F16 Boge Carto's are SUCKING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ov3rDoSe

Jan 20, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Here's the deal..I bought an F16 tank system about a week back, filled the tank as instructed, and it worked AMAZING! Quite possibly the best vape I've had in my life. After about a week, that original carto that came with the tank died, so I got some replacement carto's from the same vendor. Plugged in the first new carto, filled as per instructions, aaaand nothing. A burnt paper taste and smell, no crackle..horrible. So I tried another new one, and another, all giving me the exact same problem. Lucky for me I ordered a backup F16 tank system (complete with tank, and 1 carto already inside - same as the original) and gave that a go. Worked as good as the original!! I've since tried 4 of the 10 replacement carto's (bought without tanks) as they all have the same issue. I know about bad batches of boge's and whatnot..but why in the world would carto's shipping with the tank work amazing but ones bought individually be garbage?! I've since tried filling the cartos as you would without a tank, then putting them inside the full tank, and they work alright for a few puffs and then its back to the same lack of performance. I try taking hard sharp drags to wick the juice in through the tiny pre-punched holes, blowing through the carto, tipping it (??) but nothing can make these replacements perform as well as the 2 that came with the tanks. I'm at wits end because I really love the vape, look, feel, taste, everything about the F16 as experienced through the 2 that came as the set, and can't figure out for the life of me why the replacements would be such garbage when I treat them the same.
Anyone? :?:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I really don't know what an F16 is.

I've since tried filling the cartos as you would without a tank, then putting them inside the full tank, and they work alright for a few puffs and then its back to the same lack of performance. I try taking hard sharp drags to wick the juice in through the tiny pre-punched holes

All cartos need to be pre-filled before being tanked, and letting then sit for a few minutes is also a good idea. I did recently try the new Boge LR cartos that come with one or two holes from the factory on a special.

The one hole standard version I got isn't punched and the hole size is a rather large 2.3mm. They work quite well, the hole may be a tad high for some.

These are the exact ones I got.

https://www.vaporgod.com/Boge-510-20-Pre-Punched-Stainless-Cartomizer-5-Pack--1-Hole_p_341.html

And this what they look like.

vaporgodbogestainlesslrprepunched1holecarto.jpg

Ov3rDoSe

Jan 20, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks for the reply, but the reason I was not prefilling the cartos is that the filling instructions on the site I bought from specifically said not to. I've since spoken with the store owner and they have revised that initial instruction and suggested that I fill them completely before filling the tank. Just to be clear, this is what my carto's look like:
F16stand up2-600x600.jpg

They are specially made, as you can see, with the lip that fits into the tank at the bottom. Also the holes are much smaller than the carto you have posted a pic of..That was another suggestion of the store manager I'm going to try; to drill out the holes larger to allow more wicking.

I'm still very confused as to why there would be this much difference between the carto that comes with the f16 tank, and the carto's in the 5 piece replacement pack, when they are, at least visually, the exact same. So I have a few things to try and make these things work as expected; I'll report back on them to help anyone else experiencing the same problems.

Mooki

ECF Veteran
That is rather odd how they differ. Obviously the Boges I got are made to be tanked. All tanks function the same, hence you don't need different size holes for different brands of tanks.

Good luck.

hi guys

i can shed some light on this. i actually just put in a direct order to boge.

and was offered 2.3mm hole. which is what that big hole is.

or 1mm hole which is the tiny small hole. [ no jokes please :p]

or unpunched cartomizers, depends what kind of liquid your using, i prefer the 2.3mm hole for my pure VG

i was told any of these solutions work for the F16. obviously you just need to punch the plain carto

i can tell you also iv had recent issues with my plain XL cartos from boge. about 1/3 of the last batch i got after being put into the tank and primed would just glow bright red inside. even when extremely juiced up. obviously faulty , i could actually see the red glow through the hole in the carto when in the tank, my last 3 i had were faulty. very bad for me since i had to re order and have just 1 working carto atm

its just poor QA from boge. they told me they have fixed the issue but we all know what that means

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread