Evod battery/Protank...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGates

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Collingdale PA
I picked up an Evod kit and a protank. I like both the Evods and the Protank, everything was working great, but I recently ran in to an issue. The protank seems to not be making contact with the batteries (very little to no vapor when I push the button). At first I was able to tighten or loosen the protank on the battery ever so slightly and it would work fine. When that stopped working I tried to adjust the battery center pin a bit like I've had to do in the past with some of my 808 batteries, but that hasn't made a difference. So now my protank isn't working on either Evod battery but the Evod clearos work fine. Any suggestions??

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
Disassemble the Protank... unscrew the coil head... on the bottom of the head gently pull on the metal pin so that there is a small gap between the pin and the rubber insulator. Make sure the head is tight when you reinstall it on the base. Re-assemble and don't put the PT on the battery very tight just enough for the pin to make contact with the battery.

MGates

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Collingdale PA
It worked. Thank you!! Guess I have a habit of over tightening. haha

Disassemble the Protank... unscrew the coil head... on the bottom of the head gently pull on the metal pin so that there is a small gap between the pin and the rubber insulator. Make sure the head is tight when you reinstall it on the base. Re-assemble and don't put the PT on the battery very tight just enough for the pin to make contact with the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread