thousand other vendors create. I'd much rather see something new and unique, flavor blends I can't get anywhere else (and that includes your cheesecake, which I always liked but have recently come to REALLY like). JC is an artist, and an artist shouldn't waste his time doing what's already been done!

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
well there are other vanilla custards... other fruit blends.. other tobacco blends... ive tried about 25 key limes and only one i liked... i think its a hard one to do justice too, so that was why i wanted to see jc's attempt at it... that and i think a booze element could go well with it.. and jc is really good at bringing liquor flavors out in his juices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread