Feeling sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudzacysie

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Well recently been feeling sick and I dont know if it's from my nic level or just straight sickness and probably should go to a doctor but want tl see if any of yall have experienced this as well....well I started off with an evod moved to a protank w/ ego twist then apvs and now mechs with rdas/rbas and have started to lower my nic as well (which I started at 18 and am now at 12) and even switched over to full vg but recently been feeling a little sick like nauseous sore throat tired and even Coughing and runny nose and even coughing up phlegm which like I said could be with a common cold but when I do come down with something like that I dknt get the first 2 symptoms....so anyone experience this?

Last edited:

roadkill46

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Arizona
funny, i don't have gastro issues, but ever since i quit smoking i now have allergies! never had them in my life. now the mesquite trees are blooming this dang yellow flowers and the pollen on them is thick! all over the windshield of my truck every morning. i'm in sneezing fits and my nose runs like a faucet all day, should buy stock in kleenex! i drink at least a gallon of water every day, gotta do that when you vape, especially higher PG concentrations, i do 70/30 24mg.
other than the allergies i'm good. bought some Zyrtek so gonna give it a try today. you may have the same or it is just a cold. there is a nasty bug in my area in AZ that is going around that lasts 24-48 hours.

Nudzacysie

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
If you are into mechs, you really should drop your nic level more. Mechs produce more vapor therefor more nic contained in that vapor.

Also, see a doctor just to be safe.

Good luck!

Yeah its what a dude at my local b&m told me when I got my first rda which I did and jumped from 16 to 12 and I mean at my local b&m shop they custom blend all their flavors (which is why I go to them ^.^) but ima try doing that about going even lower

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shelzmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
United States
How long have you been vaping in total? While I do know that mechs will increase the nic I don't think the sickness would start immediately. Well I suppose it could, but I mean you probably would have had at least a few of the symptoms before, even if at lower intensity. I think it probably might just be an illness. I mean, after all just bc we vape doesn't mean we are suddenly immune to viruses, lol (though that would be pretty awesome)

Mike

Nudzacysie

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Mechs for about 2-3 weeks but in total 5 months and everything been good I didn't even get a tobacco withdrawal....which I personally thought was wierd although I did get a temper that went through the roof but yeah its what im hoping for although this old man once told me while I was vaping that this causes emphazima or sumn because of all the moisture which to me is wierd as well because straight vg juice dehydrates the f. Out of muahself lol

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Um stop and think about it for a second. When someone gets bronchitis, one of the things we do is to break up the mucus in our lungs by......wait for it........a steaming bowl of hot water with a towel over our head to trap the steam in.

As one who suffered bronchitis every year, until I started vaping imagine that, and doing this multiple times. I have not contracted emphysema. In fact, I've not had any lung issues in the year and a half I've been vaping.

shelzmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
United States
I am not doctor but I do not think that emphysema is caused by moisture. Never heard that before. In fact, I do know that some moisture is good for our lungs, I mean after all they are mucous membranes that are moist and not dry. When I used to be a paramedic (years and years ago), the Oxygen that was coming out of the wall of the ambulance was humidified to decrease trying out. There is moisture in air...especially in very humid climates...I mean that sounds like something that was pulled out of thin dry air (pun intended) lol.

Based on what you said I suppose there is a slight possibility it could be nic issues, but I am still leaning more towards just being sick. (But would go to 6 or so on the mechs...at least that is what I have always read...many of the subohm guys with crazy clouds I have read are actually using 0mg juice bc it is not so much about the nic at that point as it is the vapor.

dash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Colorado
When I first started vaping I felt like hammered hell. I had congestion, headaches, the whole tamale. I got a good decongestant [starts with an M] . That really helped things progress. Drink plenty of water too. I had a hard time doing this so I made a special point of drinking at least one sports drink a day to help.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
X-smoker-toxin-purging didn't hit me until my 6th month and it was coupled with having increased my flavoring intake due to upped VG as well as seasonal allergies time of year. I even went to smoking cessation forums trying to figure out what was going on with me it was so awful. I found the 6-month mark is not unusual depending on how long you smoked. A few there explained the reasons but I've forgotten what they are. But, as I said, during all that I discovered I can't deal with much flavoring so, having changed setups, you're most likely getting more of those too. Try not lung inhaling for a while if you're doing that. I did and discovered I actually prefer shallow inhaling (using the back of my tongue to block entry to my lungs) and haven't gone back to inhaling deeply. I try to keep as much vapor as I can out of my lungs now so I don't have to be so concerned about being sensitive to this or that flavoring. Having experienced the clear lungs I got from vaping, I don't want much of anything but air going into them. Also, myself and others I've read here, didn't realize they had or if they did how bad their allergies were until the first allergy season hit while vaping. I think some of us got so used to messed up lungs from smoking that we just blew through those seasons thinking our cough was just worse from smoking too much. Allergies can produce all the symptoms you're having. Your doc will know.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
How long have you been vaping in total? While I do know that mechs will increase the nic I don't think the sickness would start immediately. Well I suppose it could, but I mean you probably would have had at least a few of the symptoms before, even if at lower intensity. I think it probably might just be an illness. I mean, after all just bc we vape doesn't mean we are suddenly immune to viruses, lol (though that would be pretty awesome)

Mike

If he was getting sick from nic, it could happen very quickly. If you over nic you will experience headaches and stomach distress until you stop vaping (or slow down vaping considerably until nic levels lower in your body). Fortunately this is very easy to check. Just stop vaping for about 4 hours and see if the sick feeling goes away. If it does it was very likely a too high nic level. If it doesn't go away, go see a doctor.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I also only go 50/50

Some people are PG intolerant and others have VG issues. After 45+yrs smoking I find to much vg sort of stuffs me up. I also vape quite a bit when not working.

Most of your symptoms seem more Spring fever related, but err on the side of caution. If you don't feel better soon visit your GP.

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
nic sickness is like the first time you smoked cigarettes when you were 13. The thing about vaping is that (if you are using a mixture with PG in it) is the PG is a very powerful germicide. Most people that start vaping stop getting upper respiratory infections because of that. Now that doesn't mean you will absolutely be immune to it but I'd think your illness isn't vape related

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
i would drop your nic level substantially . Consider DIY liquid as I dont think ive seen below 6mg from many juice makers. Out of a kayfun on a mech, i vape 3mg sometimes 2mg. I was also at 12mg but it would get me sick in 3 hits, i started DIY and make all my juice at 3 mg I have not felt sick once since.

shelzmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
United States
If he was getting sick from nic, it could happen very quickly. If you over nic you will experience headaches and stomach distress until you stop vaping (or slow down vaping considerably until nic levels lower in your body). Fortunately this is very easy to check. Just stop vaping for about 4 hours and see if the sick feeling goes away. If it does it was very likely a too high nic level. If it doesn't go away, go see a doctor.

I re-read my post and realize that it did not express what I really meant...I meant he probably would have gotten close to feeling that way bc of over-doing it before the mech...but good advice on cutting it down to see.

Nudzacysie

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Yeah will do about lowering the nic and I mean I dont just go constantly on my mech either usually during down time or when im trying to show off and now im even getting choked up sometimes by using my vamo with an aerotank with a micro in there so ima just prolly go even less for both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread