First build Narda style RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Hi All,

I have a Narda clone on the way, it'll be my first rba. I would like to make a 316L coil around 1ohm. I'm trying to plan the gauge and internal diameter. I'd like to use a 26 gauge for its hardiness, but maybe thinner would be better? And the internal diameter, what is a balanced size? Not so small that it dries out the wick and not so big that it's sloppy...
Judging from the videos I've watched, the inside of this thing looks tiny. Would it be tough to fit a 1ohm ss coil in a restricted space?

Thanks!

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I use a 2.38mm(3/32") drill bit for wrapping my coils, not too big, not too small, for me they're just right. Currently running dual 24 guage coils at .3 so each coil individually is a .6ohm coil. If you use 26 guage and a 2.38mm ID then you will be doing about 8 wraps which should fit just fine in your atty.

Check out Steam Engine to calculate your coil builds. Its a great tool for building.

Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
I use a 2.38mm(3/32") drill bit for wrapping my coils, not too big, not too small, for me they're just right. Currently running dual 24 guage coils at .3 so each coil individually is a .6ohm coil. If you use 26 guage and a 2.38mm ID then you will be doing about 8 wraps which should fit just fine in your atty.

Check out Steam Engine to calculate your coil builds. Its a great tool for building.

Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Thanks, that sounds like a very reasonable starting point. I was looking at steam engine and my values were kinda wonky, which prompted me to ask

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
In my Narda, I have a 9 wrap, 1.5 mm I'D, N80 coil. Comes in at .8 ohms. Nice flavor. Next coil I'll probably do a 3mm coil and try to center it with "X" wicking. Instead of doing it diagonally.

20170202_232737_zpspuixuvrn.jpg

Reactions: Enso
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread