Feel Wary About eBaying an Subox Mini for low $60s from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
As many of you out there like myself I search for the best deals on items I want to acquire. For example the Kanger subox Mini Kit... You can buy one in the States for $70 or more but the Cheapest subox Mini Kits I see out on eBay are all in China. And these orders generally come with free shipping at around $65 or less. If I was to order one today the auction says it would be here between October 3rd and the 23rd. Now I have ordered from China before, actually my very first set of ego 900 mAh pens. Of course it took three weeks to get here and I no longer have the devices.

At this point I'm just thinking about buying the kit local for a few more dollars just to support local business and the local economy. That is one reason why I don't like buying knock offs like so many on ECF have admitted to doing.

But, back to the subox, I still have to buy a Battery and one that pushes at least 20 amps. That is another good $10 for a quality Li Ion Battery.

What are other people's feelings on this subject? There haven't been any knock off Subox Kits, I think that would be a major undertaking to knock off a Subox Kit!

Kriengsak Wangdulyakiti

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
I would be worry to buy from China when its price is cheaper than official price. Here in Dubai every thing is 200% from original price no matter it is clone or not for example I just bought iStick TC40W for 60$ it is authentic and I have checked security code. I bought Ego One for 40$ I check security code it is clone and I think original price from China is 20$. I have seen Subox Mini selling for 80$ so the original price from China could be around 40$ and I think it is clone. In UAE the country where EC is banned there are plenty for clone and fake e juice selling at cheap price, Hengsen, Aqua, Joytech e juice for instance. I think of next time I will tell seller I will pay money when I check the security code, if it is clone I not buy it.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Thanks for everyone's input.

101Vape only has the Subox Nano. They are out of stock on the Mini. I want the Mini because it comes with an RBA, but one can also rebuild the the supposed non RBA Atos for the Subox.

Vi-Ng thanks for the heads up. I was going to probably get the aspire Batteries if I couldn't find anything better.

And lastly... What is the general consensus of the eVic VT Full Kit compared to the Subox Mini. The eVic from the sounds of it comes sealed with Batteries already at 5000 mAh, is this true? (EDIT also with temp control, and no not sealed - you provide your own Batteries)!

Thanks for turning me on to this website. Effen great prices.

Last edited:

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Who said the Subox Mini's from 101Vape were clone's. I would be more worried about Clone's coming from Anywhere within China a là Fasttech. That and the delivery time from China is usually a few weeks if not longer.

Is there any proof to substantiate that the Subox Mini's from 101vapes are knock-off's?

Last edited:
Reactions: beckdg

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
101 labels clones as clones and real as real. I've never had a problem with them and they ship faster than most places.

I don't know who said they sell a cloned subox, never seen that.

There is a reply where someone talks about ordering from China in this post. Then talks about why order a clone? From that one can infer that 101Vape is selling clone's. I'm not saying they are. I'd rather order from a place in the States to Support American Business.

Besides if I ordered from 101vapes the package would get to me within 48 hours or less depending on if I send it to my Long Beach or Bakersfield address. If I order from China it could be weeks!

I've ordered from Fasttech many times before but not stuff over $40. Also the deals for the Subox on eBay are all from China from what I can tell.

And thanks to everyone who have pointed out the vape shops that have this device for a bargain price.

Reactions: beckdg

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
There is a reply where someone talks about ordering from China in this post. Then talks about why order a clone? From that one can infer that 101Vape is selling clone's. I'm not saying they are. I'd rather order from a place in the States to Support American Business.

Besides if I ordered from 101vapes the package would get to me within 48 hours or less depending on if I send it to my Long Beach or Bakersfield address. If I order from China it could be weeks!

I've ordered from Fasttech many times before but not stuff over $40. Also the deals for the Subox on eBay are all from China from what I can tell.

And thanks to everyone who have pointed out the vape shops that have this device for a bargain price.

I gotcha, I didn't read it that way. 101 does sell clones and authentics, I do know that. They do however label each respectively.

Honestly, I'd imagine the stuff on fasttech that is kanger, is probably really kanger. I just would buy like you said from the states, from a good vendor, that way if it is doa or has problems they may help you out.

I've had somethings from 101 that came broke or broke a few days later, aris clone glass, kayfun nano glass and they sent me replacements no hassle.

I'd take a chance with 101 before ebay for sure. I've just seen too much bs with ebay. I know there are good sellers on there but there are a lot of crooks too, lol.

A side note, my dad and stepmom each bought one (black and red) and I thought they looked and felt cheap. IMHO the istick seems better built but you know how opinions go, lol. It's just hard to believe how well it will last when the tanks alone run 20 to 30 something. They both do however like them, dad runs a mini or a regular subtank and stepmom likes it better with the nano.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
I was wanting the Subox Mini solution because it comes with a Clearomizer and that Clearomizer comes with a rebuidable atomizer. And the throw away atomizers can be rebuilt as well.

The ILeaf Solution looks excellent. It just doesn't come with a Clearomizer. For the money I want the complete setup.

I've also been eyeballing the eVic SVT Mini which has a non temp controlled mode.

But at the same time I'm looking for some Sub Ohm Clearomizers. Are the Kayfun knock offs a good option for sub ohm'ing? There is a seller that has a huge amount of items on clearance.

This place has some great prices on a ton of clearance items;

http://vapenw.com/clearance

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Honestly, I'd imagine the stuff on fasttech that is kanger, is probably really kanger.

Things on FT has 3 states. "Authentic something" means authentic. "Something-styled" means it's a clone. No mention of authentic or styled? This means you have to do a little reading on their forums.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Things on FT has 3 states. "Authentic something" means authentic. "Something-styled" means it's a clone. No mention of authentic or styled? This means you have to do a little reading on their forums.

Yeah that's why I figure if they state its kanger, its real. Of course kanger styled is well who knows what on the inside, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread