Status
Not open for further replies.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Queenside - by five pawns

queenside.jpg

NOTE: Vaped through many devices. Vanilla Mod, Turtleship Mod, K100 Mod, Provari, and Heimdall Mod. Atomizers used: Patriot RDA, Ithaka, Kraken Gensis, Kayfun 3.1, Kanger Protank, AGA T2, and Aqua Footoon. Used many different Style wicks, steel cable w/ ekowool sleeves, plain ekowool, organic cotton, silica. Many types of coils used: micro coils, normal 3/4 wraps, sub ohm & regular resistances (1.3ohm+). I like to run the gamut with devices and resistances when reviewing a juice on ECF. I finished this 30ml bottle in roughly 4 weeks by vaping it through all these devices. For 1 month I vaped nothing but Queenside.

Price - 3/10 - $27.50/30ml off VapeRev.com
Smell - 9/10 - Smells like it's marketed as, blood orange with vanilla.
Vapor Production - 9/10 Vapor Production was top notch in my opinion.
Taste - (subjective) - 5/10 - Very "Meh" compared to other orange cream flavors out there. It was not terrible, but it wasn't close to good either. Very mediocre in my opinion. For the price I cannot recommend this flavor. There are many other juices out there that are orange/cream 50vg/50pg blends that outperform this juice.
Packaging - 10/10 - I haven't seen a juice brand marketed and packaged as well as Five Pawns, you really feel top-notch when you get this bad boy delivered! Great job!

Side Note:

I always feel people who review a juice and give it a bad rating who only vape with a beginner's device like a Provari & a Protank are not doing the juice review section on ECF a favor. Of course, unless that's your device setup. I try to use an many possible setups as I can to try and find the juice's true match in terms of atomizers/setups/coils/wicks.

I feel that for Queenside, the best device/setup you can use is a sub-1.0ohm build using cotton or silica/ekowool wicks, in the .3 - .6ohm range. I didn't taste much a difference between a dual micro-build or a normal 3/4 wrap build. The best I vape I found was at the .3 - .6 ohm range. It doesn't do well in tank systems. You get much more of the blood orange shining through when going sub-ohm. All my tank setups (Pro-Tank, Kayfun 3.1, Kraken, Aqua, AGA T2, Ithaka) all tasted very similar which is strange... for taste I always go to my Kayfun... for Vapor Production I lean towards my Kraken or Aqua. The tank systems (for whatever reason) leaves the flavor tasting very light-vanilla/artificial tasting... doesn't taste organic at all.

I love my RDA, I have many, but my Patriot has become my go-to RDA... My other atomizers like my Nimbus and my Omega are just paper weights..I may just flip them online. Queenside through the RDA dripping juice is the WAY TO GO for this juice. Dramatically better results... All of my RDA builds were sub-1.0ohm. I preferred a normal 3/4 wrap of 28g kanthal around ekowool or silica..that was the best build for this juice.

Still after all that my feeling about this juice was simply: "I've had better". If you get some free from a friend, try it out. Try to get your hands on a small sample bottle before committing to the big 30ml bottle.

I've heard Gambit is their best flavor by many reviewers, I'm going to grab some of that next and see if thee result is still "meh".

Last edited:

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Five Pawns has me slightly baffled. Their flavors are really good but they are subdued but I can't stop vaping them when I'm using them and all of a sudden I'm reaching for more. So something is good about them. I ordered Gambit and will let it sit a month to try and get more flavor. I have a funny feeling they need steeping even though they're supposed to be pre steeped. Just like a fine cigar needs aging I think these need more steeping than they are letting on.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Queenside is actually my least favorite of their original line up. I found Gambit and Grandmaster great from the first time I've tried it. Absolute Pin continues to grow on me the more I vape it. I didn't like the Bowden's Mate at all when I tried it, but vaping a whole tank, the mint becomes less pronounced and is only tasted on exhale which started to become nice.

Gambit is my wife's favorite.

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
Great review. Thorough to say the least, and exactly what I was looking for. I ran through a 30mL of Queenside a couple months ago, mostly in a cotton/Genesis/microcoil setup, though also in a sub-Ohm RDA. Totally agree with your tasting notes, I was also left with a feeling of "meh".

Nevertheless, out of a sheer need to buy SOMETHING on my last vape-shop visit, I grabbed another bottle of Queenside, dying to break it down, and find a setup that maximizes flavor, brings the recipe to life. Truly surprised to see you had best results under .6 ohm, especially with a "creamy" flavor.

Lately, after doing some Rayon CelluCotton builds, and tasting the pure flavor boost it offers on everything I've tried, I've headed back to Silica. The Rayon is almost bringing "too much" out of most juices I have stocked here. I've even shelved the micro-coiling torch and drill bits, and have been returning to simple hand wraps. It occurred to me that probably 80% of juice on the market was formulated on a silica/clearo or silica/standard-res setup. This line of thinking has reaped immediate rewards, especially with creamy or bakery-type vapes. Looking forward to taking Queenside to the old school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread