First Wood Mod - Wall wart powered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

troxelb

Nov 19, 2011
Vancouver, WA
I have been vaping for almost 2 years now. (Last cigarette was on 11/11/11) I have used a few different kinds of non VV mods. The madvapes battery box mods, the Silver Bullet, plastic Bolt and more recently a collapsible mechanical mod.

I do a little woodworking and I have been struggling with a design that looks good to me and has easy accessibility to the battery. I haven't come up with one yet, but I did build a wall wart powered wood mod which runs off 5v 2A.

I built it using the madvapes VV board kit v2. I had planned on putting a mini usb connection in as the input but I didn't order any in time. So I used a RC car Deans plug to connect power. The upside to this is that I can use my RC car batteries also. Not convenient by any means, but it's useful in an emergency.

Here are the pics. Let me know what you think.

Brian
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:

troxelb

Nov 19, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Looking good!

The VV wasn't hard at all. I purchased the VV board from Madvapes. They don't seem to sell them any more though.

I also got an old Smoktech Groove board from here: MODS
The Groove was recalled because of a battery issue with the screws puncturing the lipo battery and starting on fire. From my understanding it was the case design not the board design. I haven't finished my mod with that though, so I can't personally say how safe it is.

The same place also sells a Vmax board. Zmax PCB

And there is always the DNA20 board, but the cost is up there. About $50 and more if you want USB charging capability. here is one example of pricing. DNA20D By Evolv
This board is more of a high end board that requires you to mount the display somewhere. The other boards have the display mounted on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread