Status
Not open for further replies.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
If you need to fill your cartridges, fluval and Marineland Type U blue foam are the best 2 materials to use in my opinion. Both can be found in pet stores in the aquirium section. Both of these are for the filter. If you try the blue foam, was throughly with hot water and soap. Rinse completely and let dry. It has some sort of chemical on it. I'm sure it's safe to vape knowing how touchy fish are but none-the-less, clean it. Soap and water will remove it. Pyramid tea bags can be used also. Search PTB in the forums. I wouldn't use polyfill found at wal-mart. Alot of polyfill is dipped in flame ......ent chemical.

jbblack

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Sherwood, AR
That's really odd. I just harvested the material out of some of my old cartos and washed them out to use for this same purpose. I've only been using this one for about an hour or so, so that's not really much time to get an opinion of it, but I'll try it for the next couple of days and let you know how it worked out. I do think I may have rolled it a bit too tight, but we'll see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread