Finding an equivalent ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo1832

Aug 13, 2021
Hello! I am new here, but not new to vaping. I probably starting vaping around 8 years ago. The ejuice I used to buy was a simple Cherry flavor from Voda Vapor here in Arizona. It was the the best flavor that I have ever had the pleasure of vaping. I immediately stopped smoking cigs after trying their Cherry. A year or so later Voda Vapor changed the flavor of their Cherry, and it was just terrible. I ended up moving on juices, but have since picked up the cigs again. I have bought a lot of Cherry flavors over the years, and they all have the same funky taste that I hate. Too sweet, and a weird after-taste. What I liked about Voda Vapor's Cherry was that is was a little harsh, and not too sweet. I really loved the taste. Unfortunately, Voda Vapor has since gone out of business. I really want to stop with the cigs again, but can't find a vendor/flavor that I like that will get me over the hump. So my question here is....does anyone know of any similar Cherry flavors like Voda's out there? Or maybe what ingredients Voda used to make their original Cherry flavor? It may sound stupid, but I am feeling a little desperate here.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
Hello! I am new here, but not new to vaping. I probably starting vaping around 8 years ago. The ejuice I used to buy was a simple Cherry flavor from Voda Vapor here in Arizona. It was the the best flavor that I have ever had the pleasure of vaping. I immediately stopped smoking cigs after trying their Cherry. A year or so later Voda Vapor changed the flavor of their Cherry, and it was just terrible. I ended up moving on juices, but have since picked up the cigs again. I have bought a lot of Cherry flavors over the years, and they all have the same funky taste that I hate. Too sweet, and a weird after-taste. What I liked about Voda Vapor's Cherry was that is was a little harsh, and not too sweet. I really loved the taste. Unfortunately, Voda Vapor has since gone out of business. I really want to stop with the cigs again, but can't find a vendor/flavor that I like that will get me over the hump. So my question here is....does anyone know of any similar Cherry flavors like Voda's out there? Or maybe what ingredients Voda used to make their original Cherry flavor? It may sound stupid, but I am feeling a little desperate here.

Welcome to ECF!

I know your pain, as my fave ejuice is no longer around. I am going to try making my own, and hope I can find something I like. I don’t really have any advice on a comparable cherry flavor (I’m a fan of tobacco flavors and not a big fan of fruit flavors). You may try reading through some of the DIY threads…lots of great info and flavor descriptions there. I didn’t really like the idea of making my own, but I’d rather give it a shot than end up smoking again.

Good luck - I hope you can find something that keeps you off the cigs!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
DIY is probably the best choice going forward since we are apt to see a lot more vape shops/eliquid makers going under. I agree with @smacuser cherry is a tough flavor to find a good one. Is there any other flavors that appeal to you? Maybe staying in the fruit family?
I know where you are coming from, I and a lot of others are experiencing your same issue.
Not sure what vape shops are around you but maybe visit one to see what's out there flavorwise. Some shops still let you try different flavors and hopefully you could find another that you like that would be easier to DIY.

• Love
Reactions: smacuser

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Mongo1832 - I don't have any idea what your favorite Voda Vapor's Cherry tasted like. Unless you still have any of it...making a clone will be difficult, IMO. It would not only be hard to figure out what possible flavorings it was made with, but also...to tell if/when the clone was very close to it in taste.

I make 1 recipe for a neighbor (Cherry Chocolate Chunk), that has TFA Maraschino Cherry flavoring in it, and he really likes it. But other than that, I haven't tried others, yet. I've recently bought 2 new Cherry flavorings though...by Sobucky Super Aromas. They're Cherry Compote and Juicy Cherries. Their descriptions sounded promising, and a finger taste test of a drop of each tasted very good, to me...no weird taste nor cough syrupy taste. So I'm hoping I can come up with a couple recipes for them. If I have any luck, I'll let you know if you want me to, if you're thinking about DIYing eliquids.

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
Hey...to me .....everything fruity or sweet tastes like cough syrup...have you tried green apple....or anything by Yogi? I've been using their juices for years. Excellent company...no extra additives etc. Check them out. I can tell you....NO CHERRY...:)

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
DIY is probably the best choice going forward since we are apt to see a lot more vape shops/eliquid makers going under. I agree with @smacuser cherry is a tough flavor to find a good one. Is there any other flavors that appeal to you? Maybe staying in the fruit family?
I know where you are coming from, I and a lot of others are experiencing your same issue.
Not sure what vape shops are around you but maybe visit one to see what's out there flavorwise. Some shops still let you try different flavors and hopefully you could find another that you like that would be easier to DIY.
The fruit family in Juices makes me ....kind of ill. :) omgosh....so sorry...I'm into Yogi Java. Great suggestions from everyone though. I've tried many of the flavors you've listed....Can't say they've gotten much better in my opinion. But I'm strange.:evil:

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
p.s. WELCOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread