First high-end regulated device advice and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
In a month or so I'll be in the market for a high-end regulated device, but there's so much out there lately so what are my options? I've been looking at a few dna devices and I've mostly been drooling over the SM nivel by svoemesto. I figured there have to be more choices out there for the budget I 'set' for myself so here's some requirements I'm looking for in my new all-day-vape:

My budget: about $240 (the price of the SM nivel with an 18500 tube)
preferences:
-flush mounting
-near-flat output voltage
-access to a battery compartment (so preferably no li-po dna mods)
-clean look (a provari look meh to me)
-my main vape is a kayfun lite, so preferably a 22mm tube mod that can take 18500 batteries so it's easier to pocket
-small DNA box mods are not ruled out

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
Based on your description the Nivel is the one that meets your requirements specially because of the high end part, But it lacks in performance compared to the newest generation of DNA20/30 and SX 200/220.
DNA 30's are scarce so getting your hands on one right away might take some time.
Maybe in a month or so there'll be something new, sorry I am not much help.

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
Sigelei 20W. You can find 18500 tubes. Much cheaper and equally as capable.
I do like the idea of the sigelei but their quality control is part of the reason why I want a high-end device now. I really want to be set for over a year on the same mod.
I just got my hands on a ZNA best device I have ever owned
How much are these? I can't find how much they cost as they're sold out everywhere I look. I also saw a review of a guy not even being able to flush mount a kayfun or have their battery tube sit straight. The manufacturing on his particular mod was far from top-notch as well, so yeah...

Based on your description the Nivel is the one that meets your requirements specially because of the high end part, But it lacks in performance compared to the newest generation of DNA20/30 and SX 200/220.
DNA 30's are scarce so getting your hands on one right away might take some time.
Maybe in a month or so there'll be something new, sorry I am not much help.
What's an SX200? I know there's waiting lines for most DNA mods but I honestly don't mind that.

Last edited:

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I do like the idea of the sigelei but their quality control is part of the reason why I want a high-end device now. I really want to be set for over a year on the same mod.

What's an SX200? I know there's waiting lines for most DNA mods but I honestly don't mind that.

The SX200 is the chip that controls the Sigelei 20W.

You can fear not. The Sigelei 20W is a SOLID piece of kit. It's provided me with the best vape I've had and is very affordable (especially if you buy from Fast Tech where it's $84).

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
The SX200 is the chip that controls the Sigelei 20W.
You can fear not. The Sigelei 20W is a SOLID piece of kit. It's provided me with the best vape I've had and is very affordable (especially if you buy from Fast Tech where it's $84).

Thanks for the testimonial, looking at it again I just don't like the design of it though.

Any more DNA suggestions around my budget?

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.

How much are these? I can't find how much they cost as they're sold out everywhere I look. I also saw a review of a guy not even being able to flush mount a kayfun or have their battery tube sit straight. The manufacturing on his particular mod was far from top-notch as well, so yeah...

The ZNA will set you back $279. They do have a new top cap that allows for flush mounting devices. Good luck finding one. I got mine at ElectronixStix and they sold out in mere seconds.

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
The Vapor Shark DNA 30 uses the same Evolv chip, for almost 100$ less than the Hana v3.
Thanks for the tip but I don't think the vapor shark would last me a whole day, with that non-replaceable battery I will need to bring a back-up.

The ZNA will set you back $279. They do have a new top cap that allows for flush mounting devices. Good luck finding one. I got mine at ElectronixStix and they sold out in mere seconds.
:vapor: oof.. budget..

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Thread bump, are there any other DNA mods I should know about?

well I am on the waiting list to get a Dark Star DNA 30 mod by Grateful Vaper.....I put in my request about 2 months ago, and I just got an email from Nick at GV stating that the mod should be ready soon. It looks to be a nice DNA30 option, so maybe check them out? www.gratefulvaper.com (I think that's it)......

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

C1utch

Nov 26, 2012
United States

ElectronicStix recently raised the prices to $299. Glad I got mine when they were $279, but it still sucks that I paid $279 for a mod >_>

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I've mentioned this one in a couple of other threads (I don't have one) because I like the looks of it. He does both DNA 20 & 30 mods and will do all of the popular loose battery configurations. They cost about $225 - $240 US or 140 in pounds. From the reviews from customers, they all seem to rave about it:

Nucleic DNA

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.
ElectronicStix recently raised the prices to $299. Glad I got mine when they were $279, but it still sucks that I paid $279 for a mod >_>

Yeah, $279 is not cheap, but I am really loving the ZNA. Been vaping my RDA's at 25 watts on it, so battery life isn't great, but since I got it my Provaris are definitely getting neglected.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread