eVic VTC Mini missing battery vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
I think the design of this particular device includes gaps that give the same result, making electronic safety measures a bonus. I would compare it to narrow gaps around your front door which in total are equivalent to having a hole drilled in that door.

i like the way you visualized the airflow inside the evic :thumb:

Reactions: 440BB

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It's getting cold here so air gaps are on my mind lol!

I do recall that vent holes were added to many earlier tube mods after the fact to compensate for a design oversight in many early devices. Many today continue to only have holes only in the bottom, which is not very good for safety purposes. Between battery swelling blocking the top-venting nature of batteries and the propulsion of a venting battery toward one's face, they are sometimes still an afterthought in design in my opinion.

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
It's getting cold here so air gaps are on my mind lol!

I do recall that vent holes were added to many earlier tube mods after the fact to compensate for a design oversight in many early devices. Many today continue to only have holes only in the bottom, which is not very good for safety purposes. Between battery swelling blocking the top-venting nature of batteries and the propulsion of a venting battery toward one's face, they are sometimes still an afterthought in design in my opinion.

Insulation inspired ventilation huh :)

Indeed vent holes on the top and on sides make more sense,
if they are present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread