Facebook Bans A Billion Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Well, here we go again with the same ole crap--these guys are making a "film" about how switching to vapor is saving lives all over the world, and now Facebook has banned the "film" for being a "tobacco product." Now that's a curious thing, a film about people quitting tobacco by using a product that contains no tobacco is, somehow, now considered to be a tobacco product. So, I guess we've finally reached the point where when reality doesn't match our objectives, we merely redefine reality. A 21st Century version of burning the books, if you will. In any case, it's fairly obvious that Facebook doesn't promote freedom of expression, but rather promotes government approved speech and profit.

A Billion Lives
Letter to Facebook

Last edited:

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Another reason to dislike Facebook!
images

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
While I (strongly) disagree with the FB policy on this, I don't see it as an outright ban. Just start a page/group for the film, and promote that. The FB rebuttal letter seems to suggest that the page could be promoted via advertising.

I see your point, and they may choose that approach. I sort of feel that complying with the FB policy is tantamount to conceding FB's assertions--something I am loathe to ever do. I think the lifesaving potential of switching to vaping should be emphasized much more than focusing on the origin of nicotine. Just my $0.02, admittedly.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Now that's a curious thing, a film about people quitting tobacco by using a product that contains no tobacco is, somehow, now considered to be a tobacco product.

They're (Zuckerberg et al) are likely tied into the FDA deeming definition of 'tobacco product'. To keep saying that it is not a tobacco product, isn't going anywhere with certain factions.

For anyone who thinks that the "billionaires" mentioned in last night's debate, are from the Right - think again.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
For anyone who thinks that the "billionaires" mentioned in last night's debate, are from the Right - think again.

Yeah, thinking of the debate makes me wonder if the continuing legality of vaping will soon be the least of our worries . . .

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
While I (strongly) disagree with the FB policy on this, I don't see it as an outright ban. Just start a page/group for the film, and promote that. The FB rebuttal letter seems to suggest that the page could be promoted via advertising.

A Billion Lives already has a FB page. The ban was not allowing them to advertise the film on FB because they were promoting a tobacco product. FB might get some mention in the film, now that they've admitted they're in the ANTZ camp.

CRNhLMQWUAAKzT3.jpg

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
A Billion Lives already has a FB page. The ban was not allowing them to advertise the film on FB because they were promoting a tobacco product. FB might get some mention in the film, now that they've admitted they're in the ANTZ camp.

View attachment 498603

OMG. The biggest mistake EVER made was to refer to vaping as e-cigarettes. We all know that they have no tobacco products in them but FB is doing the "politically correct" thing and instead of saving lives they are not offering anyone who smokes the opportunity to choose for themselves. With the legislation that is going on I'm not sure there is anything anyone can do unless we can build enough support to stop the misinformation and educate those who have fallen for the hype. However, even if we are able to educate them, they want their share of the money and they will ignore the truth for the all mighty dollar. This makes me so mad. Sorry for the rant. But, REALLY????:grr:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
OMG. The biggest mistake EVER made was to refer to vaping as e-cigarettes. We all know that they have no tobacco products in them but FB is doing the "politically correct" thing and instead of saving lives they are not offering anyone who smokes the opportunity to choose for themselves. With the legislation that is going on I'm not sure there is anything anyone can do unless we can build enough support to stop the misinformation and educate those who have fallen for the hype. However, even if we are able to educate them, they want their share of the money and they will ignore the truth for the all mighty dollar. This makes me so mad. Sorry for the rant. But, REALLY????:grr:

The biggest mistake ever made was allowing anti-smoking zealots to gain traction, and now feel superior.

Because they gained traction the idea of "saving a billion lives" now somehow, magically, makes sense. I mean if it's "time for the truth" are we going to update / correct all the smoking deception and propaganda? Or just hold that out as "truth" so we can position vaping against that?

This just in.... all vapers will one day die.

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
The biggest mistake ever made was allowing anti-smoking zealots to gain traction, and now feel superior.

Because they gained traction the idea of "saving a billion lives" now somehow, magically, makes sense. I mean if it's "time for the truth" are we going to update / correct all the smoking deception and propaganda? Or just hold that out as "truth" so we can position vaping against that?

This just in.... all vapers will one day die.

Ummmm....don't you mean everyone will one day die???

Those guys are just jumping on a bandwagon already started by the tobacco lobbies in Washington. It's all about the money. If the legislators can classify nicotine as a tobacco product, which they are very close, if not already done, then they can tax it accordingly as well as regulate it. The tobacco companies are already losing billions from the vaping community. Instead of getting on board they are fighting to keep their poisonous products in use and the money in their pocket. They don't care about the health of the American public. And unless you have millions and millions of dollars, there is no way to stop people like this from gaining traction. The thing that really angered me was that FB is banning anything related to vaping. That is total censorship. That is what they do in communist countries. If they are going to allow anti-vapers to post and make pages, the in all fairness they need to allow vapers to do the same. I guess this just shows who the people who run and control FB really are. I'm not arguing your point. I just think if the vaping community really wants to make a difference and take a stand, they need to join organizations like casaa and others and make their voice heard.

Last edited:

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana

So do you have to pay for the advertising?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If they do go ahead and classify the nicotine we use for vaping as a "tobacco product," I foresee a lawsuit pushing to have ALL NRT classified as "tobacco products." BP would hate that, and that might be the only thing holding all this back. BP is the FDA's paymaster after all.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread