Failing Silver Bullet/Disappointing Customer service from Altsmoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
I am writing this review of my experience with ALtsmoke. I am very surprised this isn't titled differently, as my last Silver Bullet worked flawlessly, but it is the response to the issue with the new one that has me very upset. Here is my story.

I received a Silver Bullet last week. From Day 1, the button would fail to fire often, or wait 2-3 seconds after fully depressed before the atty would fire. I brought this to the attention of Altsmoke immediately. Here is the response I received.
*Email removed for compliance with forum rules* (Directions given on how to fix the buttonby tapping on it)

Well, I tried tapping the button and this only worked very briefly. I mailed Altsmoke back in the hopes that a replacement could be sent out, and I could return the faulty SB I now had in my possession. I received this letter back:

*Email removed to comply with forum rules* (I was told to send the item in for repair)

This is extremely disappointing to me. I would not expect to return what is at the moment my only working PV to be repaired. The unit has failed from the very minute I had received it. If I had the SB for 30 or 60 days I think that would be another story. I am disappointed that an offer wasn't made to send another replacement unit, and instead directions to send the unit in for repair? How long will I be without my PV while it is mailed to Altsmoke, sat until it is repaired, then mailed back to me? I would expect a week or more and that will see me slip back onto analogs. I've always had great experiences with Altsmoke, and with my old SB in the past. This however is a very upsetting issue that has me reconsidering doing future business, or recommending others to the site. I'm hoping that the issue is resolved in a different manner, and hopefully no others experience the same thing as I have. So there is my 2 cents. With all that make your own decision on purchasing. I am still unsure what the future holds between myself and Altsmoke.

*UPDATE!*

Today I met with Chad, and he exchanged my newer SB. Not only did he meet up with me which was faster than any shipping, but he brought out a beautiful color I've never seen before on a Silver Bullet. he called it Silver Vein and WOW is it gorgeous! :D You all who know me from ECF chat know I've spent months pushing the SB on anyone who will listen, and this new unti works just like my old, fires first time, every time. Of course I couldn't get lucky to win the lottery, just to get the 1/1000 bad button :) Thanks to Chad at Altsmoke for getting on top of this so quickly and proposing a better solution. WooT! :D Picture 4.jpg Picture 2.jpg

Last edited:

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Glad things worked out for you and that you posted back. I've only placed 1 order with them last year when I first started vaping. Just a suggestion - you might want to get a back up PV for those times when something might go wrong with your main PV. Even a low cost box mod would be better than cigs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread