retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

This is getting old, and it's something that the government has been pulling for ages now. They sensationalize headlines by saying these are the favorite flavors for teens, and people automatically assume "kids".

Yet....... Look at the age range.

Despite its illicit status, Elf Bar is the most popular disposable vape brand among teens aged 16 to 19, according to the agency.

Wait.. What?! They're including adults in this. That's right. Much like other topics that shall not be discussed in the open forums, the government is including adults in their numbers in order to make things look much worse than they actually are. Now granted, there are laws on the books that prohibit the sale of tobacco products to anyone under the age of 21 (which is a topic for another discussion), but seriously, including adults in your attempt to "save the children" is underhanded. Unfortunately, the clueless crusaders will latch on to those numbers and continue on with the bovine excrement.

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Bro and we used to smoke cigarettes like wtf. Every kid at the park had a pack of smokes. Middle schoolers, highschoolers. If there was fruity vapes back then everyone would have had one instead. It's not kids that like fruity flavors, pretty much everyone and their grandma likes fruity flavors lol. Tbh I think they should just chuck disposables. Teens don't really f with mods and atomizers. I only ever seen 2 kids with one. When I say kids I mean teenagers not like 8 year olds. They were actually like 18-19. I remember kids in elementary school smoking cigarettes tho. Also I hate when they call teens kids, cause of the they use it, trying to say 17 year olds are kids like they're talking about a 10 year old smoking.... I call them kids too but it's not in the same way, I'm not trying to push an agenda, they just seem so young now that I'm older... They're like kids even tho they're 16-19 year old.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It was never the flavor that drew rebel kids in, it was (and always will be) the fact that we were doing something that we weren't supposed to be doing.

The math remains relatively simple (like too many of our elected legislators).

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
It was never the flavor that drew rebel kids in, it was (and always will be) the fact that we were doing something that we weren't supposed to be doing.

The math remains relatively simple (like too many of our elected legislators).
Reminds me, if sub ohm was a thing when I was 15 I would have been so sold because of the vapor clouds, but I already smoked a lot of cigarettes.... And a ton of the devil's lettuce. So it's not like the unholy devils of vapor we're gonna try to convert me like some of these anti vape campaigns wanna claim. Lol. Yo back then I wouldn't even have cared if it was really flavorful I mean thats a plus tho. I'd just be going around blowing clouds so big like I was hitting a (big water pipe that looks like a flower vase) and be entertained. The only way you could actually blow giant clouds before sub ohm was if you ripped like a gravity (2 litre soda bottle in a bucket with a ratchet bit stuck in the lid). Still, the fact remains I smoked cigarettes already, and it they were around when I was 14-16 I definitely would have had a sub ohm mod.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Many of the mostly 15-18 yr. old teens I've talked to about vaping in the last 3-4 years, don't give a rat's azz about the flavor of the eliquid in the new disposables they're using, or in the JUUL pods they used to use. They've flat out told me "it's the head rush or buzz from the nicotine that we're after." Most have had no idea that the 3% or 5% stated on the disposables and/or pods is actually 30mg/mL and 50mg/mL. In fact, many find it funny that most adults who used to smoke for years and switched over to vaping...regularly vape eliquid that's a lower mg/mL.

Many told me they used to go through 2 or more JUUL pods per day. They like the new, much higher puff count capable disposables better though, because they're cheaper in the longrun and last them a few days. ;)

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Many of the mostly 15-18 yr. old teens I've talked to about vaping in the last 3-4 years, don't give a rat's azz about the flavor of the eliquid in the new disposables they're using, or in the JUUL pods they used to use. They've flat out told me "it's the head rush or buzz from the nicotine that we're after." Most have had no idea that the 3% or 5% stated on the disposables and/or pods is actually 30mg/mL and 50mg/mL. In fact, many find it funny that most adults who used to smoke for years and switched over to vaping...regularly vape eliquid that's a lower mg/mL.

Many told me they used to go through 2 or more JUUL pods per day. They like the new, much higher puff count capable disposables better though, because they're cheaper in the longrun and last them a few days. ;)
ಠ_ಠ

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My mother started smoking cigarettes when she was 13 years old. I'm pretty sure they didn't taste fruity back then, but Hell they were allowed to get away with smoking in their school bathrooms.

High school in the late 70s was more than just a touch fun.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
High school in the late 70s was more than just a touch fun.
Yep, I graduated in '79 and my high school had a huge smoking area. Unfortunately, it was outside with no roof and in Michigan.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yep, I graduated in '79 and my high school had a huge smoking area. Unfortunately, it was outside with no roof and in Michigan.

High school is where were learned how to smoke QUICKLY (in the winter), It came in handy later in life. ;)

jeremyvapes

Nov 14, 2023
Bro and we used to smoke cigarettes like wtf. Every kid at the park had a pack of smokes. Middle schoolers, highschoolers. If there was fruity vapes back then everyone would have had one instead. It's not kids that like fruity flavors, pretty much everyone and their grandma likes fruity flavors lol. Tbh I think they should just chuck disposables. Teens don't really f with mods and atomizers. I only ever seen 2 kids with one. When I say kids I mean teenagers not like 8 year olds. They were actually like 18-19. I remember kids in elementary school smoking cigarettes tho. Also I hate when they call teens kids, cause of the they use it, trying to say 17 year olds are kids like they're talking about a 10 year old smoking.... I call them kids too but it's not in the same way, I'm not trying to push an agenda, they just seem so young now that I'm older... They're like kids even tho they're 16-19 year old.
Noooo, don't get rid of the disposables! I don't care what's popular with teens, I'm an ADULT who uses disposables and I want to continue using them for my own convenience :(

Users who are viewing this thread