Few Questions about my aerotank mega

Status
Not open for further replies.

kougialis

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Cyprus
Hello all

My name is Chris and i am new member of the community and a new vaper. I recently got a coolfire I mod and an aerotank mega. I have been vaping for a week and i am quite a noob to many things in vaping, so MY questions are the following:

1)What is the optimal coil resistance to use in my aerotank for maximum pleasure and how my mod can handle it and affect my battery? (I currently bought a 1.0 ohm coil)

2) I heard that aerotank is a great clearomizer with good amount of vapour and taste but my issue is that my e cig doesnt produce much vapour and taste compared to a friend that uses the protank. Is there an issue with my aerotank?

3)When cleaning aerotank should i put my coil aswell in hot water for 15-20 minutes and then dry burn it?

4)Is it logical that my battery dies after 2-3 hours? (i use trust fire charger with grey 900mah 18350 batteries(trustfire) )
I hope i was quite clear and thank you for your time :) cheers

Wyxe

Jun 8, 2014
Lincoln, NE
1. I've been using the aerotank mega for about a couple of months now. I have all 1.5 ohm coils. Seems to be a good "middle of the road" coil for most mods.

2. I'm loving the aerotank using variable wattage. I like to vape between 10 and 14 watts, depending on the juice I'm vaping. Your coolfire 1 only works at 8.5 watts. Personally, that would be too low for me. You'd probably see a big difference if you could use that tank with something that could put out at least 12 watts.

3. I gave up trying to clean the coils. Some people here soak theirs in vodka or Everclear. I've had mixed results because it is almost impossible to get them totally clean without taking the coils out. Not worth my time. If you look around, you can find a 5 pack of coils for around 8 bucks. A couple of 5 packs should last you quite a while.

4. Most here will tell you to go with AW or EFest 18350 batteries. I have both and they work about the same for me. I probably get around 2 hours at 12 watts on my aerotank mega.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

kougialis

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Cyprus
First of all thanks for the fast response wyxe. I think i am gonna switxh back to 1.5 ohm aswell. As for the wattage i have friends with variable mods that tell m after 12 watts they get a slight burnt taste so they usually go with 8.5 they use kayfun as head cant remember mod.

I asked about coils because right now i am looking for a flavor to suit me therefore i try many flavors and gotta clean my coils...

As for the trustfire batteries and charger with a bit research that i done thet seem to have a really bad name so probably will take them back for a change.

Thanks again for your help m8.

Diasy

Moved On
Aug 26, 2014
Shenzhen
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Ed Kindred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, Texas, United States
I have Megas & V2s. 2.0,1.5 & .8 ohm coils. For most of my juices, the .8 ohm coils work the best. I'm using them on either a 1600 mah vv Vision 2 or a MVP vv/vw. They really rock on the MVP. Huge clouds, great flavor. I rinse the coils, first, in hot tap water then let them sit in boiling water until they cool & flush them out again in hot tap water. I blow them out in a paper towel & gently dry burn them. If I let them sit a day, they act just like they did when they were new. If I need to re-use them right away, they load a little slow. Adjust your air flow & voltage till you find the "sweet spot" for your juice. Hope this helps.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
and blueberry, it's the great coil tainter! *lol*

it's a silly question as my mega just blows silly occludes vision clouds, are your air holes in the open position on the base?

and that's about right on the battery life, that's why I just dislike one with removable batteries, it seems like every hour and half or so I'm having to swap out.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread