Finally decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithK

Jan 14, 2014
Pittsburgh
After weeks of reading and watching videos and asking some questions and going back and forth and all over, I finally settled and submitted an order! Nervous wreck hoping I made the right decision but time will tell I guess.

I ended up with the rainbow vision spinner kit from sweetvapes.com. Two 900 mah batteries and charger and mini pro tank v2 1.8 ohm, extra five pack coils at 2.2 ohm, and two sm bottle liquids to start.

Was considering the kanger evod ego kit but after lots of reading it seems that many people buy the kit then soon upgrade to twist or spinner anyways. So figured I'd bite the bullet and try the spinner.

Thank you everyone for all of your help and support and be talking to ya soon after my kit arrives and I try to figure out how to put it together. Lol

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Nice starter kit, many of us recommend something along that line. It combines the simplicity of the Ego with VV, allowing a new vaper to get comfortable with vaping while allowing them to experiment with VV. And they make a great backup if you decide to move up to an APV.

Might not be a bad idea to try a few other toppers down the road, many good thing out there now and we all seem to have different likes and dislikes. But if you are anything like the rest of us, I don't really need to tell you that.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Very nice starter setup, FaithK! Everyone's different, but I really like suggesting the spinners (or Joyetech twists) to new vapers. I found them incredibly user-friendly with the variability a plus when you discover your favorite ohm coil is out of stock (you can adjust the battery up or down to accommodate a different ohm), or if you find different juices just taste better at a higher or lower voltage.

If your kit doesn't come with a little chart or card with suggested voltage ranges for your coil resistance, we'll help you out, or I'm sure a chart can be googled. Also, as I suggested to another new member, if you like the Protank mini, the Kanger EVOD tank uses the identical replacement coils. It's always good to have a few extra tanks/toppers as backups for additional flavors, etc.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Congrats, FaithK!!:D WELCOME to ECF!!
Only thing I'd add.....you might want to get a box of lower resistance coils - perhaps 1.8....Kanger has been rather lax on QC of late, and a LOT of their coils are measuring HIGHER THAN LABELED -ie., a 2.2 ohm coil may well measure 2.4-2.5.....that's getting kinda high and could adversely affect your vape, depending on type of juice, delivery system, voltage/wattage, etc.
Just a thought....the 2.2's should be fine to get you started...and give a vape that'll make you say: "WHY didn't I do thsi SOONER???!":)
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
You can do it!!! My advice is get rid of all cigs in the house. ALL of them. Then, simply pretend that cigs don't exist and they are no longer an option. Stay vaping for a week and you will be done with cigs forever. That's exactly what I did a LONG time ago. Before you know it, you will be helping others switch and saying "some dude jifjifjif taught me this little trick" :)

Go get 'em!

FaithK

Jan 14, 2014
Pittsburgh
Congrats. Unless it's too late best to get a 510 atomizer to test new juices- easy to clean if juice is yucky:
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag..._color_plus.tpl&product_id=252&category_id=63
and a 510 drip tip for the atty- nothing fancy as it will be rarely used:
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.browse&category_id=35

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the atomizer and drip too used for? Didn't purchase since it wasn't included in the kit. Wasn't aware I needed it. Lol

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the atomizer and drip too used for? Didn't purchase since it wasn't included in the kit. Wasn't aware I needed it. Lol

They are merely different juice vaporizing options for your battery. They were recommended to you because one is smaller and super easy to clean, the other is designed to just drip a few drops in and vape. They are good for mixing juices and trying new flavors without committing to filling an entire tank full of something you might not like, then having to dump it, clean it, dry burn it, and refill it to repeat the process. Take it slow and Youtube videos on items people suggest to you here for greater understanding. Best of luck, and congrats!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

When buying and/ or trying new juices you're sure to find some really terrible tasting ones- guaranteed. If the juice is strong and "yucky" it's really, really tough to properly clean the clearo.
Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube on to which 2-3 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. To clean simply activate the PV and burn away the juice. Has no wicks or filling/ stuffing just an element.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Congratulations Faithk! I think you got yourself a great setup. I've been trying to decide for about a week what to get for myself and a friend and been looking at either the spinner, twist, or iTaste. This has been a really hard decision for me. I'm gonna go with the iTaste vv/vw sure hope it lives up to it' reviews. I hope to see you around here telling everyone how much you love your vaping and giving others lots of encouragement and advice:toast:

kenmuir

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
AB, Canada
You can do it!!! My advice is get rid of all cigs in the house. ALL of them. Then, simply pretend that cigs don't exist and they are no longer an option. Stay vaping for a week and you will be done with cigs forever.

When I started vaping last month, I stuck an "emergency" pack of analogs in the freezer. This is the first time I've thought of them since. I probably wouldn't even have remembered if I hadn't needed to defrost some chicken for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread