Favorite True MTL RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y060N

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Central Florida
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been here but wanted to ask your opinion on MTL RDAs.

The most recommended ones I've seen were the Vapefly Holic, Galaxies, and 1928. I've tried all 3 and definitely prefer the 1928 (smallest hole). I have had a handful of other MTL RDAs but many of the more modern ones are loose MTL style rather than a tight draw.

I tend to prefer the 0.8 - 1.0mm airflow region and prefer to squonk, so I wanted to ask if you guys have some recommendations for other RDAs that I can pick up and try. I figure older atties will probably be what I'm looking at, but want to ask since MTL seems to be a little more popular here than on other boards I've asked.

I appreciate any insight you can give. I have some great MTL RTAs, but specifically looking for squonkable RDAs.

Last edited:

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
I have a couple of the ones you mentioned, but my go-to is still the Speed Revolution clones from fasttech. They are relatively cheap and still available despite the age of the design. No fancy gimmicks or convoluted airflow. Just a hole in the cap that you line up with the coil. The airflow hole is just right for me on most of them (about 1-1.2 mm I think, it varies a bit depending on which clone), and they come with squonk pins. They are easy to build and wick with plain wire and the deck screws can be adjusted if desired. Since I squonk I especially like the most recent YFTK 2019 version as it has a new deck design that allows the deck to completely drain (the older versions have a protruding center pin that creates a juice well, albeit a small one). The 2019 version doesn't have adjustable deck screws though. I have not found that to be a problem.

Reactions: TraderX

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    My one & only RDA is still the A7. They are an easy build, and I can duplicate the draw & flavor of anything from an old 510 atomizer, HH-357, or even a cartomizer with them. (but with better flavor)
    I normally wrap 1.7-1.8 ohm coils around 3mm Ekowool, (so never the taste of burning cotton) and a coil lasts for about a month.
    The A7 is still the flavor king of all MTL RDA's IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread