FDA Denies Marketing of SMOK E-Cigarette Products

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This was so Over-the-Top it just had to be Quoted...

“Science is a cornerstone of FDA’s tobacco product review process, and CTP remains committed to evaluating applications based on a public health standard that considers the risks and benefits of the tobacco product to the population as a whole,” said Brian King, Ph.D., M.P.H., Director of FDA’s Center for tobacco Products.

:facepalm:

alli_vapes

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2023
South Carolina
theavm.org
This was so Over-the-Top it just had to be Quoted...

“Science is a cornerstone of FDA’s tobacco product review process, and CTP remains committed to evaluating applications based on a public health standard that considers the risks and benefits of the tobacco product to the population as a whole,” said Brian King, Ph.D., M.P.H., Director of FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products.

:facepalm:
FDA lost their damn minds.

Flora1976

Dec 19, 2023
The FDA today took a major step toward banning open-system vaping hardware sold without e-liquid. Open-system products are refillable, allowing consumers to use them with bottled e-liquid from any manufacturer—including e-liquid that contains no nicotine, or non-nicotine ingredients like CBD.

Does the issue of environmental protection not exist at all in America?

These closed ecosystems produce much more waste than open devices.

Or do you have a very big corrpution problem? Do you take money from large corporations?

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Does the issue of environmental protection not exist at all in America?

These closed ecosystems produce much more waste than open devices.

Or do you have a very big corrpution problem? Do you take money from large corporations?
While I think corruption plays a part in this decision, I believe it's really about control. The FDA wants control over what e-liquid we're allowed to vape, and they lose that control if they let us have open-system hardware.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
We certainly are an over-legislated country. Common sense legislation, sure, no problem, as long as greed and control are not part of the discussion or decision making process. But, yeah.

Unfortunately, people using common sense for practical decision making appears to be a thing of the past (on all levels in our society and around the globe).

Same thing goes for Critical Thinking.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The FDA wants control over what e-liquid we're allowed to vape,
Nasty tasting, tobacco-flavored stuff only!

iO6DUfE.jpg

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Like I said in another thread: It makes absolutely no sense that the FDA would be concerned with the fact that someone can vape NON-nicotine (and therefore non-tobacco) e-liquid in their hardware if they choose. The religion of the State dictates, after all, that nicotine is worse than Satan. So it makes no sense for a govt agency to take such a stance.

But by requiring hardware to be packaged with nicotine (open or closed system) , that is the only way they can deem hardware a "tobacco product" and have a chance of it sticking legally in the long term should it be contested. And by requiring the system to be closed, it keeps their game they are playing in their favor. You can't easily vape something else in a system that is closed (although sometimes you can).

But there are creative ways a mod or a kit can be marketed without vape verbiage or vape brand names. A mod is merely a power unit and a coil in an RDA deck can literally light a cigarette. Now we just went from vape hardware to a lighter without making any changes to the hardware at all.

This opens the market for crappier and more dangerous products...and they know Chinese manufactures and vendors are not as fearful as their Western counterparts for various reasons.

They pretend to be fighting the good fight but in reality they are simply making things worse.

Last edited:

alli_vapes

Supporting Member
    Dec 11, 2023
    South Carolina
    theavm.org

alli_vapes

Supporting Member
    Dec 11, 2023
    South Carolina
    theavm.org
    An answer to that would not only be speculative but also very complex. Short version: i wouldn't count on it.
    Republicans do seem to be more open to not banning vape, Trump also is not a fan of shutting down small businesses so maybe so.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    SMOK…

Why do I have mixed emotions?

It easy to fall into that with companies like this, but they aren't the only victim and they have a huge market share for open system hardware in the USA. It's a big deal regardless of the fact that their hardware and QC sucks lol. FDA doesn't care about crappy mods, they only care about being dishonest, conniving :censored:s.

Their mother company prolly got some deep pockets, which is a big deal. So I'll support Smok all day long over this.

Plus I love their early stuff lol.

Friggin' awesome cigar-like setup and still kickin'.

AbNgf2S.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread