• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

First SS mesh wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Made my first SS mesh (400) wick on my Reomizer 2. Not a work of art, but it works! Used 28g Kanthal, around 10 wraps, came out at 1.3 ohms. Followed a picture tutorial by Eddie Adams - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ere-ss-wick-microcoil-rm2-4.html#post10927111
lXAGdqX.jpg

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
That looks awesome mathee post more upclose pics. How does the liquid come up?

Thanks Vamoman. The Reomizer 2 is a bottom feeder. Here is a picture where you can see the juice hole. Note the floor is ceramic, which is great for us untechs - more difficult to short!
lYdCmcY.jpg

I use the Reomizer 2 on a Reo Grand. You just "squonk" on the 6ml juice bottle, which you can see in the "window" in the picture below, to feed juice to the wick. Extra juice then just gets suck back into the bottle. Basically a dripper without the hassle.
6vOCiir.jpg

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Hey Sven. what you vaping on at the moment? I get excited about people that want to get into dripping.

Just like I get excited about people wanting to get into dripping with the convenience of a Reo and Reomizer2:)! Yeah, I agree not much that beats dripping vapewise. But they reckon the Kayfun gets close. Getting a clone soon, excited to try.

SvenonVapour

May 10, 2013
South Africa
Hey Sven. what you vaping on at the moment? I get excited about people that want to get into dripping.

Well, I have a bit of the usual. I have an SVD, MVP, KTS and I have tried most of the popular tanks. Protank, EVODs, iclears etc. I mainly vape on my gennies though. Twisted wrap coil on my KTS 0.8 ohms. DAMN!!! and a 1.6 ohm single wrap on my SVD. MVP is great, but gathering dust lately....

I prefer the tube mods to box mods, but thats just me.

liezelF

Sep 6, 2013
South Africa
Matthee

How is it wicking? If you getting dry hits maybe look at shortening the stainless steel and wrapping the mesh around a long piece of silica in the middle. If you having wicking issues, otherwise great.

Sven

If you want it by the weekend check out the local vendors. skybluevaping, eciggies, there is a group of guys on bid or buy and there is another vendor in Cape town I can never remember.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Matthee

How is it wicking? If you getting dry hits maybe look at shortening the stainless steel and wrapping the mesh around a long piece of silica in the middle. If you having wicking issues, otherwise great.

Wicking great, thanks Liezel, no dry hits. Using silica with it sort of defies the purpose, not?

liezelF

Sep 6, 2013
South Africa
Wicking great, thanks Liezel, no dry hits. Using silica with it sort of defies the purpose, not?

not at all. Your coil is still burning off of the ss mesh, so you wont taste the silica at all. the silica just helps keep the ss mesh wet and picks up all the juice in the well without the shorts. your wick looks well oxidated though so you shouldn't have that problem at least.

liezelF

Sep 6, 2013
South Africa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread