Fin ecig commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
I started with a fin. Didn't have enough nic for me and it tasted pretty dire. But it was a fair starter since I got it cheap from the murphy's. It also let me cut my smoking way back before I was ready to sort out online ordering. I still keep it around as a back up just in case since it takes a regular 501 cart.

NewVaprr

Mar 6, 2011
Kansas
The news radio station I listen to has Fin and Logic commercials nearly constantly. The Fin one says "Now you can smoke anywhere!"

The station I listen to is starting to inundate the airwaves with it. I have a problem with it... "Now you can smoke anywhere!"
No, you can't. I'm concerned because commercials like this attach the stigma of analogs to vaping...

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
The news radio station I listen to has Fin and Logic commercials nearly constantly. The Fin one says "Now you can smoke anywhere!"

And that is my one problem with the ads. There are plenty of ANTZ that take that as a challenge and more reason to come after us. Not the sentiment so much as it would be lovely if it were true, More that slogans like that are sort of like popping and ANTZ on the nose and going nya nya nya nya nya nya

NewVaprr

Mar 6, 2011
Kansas
And that is my one problem with the ads. There are plenty of ANTZ that take that as a challenge and more reason to come after us. Not the sentiment so much as it would be lovely if it were true, More that slogans like that are sort of like popping and ANTZ on the nose and going nya nya nya nya nya nya

I think you nailed it... and the woman's voice is horrible.

I may send a note to the company about that commercial.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Like anything, it's a double-edged sword.

"Now you can smoke anywhere" has 2 positive effects.

1. Smokers will here it and be tempted to give it a try. It's a good way to gently enter the world of vaping, to just try supplementing your smoking with an e-cig now and then in places you can't smoke. Then to find you like it and go from there.

2. Put it into the minds of the public that vaping is safe enough and inoffensive enough to smoke anywhere.

However, I tend to see things the opposite of the general public, lots of things, not just vaping. So, if I think it's a positive, it's probably really a negative. You just never know about those ANTZ.

ETA: Can't actually comment on the commercial itself. I haven't seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread