Five Pawns Mixology Edition Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleconvertible

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Just received an email newsletter from five pawns. They are releasing a new line of liquids named the mixology edition. The flavors are up on their site, but not for sale yet.

"The Mixology Edition flavors have been uniquely named Lucena, Sixty Four, Fifth Rank, Perpetual Check, and everyone's favorite… Castle Long."

Can't wait to try them all, they sound yummy
:p

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Here's the descriptions of each:

Sixty-Four: This is the first of our flavors that utilizes a clear grapefruit liqueur with a dark refined cognac. This light and refreshing blend is reminiscent of a chilled mojito hybrid. We’ve combined cucumber,lemon zest, and muddled mint with just a hint of dill. (This sounds really good...but dill? I guess if it's just a hint it might be ok, I've been looking for a grapefruit vape and there aren't many out there.)

Fifth Rank: This lively blend is reminiscent of the lost vintage drink known as the “Lime Rickey,” but with a sweet champagne substitute. The effervescent note of horehound herb is counterbalanced by a sweet cream, vanilla bean, and a hint of roasted almond, with a twist of lime.

Perpetual Check: Our tart, unique blackcurrant liqueur makes this delicate blend of citrus lemon, sweet fig, and barley, with a cinnamon stick finish, complete for a warm and inviting edition. (Barley is an unusual addition here)

Lucena: Also capturing characteristics of dark spirits is our spiced rum mixed with a juicy, clingstone white peach, creating the flavor harmony of a fruit cobbler with a savory reduction sauce, garnished by freshly shaved hazelnut.

Castle Long ($10 cheaper than the 'reserve' version): Our non-barreled aged version is a combination of the dark, refined spirit of Kentucky Bourbon, accented with toasted coconut, roasted almond, Madagascar vanilla bean and laced with a caramelized brown sugar.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Just got mine in. I'm excited to try these.

12663350673_78fff774f3_c.jpg

Hey RPad, can you do a good comparison of the new Mixology Edition Caste Long vs the Castle Long Reserve?

I want to see a mediocre comparison personally. Jk.

Get those juices tasted Raymond and let us know! Sixty-four and Perpetual Check are the ones that excite me.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Hey RPad, can you do a good comparison of the new Mixology Edition Caste Long vs the Castle Long Reserve?

I'll do you one better. I'll compare it to the original Castle Long Reserve and the second release of Castle Long Reserve (slightly different formula).

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I was able to sit and try each new flavor today at a local B&M. Dual mico coils on cotton - switching out the cotton between tastings.

Perpetual Check and Castle Long were the best for me and fifth rank wasn't too bad.... Lucena HURT! I don't know what it was about Lucena but it just made me cough like crazy. Three people tried it and all had the same result.

Very different juices than anything on the market right now. I just can't figure out what they were thinking with Lucena.

Here's the descriptions of each:

Sixty-Four: This is the first of our flavors that utilizes a clear grapefruit liqueur with a dark refined cognac. This light and refreshing blend is reminiscent of a chilled mojito hybrid. We’ve combined cucumber,lemon zest, and muddled mint with just a hint of dill. (This sounds really good...but dill? I guess if it's just a hint it might be ok, I've been looking for a grapefruit vape and there aren't many out there.)

Fifth Rank: This lively blend is reminiscent of the lost vintage drink known as the “Lime Rickey,” but with a sweet champagne substitute. The effervescent note of horehound herb is counterbalanced by a sweet cream, vanilla bean, and a hint of roasted almond, with a twist of lime.

Perpetual Check: Our tart, unique blackcurrant liqueur makes this delicate blend of citrus lemon, sweet fig, and barley, with a cinnamon stick finish, complete for a warm and inviting edition. (Barley is an unusual addition here)

Lucena: Also capturing characteristics of dark spirits is our spiced rum mixed with a juicy, clingstone white peach, creating the flavor harmony of a fruit cobbler with a savory reduction sauce, garnished by freshly shaved hazelnut.

Castle Long ($10 cheaper than the 'reserve' version): Our non-barreled aged version is a combination of the dark, refined spirit of Kentucky Bourbon, accented with toasted coconut, roasted almond, Madagascar vanilla bean and laced with a caramelized brown sugar.

I'm thinking Castle Long is going to be my next favorite, right along with Grandmaster. I'm happy they don't rush for quantity over quality, but come on already! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread